Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Your opinion on the Zorg matters

More fighters
- 11 (16.9%)
More frigates
- 5 (7.7%)
More destroyers
- 5 (7.7%)
More cruisers
- 4 (6.2%)
More capital ships
- 30 (46.2%)
More utility ships (freighters)
- 10 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] ZORG - V18 - (Exerelin + Uomoz Compatible!) - Campaign Mode!  (Read 162516 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] ZORG - V15a - (Exerelin Compatible!) - Campaign Mode!
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »

ZORG V15e

It is finally here! You'll be able to join the Zorg Hive now.

V15e (Exerelin compatible + Campaign mode)

Code
Changelog:
-custom FX for venting, shields, hyperspace jump, etc. (mostly dark green) added
-Assimilation; Dock at the Unimatrix to be assimilated and made to service the Zorg
(purchase the "Zorg Assimilation" item)
-Added the Tactical Drone ship; basically an artillery ship
-Balancing, tweaks and stuff

Zorg Tactical Drone-class Auxiliary

Slower, heavily armoured version of the Drone, armed with a powerful magnetometric charger and equipped with antimatter sprayers.

Zorg Assimilation

"We are here to make your assimilation a pleasant one."

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:59 AM »

"We are here to make your assimilation a pleasant one."

Lies, I tell ya! Lies! I could deal with the facial deconstruction and internal organ removal, but the probing... the probing... *sob*

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2013, 05:11:18 AM »

Awsome video by Chronosfear:
Watch here!
Note: Chronosfear is piloting a BRDY battleship at high level.
Ummm, that BRDY ship/weapons look like really unbalanced. Or your ships are really weak. Anyway something is really wrong here cos that thing (BRDY ship) used only 1/5 of his flux and eat ship big as he is...
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] ZORG - V15e - (Exerelin Compatible!) - Campaign Mode!
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »

I think it is more a case of human player + very high level + smart enough to stay out of weapon range.

If a player takes control of a Conquest at high levels and is pitched against an Onslaught, they'll most certainly win.

Anyway, since that video the Zorg have had a little boost in the hull and armour department.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »

Awsome video by Chronosfear:
Watch here!
Ummm, that BRDY ship/weapons look like really unbalanced. Or your ships are really weak. Anyway something is really wrong here cos that thing (BRDY ship) used only 1/5 of his flux and eat ship big as he is...
That ship´s main purpose was to shred trough armor ( most weapons where HE ) and ZORG only have armor and hull as defense.
If you would take a standard variant it would be way harder ... and a level 1 char i think wouldn´t stand a chance.
Still , if you´re at a high level it doesn´t matter much which ship you´re flying.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:28 AM »

That ship´s main purpose was to shred trough armor ( most weapons where HE ) and ZORG only have armor and hull as defense.
If you would take a standard variant it would be way harder ... and a level 1 char i think wouldn´t stand a chance.
Still , if you´re at a high level it doesn´t matter much which ship you´re flying.
Yeah, ok, all HE, but still 7 sec from star firing till other equivalent ship blowing up and on top of that without taking any dmg at all is like... Wrong :D  It's not like you burn drive so you can vent flux, or burn drive to avoid major dmg or teleport for same reason or dropping down shields so you can continue to fire cos enemy is low on HP so you wanna finish him fast or you take hits on one side and then turning other side to unleash firestorm, or, or anything. All i see is plowing enemy ships like hot knife through butter.
Sorry Eric for OffTopic in your thread.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »

I've added a poll. Everyone can vote for 3 options. Your votes will help me get an idea of the general opinion on the mod.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

Hello Erick.

I have something to say about it :

-The AI suffers from extreme high flux cost weapons ( and then loosing damage ). They could prevent that just by venting when flux gets high even when under threat
 (custom AI possible? that is more into venting )
-If a "Human" takes control , they are pretty OP . Just vent when flux gets high so you don´t lose much damage because hits don´t bother your ship much
-I´ve added "resistant flux conduits" to my ships to increase venting speed and reduce emp dmg ( maybe make this one a standard of ZORG ships , too )

oh and the "inner system jump points" is moving to fast ... sometimes it´s not possible to use that gate.

all of them with the ZORG V15e
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, Chronosfear.

-Intentionally imposed high flux cost, so the AI doesn't spam the more powerful weapons and the player is forced to choose carefully what to fire. HOWEVER, you have a point. Especially the larger Zorg ships could do with better venting. When the AI is overwhelmed by enemies the Handler and Interdictor rays take up too much flux, preventing the use of stronger weapons. I will look into custom AI.

-Human players do make the faction incredibly efficient. To make it more challenging for a player, I may have to increase CR cost for deploying ships, to make the Zorg limited in their ship deployment (since each individual ship is fairly powerful).

-Resistant Flux Conduits are already the standard for most Zorg ships. Just look at their variants and you'll see. Most ships use this hull mod.

-I haven't noticed the Inner System Jump rotating too fast. Then again I've been using very fast fleets to enter the system. I will look at it.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »

Working on V15f:
-Raising deployment CR on Zorg ships by 2 - 5% (except for fighters)
-Adding player portraits
-Attempting to add custom hull mods

I decided that the Inner System jump is just fine at its current speed. Why? It allows smaller and faster fleets to enter the system near the Unimatrix. Larger and often hostile fleets will have to enter the system's fringe.

BoardroomHero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »

The Zorg are a faction that's weakened a fair bit when the AI uses them, as opposed to a faction like Neutrino, which (often) plays a bit more to the AI's strengths. As such, it's kinda' difficult to tell how overpowered/underpowered they are. If you could get the AI to properly rotate to present undamaged portions of the hull, I feel it'd go a long way toward explaining that.

That being said, their early-game choices can be frustrating to fight with other early-game choices. Their ability to stay out of range and bombard with high-power shots leads to very rock-paper-scissor matchups, and chasing them down while they retreat can be an unholy nightmare.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

It is indeed hard to balance strengths and weaknesses between AI and player usage.

As seen in these video's by Chronosfear.

Watch #1 here!

The 'cube' didn't get into effective weapon range. It is heavily armoured but doesn't have the long? range of most Zorg ships. The charges that were fired, for example, 'grazed' the battleship and only dealt around 400 damage. It was a smart move to puncture the armour before moving in. :)

Watch #2 here!
It must be said that I've never tested or balanced the Zorg vs. Kadur's Theocracy. I did test with all the previously compatible Exerelin factions.

and chasing them down while they retreat can be an unholy nightmare.
I upped the Allocator's hull and armour in the last update. I may have to reverse that change so that there's still a fair chance that freighters can be taken out before they flee.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:54:15 PM by Erick Doe »

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

Uhm, Erick, did i miss something? When did you get moderator, congratulation anyway ^^

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »

I have a hunch he assimilated Alex and promoted himself.
We'll have to behave very good on this forum now, to avoid being injected with nanos. :-\

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »

Thanks Thule. I was assimilated by the Moderators a few days ago.  ;)

Zorg Zeta is now covered in a transparent forcefield:
Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24