Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17  (Read 314793 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Exigency Incorporated v0.7 - Updated!
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

There will eventually be a couple of ships with modular large mounts and around two or three large modular weapons. But for the most part it is not intended for those to be commonplace for them.

Ah do not worry about any new ships being overly "standard" :) What I really meant by that is those ships will have less built in weapons and instead be more modular and have a bit more armor and hull for what you would expect of the faction. Exi needs a frigate that has more than one slot, and a destroyer that is more of a fleet generalist rather than an extremely mobile death dealer. But every ship they ever get will always have dual ship systems and a bag of tricks like you would expect, but really as their roster is completed it needs to be diversified at least some.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2015, 02:48:37 AM »

Just tried this mod for the first time, really cool. Everything feels, looks and functions really crisply. Your corvettes make my small, fast combat ship bits tingle.

Also, it probably sounds a little silly since it's like the most mundane weapon in your mod, but your minigun is so fun, the sound effects and function are spot on, best rotary gun in/for the game.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »

Any chance you can upload as zip, as well as RAR, ffffuuuuuuuhhhh

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:10 AM »

Install 7zip. It opens zip, rar and 7z files.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:06:16 AM by silentstormpt »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »

While Argh may not have posted with the utmost of politeness or logic, I must concur with his conclusion: .zip is, in this case, the superior format.  Using .rar only serves to annoy people who might otherwise have enjoyed the mod.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »

7zip doesn't care what you compress your stuff as though, it just does it anyway and generally is useful.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »

While offering .zip might be nice for those who are software-challenged, it is certainly not the superior file type and those people who are so annoyed and incapable should probably get 7zip. A tiny, free download, that will let them play this free mod.

Never ceases to amaze how ungrateful people are.

GenBOOM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »

I use WinRAR this site has a lot of other free programs as well.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »

So tell me if this is a stupid question, but I assume that the general idea for getting Exigency ships is to go to war with Exigency, capture what you can, thus getting rep with Ahriman, and buying stolen tech? Seeing as Exigency does not have a dock-able station.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2015, 01:28:35 PM »

Alternatively, you can somehow grind up rep with the Ahriman Association since they have Exigency ships and gear.

(It's a lot easier to just fight both, though :v)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2015, 02:08:19 PM »

Like you Austupaio I also am a fan of that minigun. I have a few more weapons planned but having issues coming up with new ideas, if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

The next update of the mod will be distributed as a .zip, I apologize for assuming that archive software was ubiquitous.

HeartofDiscord that is not a stupid question at all, you are completely correct that is the current method for purchasing their tech. There will eventually be Exigency Corporation station(s), but it will take a little while as it requires both new art assets and a significant amount of work to implement as it will be something actually new :)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

Like you Austupaio I also am a fan of that minigun. I have a few more weapons planned but having issues coming up with new ideas, if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

The next update of the mod will be distributed as a .zip, I apologize for assuming that archive software was ubiquitous.

HeartofDiscord that is not a stupid question at all, you are completely correct that is the current method for purchasing their tech. There will eventually be Exigency Corporation station(s), but it will take a little while as it requires both new art assets and a significant amount of work to implement as it will be something actually new :)

Ok so you aren't supposed to be able to go through the blackhole?  :)  I wasn't sure and thought maybe if I was buddy buddy with them I could go through.  haha.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2015, 03:50:57 PM »

Heh, eventuallyâ„¢ that will be possible but will follow more of a quest line sort of setup but is very far down the list of things to do.

More ships, weapons, and a special kind of station setup for ExigencyCorp will happen far before that does :)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »

plz...
no rar files
zip files work just fine
rar files need win rar
and i hate win rar
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »

plz...
no rar files
zip files work just fine
rar files need win rar
and i hate win rar
7zip.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26