Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whelp, that's me leaving then.  (Read 6918 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Whelp, that's me leaving then.
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »

I never actually expected this time to come around (and certainly not for me, but alas, here it is.

Simply and shortly put, i'm leaving this community. As for the reasons why, well, it got... Docile? Boring? Lifeless? Honestly, i can't answer that, but it just doesn't have the same amount of attraction it used to have before, to me, and that's... Why i am leaving.

So yeah. Goodbye, aufweidershen, and all that. It's been a fun ride, but this is the end station for me.

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Whelp, that's me leaving then.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »

Well, would you rather have "The longest and most destructive party ever"?
They looted, they raided, they held whole cities for ransom for fresh supplies of cheese crackers, avocado dip, spare ribs and wine and spirits, which would now get piped aboard from floating tankers.

Because we might start one. It would be bad if you missed it. So you should check the forums from time to time, just in case.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Champion_Thomas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

So what is happening to Your mods-in-progress then?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »

Well, would you rather have "The longest and most destructive party ever"?
They looted, they raided, they held whole cities for ransom for fresh supplies of cheese crackers, avocado dip, spare ribs and wine and spirits, which would now get piped aboard from floating tankers.

Because we might start one. It would be bad if you missed it. So you should check the forums from time to time, just in case.

Interesting proposal, but i'll have to skip on it. As tempting as it sounds, this leave is of a rather permanent nature.

So what is happening to Your mods-in-progress then?

Most get cancelled, future ones included. I'll hand control of caelus to someone else most likely, or cancel that alltogether too.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »

Sad, well i will see you when .6 comes out ;)

Also

80 days, 16 hours and 27 minutes. i guess that would burn anyone out.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:56:17 AM by sdmike1 »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »

Well, we are all sorry to see you go.

Personally I think things are going to pick up dramatically when .6 comes out, but we'll see. Until then, cheers.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »

So you're not going to visit the forums ever again or even play the game when it's finished? Or are you just saying you're underground until this gets more exciting and not spending your time on mods anymore? I seriously don't get why you think you need to leave forever.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Knight4d7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 01:02:48 PM »

You shall be missed cap, hope you find fun with what ever you do out there.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »

You know, you can stay part of the community without spending a great deal of time here. If you spent less time here, the things that do happen on the forum feel much more condensed and interesting. Any which way, good luck.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 02:12:28 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Regarding why i want to leave forever.... I just don't want to stay around here. Don't get me wrong, i'll play the game and i'll like it, do some hardcore modding into it later, but i just don't want to stay around in here. Nothing wrong with you guys though, really.

So, yeah, jist packing my bags right now. Gonna be missing y'all, but atleast steam exists ;)

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »

Okay. But like Gothars said you don't have to spend all your time here to be a part of the community. I used to do crappy stories and actually make suggestions and such but now I just read the blog posts.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

Well, this is weird, saying goodbye like that.
Are you a wanted figure and do you need to leave the country? Or are you depressed? *scratches head* ???
Saying 'See y'all later' is understandable, but you're posting that you're leaving without a good reason and in my opinion you seem very cryptic about it.

Well, I hope it's nothing bad. May it fare you well.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »

Okay. But like Gothars said you don't have to spend all your time here to be a part of the community. I used to do crappy stories and actually make suggestions and such but now I just read the blog posts.

True, and TBH, there has to be something wrong with us, because you left the skype chat as well saying you couldn't "take it anymore", have we done something? (don't discuss it here) Me myself i'm here like, once a week or 2, i've had the game and played it too much for too long to enjoy it as much as you do when you first get a game, the curse of being a tester since 0.0, you get tired of them eventually, its the way it is, doesn't mean you have to leave completely, cut everybody off and just cancel all your mods?

Anyway, see you around, because i know you, and you will be back. ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »

(I left the skype chat for totally different reasons; please don't bring that up here)

As for the forums, a mix of me not wanting to be here (just naturally being bored and kinda burning myself out), having less and less time due to college, and simply being.... Well bored, i decided to not post here anymore. I might return at a few points in time, but don't hope for it. I will though, keep playing the game. :)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »

Well, I hope to see you around again Cap!

Best wishes for the future.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"
Pages: [1] 2