Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Citizen Hangar Module Screenshots  (Read 7146 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Star Citizen Hangar Module Screenshots
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:38 AM »

I just... wow.
http://imgur.com/a/x4zsk#0
Unoptimized. Basic graphical presets with no advanced options. I run maxed at 1080p for about 30FPS minimum up to about 60 on my 7970.
But this game... it's... so gorgeous. Even in the dingy, dimly lit discount hangar the level of detail on everything is just stunning. Sitting in my cockpit and looking around feels great, now just need to wait for December to actually dogfight with my 325A and Aurora LX.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:33 AM »

Lookup 1080p youtube videos of people with the deluxe hangar and the constellation. its so beautiful.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 03:35:21 AM »

Lookup 1080p youtube videos of people with the deluxe hangar and the constellation. its so beautiful.
Yeah, Cappy showed me his on Skype. It's utterly gorgeous, made me want to buy one to add to my collection. It's a bit poorly designed on the interior though, the P52 Merlin occupies toe sole way of getting cargo into the (sizable!) bay, and it would be tough to unload the Merlin in space and then reload it.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 03:45:55 AM »

Looks badass
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:12:51 AM »

Updated with my new ship, the Anvil Aerospace F7C Hornet and the Business Hangar.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »

Neat.  The bloom's a bit overdone, but it looks nice otherwise and the use of SSAO is quite nice. 

I must say, I'm fairly ambivalent about this title, and have sat out for now.  Chris Roberts has a history of trying to over-reach and is addicted to complexity for complexity's sake, and in the case of Freelancer, the game only got done because other people took over and finished it (after it nearly got cancelled for the second or third time because it had gone over budget). 

A lot of the design decisions are immensely puzzling.

For example, the idea that each gun must have a very specific niche is a bit of a problem, because it means that we're going to have optimal designs very quickly and it'll be pretty boring.  Should have learned from Freelancer's modding community, where at least a couple of mods got the problems of broad balance yet different effects ironed out.

The description of the Campaign is especially troubling; in a word, it's boring.  Been there, done that, get a new storyline.  Whoever's in charge of that should be put in charge of something else.

I'm also pretty worried about the modding for the engine; from what's been described thus far, trying to build a working ship for this game (presuming that the barriers to entry for merely importing content aren't ridiculous, like, say, requiring models to be exported via the 3DS pipeline only) is still going to be very difficult to do.  Building ships that are functional, because of the overly-complex thruster system, sounds more painful than fun.  However, we'll just have to see how clean their thruster-control system is and how much fudge-factor room there is.

Anyhow, I am keeping an eye on the title but I'm more excited about what's happening here, with a much lower budget but a lot more attention being put on core game design and less emphasis on gee-whiz visuals.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »

snip
There's no gameplay yet to make any judgements. Dogfighting is out come December, then we can see the fighting aspect. The rest of the game? Late 2014.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »

Can't wait until ~2017 when I can afford a computer that can run it.

Tlee3205

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »

If this runs on the steam box.. then I am getting it!  :) I had been looking at this before so when I saw a thread I just had to pop in and say the pure quantity of the games content looks amazing.