Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696016 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Kadur Theocracy v1.1.1 (new version 9/20/2013)
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

Thank you! It actually integrates with three mods now, so go check out Junk Pirates and grab the new version (and the new version of the Kadur Theocracy, too) when you next start a new game. ;D

edit for new page:
Version 1.1.2, including a new system, new faction (same ships though), Junk Pirates integration, balance tweaks, descriptions for stuff, and a new heavy combat frigate!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:00:02 AM by Vayra »
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »

Awesome!  I'm glad to see it's working well now.  Mirage is a completely awesome system, I really like it's layout; I was wondering how long it'd take someone to put together a binary system and I am not at all disappointed.  I'm going to be flying around a bit longer, and hopefully I'll be able to come back with more helpful info than "the integration is borked".

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Small update: I put together a heavy combat frigate, the Kadur's take on a Lasher or the like. Couldn't put it in as a starting option but one is marooned on the abandoned station in Mirage if you want to pick it up!

Also includes a description for the yellow-white dwarf stars in Mirage... Can't believe I missed that. :v

Anyway... say hello to the Camel!

Er...

Well, you'll have to trust me. It's a good ship.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:07:03 AM by Vayra »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2013, 03:10:49 AM »

Loving the continued attention you're giving this. I can't count how many little things I've needed to fix because you caught them, and that's great. ;D
I'm a modder for other games, I just can't do 2D so I won't be modding Starsector.

Spoiler
This is more my speed these days

Someone else textured that, for a Kerbal Space Program mod
[close]

For the Hauberk, I'm not sure -- I'm really not very good with java, so the AI for the field right now is verbatim "if it's not on, turn it on" and nothing else, heh. I'll take a look at making it a little more intelligent, but I can't really promise anything.
Ask LazyWizard :D

As for front shields on cargo ships, I don't think I'll be changing those. What you get for abandoning shield technology in favor of putting giant engines on the backs of ships, etc etc. Of course, if its bothering you on your ships, I think there's a hull mod for that...  ;)
I was thinking more along the lines of ditching the shield altogether, myself, so they don't try to turn to take hits on the shield when chased.

Well, you'll have to trust me. It's a good ship.
Ok :D

P.S. It won't load with the latest SHI 0.4.2
P.P.S. Or the 0.4.1b that worked before.
Code
-------------------------------

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1 : data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1
---- Debugging information ----
message             : data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/respawnLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/JumpPoint/destinations/com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination/destination/orbit/starPoint/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData[2]/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry[2]/list/CampaignFleet[16]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/onCompletion
line number         : 62243
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[4]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[5]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignOrbitalStation
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.JumpPoint
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromSystemLocationOrbit
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.void
version             : null

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:24:53 AM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Kadur Theocracy v1.1.2 (new version 9/21/2013)
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2013, 03:58:36 AM »

I'm getting
3123 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [martyrdrones] not found in ship_systems.csv
By the looks of things you added a prefix to all your ship system names but didn't update some of the ship entries maybe?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2013, 04:03:21 AM »

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1 : data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint$1
<etc.>

I've never seen that log type before, is that from the starsector.log or something else that I don't know about?
Also, did you try deleting the folder entirely and re-downloading?

I'm getting
3123 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [martyrdrones] not found in ship_systems.csv
By the looks of things you added a prefix to all your ship system names but didn't update some of the ship entries maybe?

This is also really weird, as I thought I fixed that before I released it the first time. I would recommend you also try deleting the mod and re-downloading it...  :-\

These crashes have me totally confused, guys. This is happening before you even see the main menu, right? Everything is working on my end, which is why I'm so lost.

also, Taverius, off topic but that plane looks kickin' rad, wow!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:09:10 AM by Vayra »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2013, 04:25:40 AM »

<etc.>

I've never seen that log type before, is that from the starsector.log or something else that I don't know about?
Also, did you try deleting the folder entirely and re-downloading?
Delete the closing brace on line 124 of SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java. It completely throws off the rest of the file.

I should also note that said mistake is also present in the source file from MShadowy's own mod, on line 130.

Disregard due to epic derp-ing on my part.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:43:35 AM by TimeDiver »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2013, 04:38:23 AM »

Delete the closing brace on line 124 of SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java. It completely throws off the rest of the file.

I should also note that said mistake is also present in the source file from MShadowy's own mod, on line 130.
Nope. Those brackets ain't extra. I checked and sure enough, if you take them off it fails to compile them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:42:58 AM by Taverius »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »

Nope. Those brackets ain't extra. I checked and sure enough, if you take them off it fails to compile them.

Edit: It looks like SHI 0.4.2 broke save compatibility, so its not you! Good news/Bad news.
...yep, time for me to sleep now, as I apparently forget to verify, then post.

*headdesk*

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2013, 04:55:33 AM »

These crashes have me totally confused, guys. This is happening before you even see the main menu, right? Everything is working on my end, which is why I'm so lost.
No, this is on loading a saved game. Some further testing - I started before 'Coffee just kicked in yo' time - suggests SHI 0.4.2 broke save compat.

also, Taverius, off topic but that plane looks kickin' rad, wow!
Thanks. The texturer for that engine and main mod author is now an employee of the developers of the game :)

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:16 AM »

I'm getting

This is also really weird, as I thought I fixed that before I released it the first time. I would recommend you also try deleting the mod and re-downloading it...  :-\
Ah, that worked. Sorry!

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »

Just updated this mod today. But I get this error now:

Code
[Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [null] not found for faction [regime]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [null] not found for faction [regime]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.vayraDefenseSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(vayraDefenseSpawnPoint.java:37)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Code
at data.scripts.world.vayraDefenseSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(vayraDefenseSpawnPoint.java:37)

Seems to indicate this mod as the culprite.

Looked at the regime.faction file, but I can't find the error (though I pretty much have no idea what I'm looking for :P)

EDIT: started a new game again and I haven't come across the crash again, Odd.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:34:24 PM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »

Ok, quick pilot skill transplant into a new game and back up and running.

Still no empty stations in the Kadur systems, I see :(

On the other hand, working tug! nice new frigate! enemies! new system!

From some quick playtesting I would drop the speed on the Camel to 170-180. A Lasher is 130, right now its fast like a Hound at 200.

Edit: Hmm, I just noticed the Scirocco has the same base speed as the tarsus but no burn drive ... I don't think that's a nice tradeoff for 50 cargo space, on top of not having an omni shield.

Edit2: 8 fuel/LY for the Dolphin? What's the rationale here, why would I ever pick it over the Ox? Fuel usage is the main downside of Tugs, and you made it 60% worse? :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:56:16 PM by Taverius »

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

Mirage is lovely!

Found this texture seam on Kadur's sun though: http://puu.sh/4wG1J.jpg

Have you considered making the corvettes have a logistics profile more like frigates and less like fighters? Right now, a single wing of corvettes has about 12 hulls - which is huge for something almost the size of a frigate - but it takes a day to replace each of those, for a pretty cheap supplies cost.

If you set the CR per ship deployed to about 12%, but upped the repairs-per-day to also about 12%, then the supplies per deployment would stay at 2 per launched corvette, but the number of hulls max would be reduced to about 6-8 (8 only if you have elite crew).

I think that would suit them better, they'd fit more into the tiny frigate role rather than superheavy fighter role.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:02:13 PM by Darloth »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2013, 07:32:31 PM »

Just updated this mod today. But I get this error now:

<snip>

Code

Seems to indicate this mod as the culprite.

Looked at the regime.faction file, but I can't find the error (though I pretty much have no idea what I'm looking for :P)

EDIT: started a new game again and I haven't come across the crash again, Odd.

This one is indeed very strange... The only thing I can come up with is that it tried to create a "null" fleet but I'm not sure how that could ever happen. :-X

Glad it went away, though.

Ok, quick pilot skill transplant into a new game and back up and running.

Still no empty stations in the Kadur systems, I see :(

On the other hand, working tug! nice new frigate! enemies! new system!

From some quick playtesting I would drop the speed on the Camel to 170-180. A Lasher is 130, right now its fast like a Hound at 200.

Edit: Hmm, I just noticed the Scirocco has the same base speed as the tarsus but no burn drive ... I don't think that's a nice tradeoff for 50 cargo space, on top of not having an omni shield.

Edit2: 8 fuel/LY for the Dolphin? What's the rationale here, why would I ever pick it over the Ox? Fuel usage is the main downside of Tugs, and you made it 60% worse? :D

TBH I might keep it with no empty stations in the Kadur system -- anything there would have been claimed by the Theocracy immediately, or broken down for scrap and tech. It's a very small system, and their home, etc. Without an economy, the only real reason to go there is to wage war on the Kadur, and I like the idea of needing to return to a different system to resupply/sell loot/perform drydock repairs in that case.

I think you're right about the Camel, I'll probably drop it to 180. I want it to be fast enough to still catch a Hound if you put an injector on it, etc., but 180 would still be fine for that.

Currently, the Kadur cargo/tanker ships are really just sub-par versions of the vanilla ones except with the added ability to mount a pile of VLRMSs. I feel like that's a pretty fair trade-off, but I have plans to implement civilian ships in the future that more closely follow the Kadur design philosophy and those will definitely be faster/better armored/etc.

As for the Dolphin, I'm afraid that's working as intended. Kadur engines at work. :P As for why you would ever pick it over an Ox... Well, can the Ox ram cruisers and expect to survive? ;D It also has a much greater chance of surviving if you're forced into a retreat.
Also, remember, you only burn fuel in hyperspace while the tugs still speed travel everywhere.

Mirage is lovely!

Found this texture seam on Kadur's sun though: http://puu.sh/4wG1J.jpg

Have you considered making the corvettes have a logistics profile more like frigates and less like fighters? Right now, a single wing of corvettes has about 12 hulls - which is huge for something almost the size of a frigate - but it takes a day to replace each of those, for a pretty cheap supplies cost.

If you set the CR per ship deployed to about 12%, but upped the repairs-per-day to also about 12%, then the supplies per deployment would stay at 2 per launched corvette, but the number of hulls max would be reduced to about 6-8 (8 only if you have elite crew).

I think that would suit them better, they'd fit more into the tiny frigate role rather than superheavy fighter role.
Thank you!

And ooh, that's sort of a nasty image bug. I'm not much of an image editor, do you think it would work if I just blurred the left and right extremes of the texture file?  :-\

As for the corvettes, that's a really good idea! Thank you, I'll implement that right away.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45