Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17  (Read 314847 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17
« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2017, 04:14:16 AM »

Hey everyone, I am not dead just... Dealing with a spontaneous case of computer hardware failure.

I will be back when I can be, and thank you for all the feedback for it truly is appreciated.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2017, 04:17:20 AM »

I keep getting a Fatal error while playing Exigency ships in my fleet,

This is the error in particular, it seems to be randomly triggered too.

Spoiler
2915003 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.EngineSlot.getNode()Lcom/fs/starfarer/loading/specs/Y;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.EngineSlot.getNode()Lcom/fs/starfarer/loading/specs/Y;
   at data.scripts.plugins.exigency_TeleportPlugin.advance(exigency_TeleportPlugin.java:432)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.K$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It seems to be when I trigger the teleportation. But beyond that I've no clue how to fix it.
Mod list please?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2017, 04:25:19 AM »

Blackrock Drive Yards
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Diable Avionics
DynaSector
Exigency 7.2
GraphicsLib
Interstellar Imperium
LazyLib
Neutrino Corp
Nexerelin
ShaderLib
Shadowyards
Ship & Weapons Pack
Starsector+
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.1.2
Underworld

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »

Blackrock Drive Yards
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Diable Avionics
DynaSector
Exigency 7.2
GraphicsLib
Interstellar Imperium
LazyLib
Neutrino Corp
Nexerelin
ShaderLib
Shadowyards
Ship & Weapons Pack
Starsector+
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.1.2
Underworld

ShaderLib and GraphicsLib perform the same function, the latter being the newer reincarnation of the two.

Remove ShaderLib basically.

You might want to check the versions of the mods you have against their latest one. I can't tell what's the version your mods are except Exigency and Tiandong.

Other advice: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11462.0

Also, may I interest you in trying out the SCY Nation, Outer Rim Alliance and Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mods? SCY is supported by Dyna and has great strike weapons, while the ORA brings broadsides and beam denial, and DME brings in fast ships of pristine white and strike power.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 31, 2017, 06:04:59 AM »

I actually wasn't aware ShaderLib & GraphicsLib were one in the same actually.

I've already got Dessault downloaded

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 04, 2017, 06:06:38 AM »

Does the faction have a starting planet? Ive tried a few new games and it spawns me on Serratum Barren world. Ive check the galaxy map and cannot find ANY planets which exigency owns...

ive downloaded nearly every faction mod which is compatible with Nexerelin and playing on Corvus mode.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 04, 2017, 06:22:23 AM »

Does the faction have a starting planet? Ive tried a few new games and it spawns me on Serratum Barren world. Ive check the galaxy map and cannot find ANY planets which exigency owns...

ive downloaded nearly every faction mod which is compatible with Nexerelin and playing on Corvus mode.

Exigency does not have any markets in Corvus mode. This is intended.

They can have market in Nex random mode.

Association have Avesta station in hyperspace as their market in Corvus mode.

Exigency can have a market in Corvus mode if they successfully invade a market or the player does it for them while holding their comission.

Note that the open market in Exigency controlled markets are empty. So you'll have to snatch the black market, hunt their fleets, use Prism Freeport and/or snatch stuff from Avesta station.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »

Well, I am back after building a new rig after my last one randomly died! Still setting it up as a work space as that takes a while as my old one was vast and highly configured with many programs.

SainnQ, I am... Surprised at that crash considering how much I test and sometimes outsource testing of my scripts heh. Sometime soon, I would like to send you a test as a fixed .jar file via private message to make sure it is fixed on your rig will that be OK? Least it works for most, but I sincerely apologize that my mod is causing you problems.

Ok so feedback heard, and truthfully it is not issues I was not aware of... The Repulsor scales badly in the campaign due to the *** stupid shot muzzle velocity increase skill as the way it works mechanically and as a simplified explanation is:

The longer the projectile is inside the Repulsor radius the greater the chance is of it being deflected, while there is a bit more to it than that in the end that is mostly it. It is a sub optimal way of doing it and I have been mulling over changing it mechanically for a while. But just like I had to cut some of my plans from the 0.7.2 update of Exi, some things just never did materialize yet. I am thinking about adding a very weak Damper Field like damage resist to the hull while the Repulsor is active, to protect somewhat against beams, EMP arcs, AOE damage, and making shots that bypass the Repulsor less punishing. I am also thinking about rewriting the thing almost entirely to take shot velocity out of the equation for the bypass chance. With a more complex formula that ignores shot speed, and only factors in the distance between the edge of the Repulsor radius and the hull itself along the current path of the shot... It would be complicated, but in short it would make it a bit more reliable but the plan never survives the execution totally intact after all so who knows exactly what the end product will be with something so complex.

Another thing to consider is, overall 0.8 mechanics changes will proxy buff Exi in a various ways. I could explain the reasons of the why and how, but no point really if one keeps track of the patch notes and thinks about it some but one thing I will mention in specific is. Exi is pretty much for the industry play style that will be possible in 0.8 which is interesting to say the least.

But besides some buffs here and there but more importantly mechanics changes, I am working slowly but surely on Exi ship and weapon sprite improvements, a couple of new Exi weapons, new Exi ships, some Association weapons, and replacing all the Association ships entirely as in brand new everything so the mediocrity of their old combat modus operandi will no longer exist in any form. That list of stuff is in no particular order or promised to all appear in one patch.

Here is one replacement Association ship, wip sprite and what you see there is not exactly what will appear in game and don't look if you don't like spoilers.
Spoiler
[close]

But yea, working on lots of stuff and I read, understand, and appreciate all the feedback and while I knew of much of it myself additional angles are always appreciated :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »

IBB of a mission not an indicator. They are insufficiently difficult. "Indra" this the best that it has a mod but is one but. On him it is impossible to kill even the cruiser. And a fight with a destroyer already risk. For example "Sunder" with "High intensity laser" will kill you with 100% guarantee. It will be necessary only to run it is impossible to reach him enough fast before he kills you.

Battlecarrier Irithia - it is the worst carrier from all. There are no arms. There is no survivability. There is no speed. And self-destructive AI. Teleport to itself "Onslaught" which kills this trough in seconds? Of course! It is ingenious!

But only present what with these fractions is done "Kngiht Templars" in battle. It is just blood, guts and meat.

Establishing this of fashion I thought that I will receive one more interesting, evil fraction as the strong opponent (as Templars) and have received enemies of which even to kill is uninteresting, and to play using their ships it is impossible in my conditions.

Just think. What to be at war with such stuff against the opponent having characteristics equal to the player and in such quantities.
Spoiler

[close]
In such conditions it is very well visible what the vessel is capable of. The ships of it mod are only capable to explode.
I'm sorry but why are you complaining about a mod being weak when you have PIRATES putting out fleets like that and you are messing around with ship files and most likely using outdated mods? Hell, I can't even BUILD that Conquest due to how much it has been messed with. And it has to have unspent OP as well as I can not spend all of it and match those stats. Try updating ALL of your mods and using un modded vanilla files. THEN you can b**** about balance and "unpowered" mods
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2017, 03:02:29 AM »

Exigency ships explode too easily people say, the Repulsor is not reliable enough people say (not incorrect assessments).

Spoiler
[close]

I think this change in the next version works out real nice :)

Edit: Thanks Imgur, it ate my gif for some reason. It appears to be sped up by about 30% when I know for a fact my export was running at the correct FPS.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:04:01 AM by MesoTroniK »

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »

Whatever fatal error I kept tripping previously, is not long an issue.

Neither for the most recent build of the mod available, or a dev-build of Exigency.
I'm going to assume it might have something to do with me getting frustrated and just reinstalling SS entirely with a fresh install of 64-bit Java included for any out of memory gremlins.

So, problem solved.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »

I might actually try flying their ships after this one. I never liked the repulsors, but this looks promising
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »

I might actually try flying their ships after this one. I never liked the repulsors, but this looks promising

Honestly just build out Armor tanking skills and your good to go, I rarely even use the Repulsor unless someone's vomiting a swarm of missiles or HiX Ammunitions at me.

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »

hey Meso, are you planning on bringing this up to date for 0.8.1?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »

Yes... But it will take time.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26