Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1  (Read 41295 times)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2024, 06:18:06 AM »

So I'm completely fresh to the game, got it last night (and played well into the morning), is there a way to disable ArmA's mechsuits in the main mod? I love the Pilotcom and the ability to replace them with vanilla fighters, but the Gundams flying around sounds like a bad time very fast if they end up on the enemy side, aside from just looking kinda goofy relatively.
This might be a better question to ask on the main mod page, if so, I'll go over there.

Oh and, Google drive borked.

To actually answer your question, there is no actual quick and easy way to stop mechs from spawning. Best you can do is to either delete the mechs and pray it doesn't break anything (it likely will), or simply replace the mechs with other fighters of your choice (you'll need to replace the .ship, their entries in ships_data.csv, the .variants and of course the sprites themselves, then change the IDs to match the mech's).

It can be a bit time consuming if you're not used to edit mod files, but it's fairly easy to do so.

Ah and btw, the author of this mod left. Don't think he gave any explanation, but he apparently took down all the links leading to his mods. The original Arma Armatura is still around though!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 06:19:51 AM by A_Random_Dude »

Simbach Vazo

• Ensign
  • Professional Goober
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2024, 04:23:56 PM »

To actually answer your question, there is no actual quick and easy way to stop mechs from spawning. Best you can do is to either delete the mechs and pray it doesn't break anything (it likely will), or simply replace the mechs with other fighters of your choice (you'll need to replace the .ship, their entries in ships_data.csv, the .variants and of course the sprites themselves, then change the IDs to match the mech's).

It can be a bit time consuming if you're not used to edit mod files, but it's fairly easy to do so.

Ah and btw, the author of this mod left. Don't think he gave any explanation, but he apparently took down all the links leading to his mods. The original Arma Armatura is still around though!
They've grown on me, kindof. Mainly just the fighter Cataphracts, the actual piloted ones I avoid.
G r o o v y
Pages: 1 [2]