Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 694966 times)

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector v.2.4.1 (Dev build available 2019-06-27)
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: FIX_ADMINS_ENABLED
   at data.scripts.campaign.VayraAdminAssigner.advance(VayraAdminAssigner.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How do I fix this

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »

that script doesn't exist anymore

delete your Vayra's Sector mod folder and redownload
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2019, 11:57:59 PM »

Sadly that didn't work, but I just used the previous version I had downloaded to continue me save.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »

Just had this happen, on version 2.4.1

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.spawnFleet(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:455)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.<init>(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:127)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.createEvent(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:318)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.advance(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:298)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)

gun&drink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2019, 07:11:44 AM »

I just had the FIX_ADMINS_ENABLED crash when changing to 2.4.1:
87270 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: FIX_ADMINS_ENABLED
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
87397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
87397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]

besides that, from the version before that I'm liking the parts of the mod I'm getting to see, but I think I'm doing something wrong due to how rarely some of the stuff shows up:
  • is it intended that I cannot raid or destroy the kadur and l'Interstellaire stations? is there a way currently to obtain blueprints?
  • what's the best way to obtain faction ships and weapons currently? I have only gotten them so far from salvaging

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2019, 07:44:42 AM »

I just had the FIX_ADMINS_ENABLED crash when changing to 2.4.1:
87270 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: FIX_ADMINS_ENABLED
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
87397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
87397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]

besides that, from the version before that I'm liking the parts of the mod I'm getting to see, but I think I'm doing something wrong due to how rarely some of the stuff shows up:
  • is it intended that I cannot raid or destroy the kadur and l'Interstellaire stations? is there a way currently to obtain blueprints?
  • what's the best way to obtain faction ships and weapons currently? I have only gotten them so far from salvaging

I fixed this by deleting the event entry for VayraAdminAssigner (3 lines) in the save file with notepad++
This however reveals another incompatibility between 2.4.1 as a public variable has been made private in KadurBlueprintStocker, simply adding the entry for <stocked z="######"></stocked> to it will resolve that issue.

Spoiler
<data.scripts.campaign.VayraAdminAssigner z="1189478">
<timer z="1189479" i="2.0" a="3.0" c="2.5695434" e="2.4979413" ie="false"></timer>
</data.scripts.campaign.VayraAdminAssigner>

DELETED 3 LINES
[close]

Spoiler
<data.scripts.campaign.KadurBlueprintStocker z="1189536">
<timer z="1189537" i="2.0" a="3.0" c="2.5530486" e="1.888107" ie="false"></timer>
</data.scripts.campaign.KadurBlueprintStocker>

CHANGED TO

<data.scripts.campaign.KadurBlueprintStocker z="1189536">
<stocked z="1189999"></stocked>
<timer z="1189537" i="2.0" a="3.0" c="2.5530486" e="1.888107" ie="false"></timer>
</data.scripts.campaign.KadurBlueprintStocker>
[close]

Disclaimer, the numbers above will not match yours, you will have to make sure the z index you use for 'stocked' is not already used, and understand i am merely a dabbler of files with no experience or deeper understanding of what the scripts are actually doing, but this fix has worked for me on two save games and multiple hours of gameplay post-edits.

These edits are not guaranteed to fix your game and are in no way sponsored by Vayra. And are likely the work of dirty pirates privateers who ultimately want your supplies continued contributions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:53:08 AM by KailaRaZhu »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2019, 01:38:32 PM »

Oh, I see -- you're trying to port a previous save over. I have a warning in the OP that updating the mod will generally break saves, and I can't condone this course of action, but I'm glad you figured out a way to make it work for you!  :D

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2019, 03:42:18 AM »

Oh, I see -- you're trying to port a previous save over. I have a warning in the OP that updating the mod will generally break saves, and I can't condone this course of action, but I'm glad you figured out a way to make it work for you!  :D

Yarr just a bit of save butchering surgery to finish a playthrough with vayra's newest recipe.

While appreciating the fact it says 'Dev Build' should be enough information to abandon hope, ye who update here.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2019, 09:31:45 AM »

It's too bad this mod is such a technical mess.The weapons and hulls added are very nice but this thing either breaks the game's ability to save after a while or it just breaks the save games completely when you update.
    I lost a 20 hour playthrough because the game hangs when I try to save even by using save copy and if I try to update the mod I just get the same "fix admins enabled" crash that another person posted...

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 01, 2019, 09:52:14 AM »

It's too bad this mod is such a technical mess.The weapons and hulls added are very nice but this thing either breaks the game's ability to save after a while or it just breaks the save games completely when you update.
    I lost a 20 hour playthrough because the game hangs when I try to save even by using save copy and if I try to update the mod I just get the same "fix admins enabled" crash that another person posted...

This review is a little harsh, the specific problem listed was limited to a few versions and has since been fixed.

In my previous post I outlined a solution to porting the bloated save files of 2.3.# to 2.4.# for people who want to continue rather than start anew.

If you have trouble following the guidelines pop your save game on mega nz or something and i'll port it for you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:25:02 AM by KailaRaZhu »

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 01, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »

It looks like I've discovered another station duplication bug in the latest version - this time with the procgen entities. Unlike the earlier communist_cloud station issue (which seemed to continuously create new stations during my campaign) this one just potentially creates extra copies at the start of a new campaign. The number of extra copies is based on how many times you've started a new campaign during the current gaming session.

For example, when I started my latest campaign, I actually started a new game twice because I didn't like the first sector that was generated. (I'm using Nexerelin's random sector, which can sometimes spread the starting colonies way beyond the core if the random core constellation it generates doesn't contain enough viable systems...) The end result of my starting a new game twice is that I have two "Blessed Reach" stations in my game. And had I tried a few more new games before getting a sector I liked, then I would have had that many more "Blessed Reach" stations.

I believe the problem is related to the static ENTITY_DATA List in VayraProcgenEntityFramework.java. Because it's static, it only gets cleared/reinitialized when the Starsector application itself is restarted. And because it's a simple List of complex objects (rather than a Map or some other collection with a key), it only appends new copies of the entity entries to the list (rather than updating existing entries) every time a new game is started. Anyway, if my theory is correct, then fixing the problem should just be a matter of either removing the static keyword on ENTITY_DATA or using a Map/HashMap (with the entity id string as a key) instead of a List.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 01, 2019, 10:27:20 PM »

First things first: Update out! Should fix the duplicate bounties. Download from the OP!

It looks like I've discovered another station duplication bug in the latest version - this time with the procgen entities. Unlike the earlier communist_cloud station issue (which seemed to continuously create new stations during my campaign) this one just potentially creates extra copies at the start of a new campaign. The number of extra copies is based on how many times you've started a new campaign during the current gaming session.

For example, when I started my latest campaign, I actually started a new game twice because I didn't like the first sector that was generated. (I'm using Nexerelin's random sector, which can sometimes spread the starting colonies way beyond the core if the random core constellation it generates doesn't contain enough viable systems...) The end result of my starting a new game twice is that I have two "Blessed Reach" stations in my game. And had I tried a few more new games before getting a sector I liked, then I would have had that many more "Blessed Reach" stations.

I believe the problem is related to the static ENTITY_DATA List in VayraProcgenEntityFramework.java. Because it's static, it only gets cleared/reinitialized when the Starsector application itself is restarted. And because it's a simple List of complex objects (rather than a Map or some other collection with a key), it only appends new copies of the entity entries to the list (rather than updating existing entries) every time a new game is started. Anyway, if my theory is correct, then fixing the problem should just be a matter of either removing the static keyword on ENTITY_DATA or using a Map/HashMap (with the entity id string as a key) instead of a List.

God... Damn it! Okay, on to this bug I guess, heh. Seems simple enough -- I really appreciate that you did some of the troubleshooting for me.  ;) When can we expect to see a Morathar mod?

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector (Dev build v.2.4.2 available 2019-07-01)
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2019, 04:06:27 AM »

Getting a crash on a fresh save:

Spoiler
6824627 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Derelict Ship, faction: independent
6825459 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Removed freelance admin from raesvelg, 20 total available
6825531 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - unique bounty interval elapsed, 0 unique bounties active of 3
6825531 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - unique spentBounties was null, adding empty list
6825532 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - unique bounty data list contains: [vayra_caliph_bounty, vayra_test_unique_bounty]
6825534 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel  - picking unique bounty
6825534 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel  - picked unique bounty: vayra_test_unique_bounty
6825535 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel  - some kind of error, aborting
6825536 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
6825548 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Atmospheric_Rise.ogg]
6825943 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.<init>(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:122)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.createEvent(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:355)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.advance(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:292)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
6826048 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
6826048 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
[close]

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2019, 04:12:39 AM »

This review is a little harsh, the specific problem listed was limited to a few versions and has since been fixed.

In my previous post I outlined a solution to porting the bloated save files of 2.3.# to 2.4.# for people who want to continue rather than start anew.

If you have trouble following the guidelines pop your save game on mega nz or something and i'll port it for you.

You're right. It is a little harsh. I was rather frustrated due to losing all that work. I did follow the guidelines exactly and I'm not exactly a novice when it comes to editing files that way but in my case it did not work.

Appreciate the offer, but I've already deleted everything and started a fresh game without this mod.

Like I said, most of it is great but I'll wait until it's more stable.

Ravenholme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »

You're right. It is a little harsh. I was rather frustrated due to losing all that work. I did follow the guidelines exactly and I'm not exactly a novice when it comes to editing files that way but in my case it did not work.

Appreciate the offer, but I've already deleted everything and started a fresh game without this mod.

Like I said, most of it is great but I'll wait until it's more stable.

Aye, the warnings about the dev versions are there for a reason. Never start a serious game when running a dev version of something because ultimately you are beta testing it in the truest sense of the term.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45