Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installer torrent?  (Read 3035 times)

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
Installer torrent?
« on: September 13, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »

The download links don't work/are very slow, any chance for a torrent of the installer? I would seed all the time :D

EDIT: Meh i guess it will download eventually >_>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:10:23 PM by frag971 »
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Installer torrent?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »

Hm. Just tried downloading one of the non-alternate ones and am getting >2mb/second. Are you unable to get to those? Seems like a few people always have trouble with S3 (which is where they're hosted), which is why the alternate links are there (those are hosted on the same server as the forum, so wouldn't really do as the primary source.) For those I'm also getting around 2mb/second... not sure why it's so slow for you. How slow is it?

As far as a torrent, I'm not really up on that - apologies! And, honestly, there are already enough places to update every time there's a new release/hotfix/etc, and it seems like it'd be more difficult to manage that way, too.

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »

Ah, sadly no, i was getting under 100 kbps speeds, and one of the links doesnt even work. im in western europe. Maybe its my connection but every else seems fine, i've just downlaoded something else with 6mbps
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »

Ack! Just double-checked and all 12 links (6 apiece on the preorder page and the blog post) seem to work fine here. Must be S3 acting up. I guess downloading from across the pond is going to be slower; wonder what speeds others in Europe are getting?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »

Ack! Just double-checked and all 12 links (6 apiece on the preorder page and the blog post) seem to work fine here. Must be S3 acting up. I guess downloading from across the pond is going to be slower; wonder what speeds others in Europe are getting?
Serbia here :D  RC1 dl under 2mins, my dl is 1.5Mb/s  and RC4 took a bit longer but less than 5 min.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

JH1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »

Connection from Finland works fine also.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »

I'm getting a whopping 32kb/s from south east Australia... My net connection is 100/5 down/up T_T