Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 695012 times)

limash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Kadur Theocracy v1.0.2
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 12:27:50 AM »

yea ive tried redowloading and installing it like 3 times and that log just repeats everytime

limash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 12:40:15 AM »

yea ive tried redowloading and installing it like 3 times and that log just repeats everytime

haha ok so apperently i forgot to update my actual game sorry lmao

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 04:44:31 AM »

Version 1.0.3, including integration with the Gedune and Shadowyards Heavy Industries mods, another system, the new Behemoth, some balance tweaks, and more.

..."more" in this case including a new frigate that is not really balanced in any way and proven to be buggy as hell. Why did I include it then, you ask? Because it's just.

So.

Much.

Fun.  :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Kadur Theocracy v1.0.3
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:27 AM »

" Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing."

That said I'm totally going to try that thing out :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:47 AM »

Pfew, you're on a roll here. I hope you keep it up!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Hmmmm... seems like it's having a problem with shadowyards compatibility.  I've tried it with Gedune and it works fine, but at least with the current dev version of SHI it doesn't seem to play nicely.  Perhaps because I moved over to the ModPlugin framework from generators.csv?

Spoiler
Code
21587 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [./saves/save_asdffsdafa_5079167068170304058/descriptor.xml]
47416 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.vayraSHIInterface.initConvoys(vayraSHIInterface.java:18)
at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.initVayra(VayraModPlugin.java:28)
at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onNewGame(VayraModPlugin.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.int.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.T.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.float.if$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The error it gives on starting a new game.  These lines:

Code
        at data.scripts.world.vayraSHIInterface.initConvoys(vayraSHIInterface.java:18)
at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.initVayra(VayraModPlugin.java:28)
at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onNewGame(VayraModPlugin.java:52)

seem to suggest that the mod can't get Impresario Shipyards for whatever reason.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

This mod is looking very nice! I'll be sure to give it a spin sometime.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »

Would that work as a starting ship? It seems like it would be sorta hilarious (or sorta difficult) to do that. :)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »

Hmmmm... seems like it's having a problem with shadowyards compatibility.  I've tried it with Gedune and it works fine, but at least with the current dev version of SHI it doesn't seem to play nicely.  Perhaps because I moved over to the ModPlugin framework from generators.csv?

Bolded part is probably why, if you have a different version of SHI installed (which you, as its creator, no doubt do :P ) then there's no guarantee that it'll match up as I made it with the version currently posted in your thread. If you want to PM me a link to the current dev version, I'll try to ensure it's fixed for whenever you release the next update to SHI!

edit: looking at my SHIInterface file it should only give you that bug if you changed the name of Anar or Impresario Shipyards... Mind, my approach to javascript is pretty much rolling my face across the keyboard and offering a virgin sacrifice to stackoverflow.com, so I might not be thinking of everything. If you did that then just let me know what you changed it/them to and I'll throw in a few more lines of code to make the next version of the Kadur compatible with the new SHI as well as the old -- if you didn't change either of the names, then I have no idea. :v

Changes that'll for sure be in the next thing I upload will include that... and putting a built-in tow cable on the tug, rather than just having one in the default variant. (D'oh! Ones you buy will still be perfectly effective as rams, though.)

As for starting with one, they're sort of annoying to hit frigates with as I'm sure you can imagine -- I can personally guarantee they'll kill Buffalos just fine though.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:22:47 PM by Vayra »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

Not tried it out yet but I have a suggestion if you'd want to use one as a starting ship. You could add another sub-faction of rebels that use the same ships, and that'd give the player some opposition that is level with them on a ship class/fire power level.

Sleepy morning suggestion, so don't take me overly seriously... Today's gonna be a sleepy day in general T_T going out to some garden to film people being paranoid. Hah.

Edit: DUH!! I AM tired. For some reason I was thinking along the lines of the player being a part of the Kadur. Still... Maybe that would be possible! Exerlin style.

Gah... Ignore me... I think I'm rambling.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:34:18 PM by Hyph_K31 »

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 11:55:37 PM »

I was considering trying to add an option to start as a part of the Kadur... I know MShadowy has a character creation plugin, but his overwrites the whole file... I wonder if I can extend it somehow, without causing a mod conflict or overwriting?  ???

I'm also noticing that my fleets carry far too many supplies and far too much fuel, which is causing stations to have big inventories of those and not enough guns. Heh. Something to fix for the next release, I guess.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »

Just started with this, but some things I've noticed after a few hours:

The bad.
  • The Kadur systems aren't very 'livable'. There's no empty stations to store your stuff in!
  • The total supply upkeep of the ships is very high. They have the same base cost as low/mid tech ships, but with proportionally much higher crew counts, and every crew takes up supplies. On top of that the inefficient shields and high armor rating means lots of repairs, low-tech style. The Falchion especially, at 120 crew ... that's twice an Enforcer! A Falcon Cruiser has 100! The one saving grace from a campaign supply standpoint is the low CR hit on deploy, letting you fight again and again.
  • There's no 'general purpose' frigate. Everything is either a scout, civilian/fleet support, or can only carry one damage type. This is fine as a concept, but painful for players who aren't grandmaster pilots like the rest of us. Need something analogous to a Lasher/Wolf that a played wanting an easier (as in piloting skill) faction game start can use.

The good.
  • Extremely interesting faction combat premise. I wasn't too sure about it but in practice the road you've chosen with the fast long range, low acceleration, bad shields high armor, very little PD ... its lots of fun to play.
  • The hulls look very good, although the ones that are kitbashes of low-tech rather than mid-tech stand out a little, even with the recolour.

Other notes.
  • The description of the PD missile weapons is misleading. They move slowly, are unguided, and frankly I haven't seen them take down a single missile, let alone hit anything faster than a bomber. I also kind of wish it would ONLY shoot them at missiles and fighters, instead of wasting the limited ammo on frigates and destroyers, but I guess that's more down to AI.

I'm really impressed so far, will keep playing. :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 01:19:07 AM »

Just started with this, but some things I've noticed after a few hours:

The bad.
  • The Kadur systems aren't very 'livable'. There's no empty stations to store your stuff in!
  • The total supply upkeep of the ships is very high. They have the same base cost as low/mid tech ships, but with proportionally much higher crew counts, and every crew takes up supplies. On top of that the inefficient shields and high armor rating means lots of repairs, low-tech style. The Falchion especially, at 120 crew ... that's twice an Enforcer! A Falcon Cruiser has 100! The one saving grace from a campaign supply standpoint is the low CR hit on deploy, letting you fight again and again.
  • There's no 'general purpose' frigate. Everything is either a scout, civilian/fleet support, or can only carry one damage type. This is fine as a concept, but painful for players who aren't grandmaster pilots like the rest of us. Need something analogous to a Lasher/Wolf that a played wanting an easier (as in piloting skill) faction game start can use.

The good.
  • Extremely interesting faction combat premise. I wasn't too sure about it but in practice the road you've chosen with the fast long range, low acceleration, bad shields high armor, very little PD ... its lots of fun to play.
  • The hulls look very good, although the ones that are kitbashes of low-tech rather than mid-tech stand out a little, even with the recolour.

Other notes.
  • The description of the PD missile weapons is misleading. They move slowly, are unguided, and frankly I haven't seen them take down a single missile, let alone hit anything faster than a bomber. I also kind of wish it would ONLY shoot them at missiles and fighters, instead of wasting the limited ammo on frigates and destroyers, but I guess that's more down to AI.

I'm really impressed so far, will keep playing. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I really love getting detailed responses like that.

I'll consider adding an abandoned station, I personally never use them so it totally slipped my mind. Wonder if there's a way I could make it unique or more interesting somehow...
I'll also consider lowering the crew requirements somewhat, but they are intended to be quite high overall -- Kadur ships are constructed from ship components built from existing partial/corrupted blueprints (hence the kitbashed sprites) and lack important automation that even low-tech ships possess.

The lack of a general purpose frigate is something that I've definitely noted. I kind of like it, to be completely honest, because it means frigates are relegated to more of a support role and performs a specific job in a fleet. I will probably add one whenever inspiration strikes and I can get the sprite right, though. Especially when I get around to adding a way to start the game as a Kadur pilot, as forcing a new player into a Hyena would just be rude. :P

The PD missiles do work, just poorly... their engines don't always ignite, and I'm not sure why. I think it may occur if they are launched facing too far away from their targets. If they seem unguided, that's because they only carry enough fuel to get them oriented towards the last known position of their target and accelerate up to speed -- they work best if their targets are flying directly towards you. Alex added a PD_ONLY flag for weapons in the last patch though, so I think I will implement that on at least Slings -- I know from experience that the larger ABM systems shred anything without enough armor or shields and I wouldn't want to stop the AI from using them for that purpose. We'll see what I can do about the tracking, too. Slings in particular have an extremely short flight time and lower launch velocity.

edit: I've buffed the Sling ABM pod in my dev version significantly (and Partisans just a little) and they don't seem horribly unbalanced, so you should see improvement there immediately when I upload it. I'm thinking I might play around with the systems/fleets/spawners a little tomorrow and try to make an all-purpose heavy combat frigate and an empty station like you suggested, so the new version including the changes will be up once I'm done that either tomorrow or the day after. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:30:12 AM by Vayra »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 01:46:49 AM »

I'll consider adding an abandoned station, I personally never use them so it totally slipped my mind. Wonder if there's a way I could make it unique or more interesting somehow...
You can at the very least rename it, like MShadowy did for the one in the SHI system. Its an abandoned solar collection plant. Anything more requires scripting, I guess.

I'll also consider lowering the crew requirements somewhat, but they are intended to be quite high overall -- Kadur ships are constructed from ship components built from existing partial/corrupted blueprints (hence the kitbashed sprites) and lack important automation that even low-tech ships possess.
Higher is fine, but the armour defence strategy already yields higher total upkeep costs than the pure CR regain of shield-heavy ships, so you have to consider the monetary cost of keeping the ship running too - supplies aren't exactly cheap, and its easy for less-skilled players to get into a downward cost spiral where they can't get enough money to supply a ship to get money with using the vanilla ships, and will likely stay that way until we get industry and an economy.

The lack of a general purpose frigate is something that I've definitely noted. I kind of like it, to be completely honest, because it means frigates are relegated to more of a support role and performs a specific job in a fleet. I will probably add one whenever inspiration strikes and I can get the sprite right, though. Especially when I get around to adding a way to start the game as a Kadur pilot, as forcing a new player into a Hyena would just be rude. :P
I think its very interesting from a fleet composition POV, but something objectively weaker that can be used solo by the starter player is necessary, yeah :)

Plus you can also use it a screen frigate on a PD-less destroyer, which is nice :D

edit: I've buffed the Sling ABM pod in my dev version significantly (and Partisans just a little) and they don't seem horribly unbalanced, so you should see improvement there immediately when I upload it. I'm thinking I might play around with the systems/fleets/spawners a little tomorrow and try to make an all-purpose heavy combat frigate and an empty station like you suggested, so the new version including the changes will be up once I'm done that either tomorrow or the day after. :)
Looking forward to it :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 01:53:16 AM »

J
Can't say I agree with that. A Hyena with a Heavy Railgun or Coilgun + Javelin in the back is really incredibly good at everything that ISN'T supply storage.
Frankly it's arguably easier to use than a Wolf or Lasher because all you have to do is DODGE, autofire will do the rest.. I will say that their total dps is a tad low when compared to the Lasher or Wolf but it doesn't really stop them being effective.... it wouldn't be any worse than a Hound.

With regards to the PD missiles.. You may want to look at the ammo capacity of the Hoplite given that it has HALF the total damage capacity of the Partisan...
I understand that the increased damage per missile has a fairly significant effect vs armor but in reality it ends up just being a terrible choice for a large slot.

Also the Medium versions of the Railgun/Coilgun are... less preferable in most cases for the same reason.
A Heavy Coilgun has 120,000 damage capacity ( Which is HUGE by the way ) but a Twinned Heavy Railgun only has 55,000.
Not only that but they're less flux->damage efficient, take up more OP and have the identical range.
Few if any ships are so desperate for DPS per slot that they wouldn't rather have say.. more hull mods or vents.

An Enforcer for example with 5 Heavy Railguns on it generates 750 flux/second for 750 kinetic dps at a cost of 45 OP
An Enforcer with 5 TWINNED Heavy Railguns generates 1365 flux/second for 1250 kinetic dps at a cost of 60 OP
Ontop of the aforementioned total damage penalty!
That's 15 more vents or one big hull mod like Unstable Injector and quite frankly the extra DPS per slot just isn't justified, especially for such long range weapons which encourage longer, safer, drawn out fights ( Where total damage is really important!)

Keep in mind this is all for the Enforcer which may be the most slot starved ship in the entire game.

Not entirely sure how I feel about the Capital ship supply consumption... Hard to say given the current state of capital ships, they're definitely the hardest of any capital ship I've ever seen (mods included) to use as a player just because of the logistics involved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45