Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17  (Read 314765 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [In Dev] Exigency Incorporated
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 05:45:30 PM »

I'm bored, everybody join me in my boredom of balance testing...

Zephos class vs Enforcer class

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »

Lovely.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »

Balancing is such a turd. Whenever I pilot, the ship I use can be almost 4 times better than any AI. Phase ships and phase teleporters can be literally game winners, when piloted right.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »

The issue with my guys that will never be solved, is any faction that uses weak point defense systems underperforms against them. Anything armed with burst pd lasers, flak guns, or mod equivalents performs as intended in battle against Exi. But at the same time if you manage to get almost any ship at face hugging distance the situation deteriorates rapidly for Exi. But when fleet engagements occur, frigates armed with repulsor beams can make that challenging at times
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:55:41 PM by MesoTroniK »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 03:14:51 AM »

It is also part of the fun and challenge. As a player you'll be forced to try out different loadouts and tactics to counter a certain ship / faction. Give your AI controlled ships a good counter loadout and they should perform slightly better.

By the way, I love the way your faction mod is starting to look. Especially the ship sprites. You've come a long way I think.  :)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

Thank you Erick Doe, work is still going but rather slowly. Making my first mod faction so reliant on everything being scripted was not a wise idea. But thanks to the awesome community here who is helping with some of these obscenely complicated scripted weapons and systems, it will come out eventuallyâ„¢...

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »

Just gimme naow!

How about a download link? You shouldn't bother with the long and boring balancing phase of the mod. Just let the dirty job to us... Eh? Eh?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 06:30:36 AM »

True, let the community have a part in balancing, and then decide what to do with that info since doing it yourself will take a very long time, i should know.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »

Unfortunately its more complicated then just giving out the dev version of the mod right now. It really is too soon to do that, they have serious problems at the moment. Huge sweeping balance changes incoming, and massive efforts to optimize the mod in general so its less computer mangling. Not everyone is so fortunate to have a 4.6ghz I7, my computer does not care, but slower rigs just cannot take it.

Right now its still just missions, they lack the hardware to do anything interesting in the campaign (logistic ships). Some art assets do not meet the current quality requirements. The Repulsor field is getting a huge rework so it calculates faster, looks better while doing it, and has more interesting mechanics. Some recent changes to that ship system have made my larger ships blatantly overpowered. Actually most of the scripts are potentially getting reworked somehow, I have a pile of things to do and my script guy is very busy also.

So I ask that all you guys be patient for now. "When the time comes, you'll know..."

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »

I have faith in you, you can do it!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:08:05 AM by MesoTroniK »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »

Why don't you make every shot deflecte . Have a chance of generating flux?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exigency Incorporated 0.58d
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »

Well in all honesty I do not feel this mod is ready for prime time yet. It is not well balanced, it is not well optimized (beware if you have slow computer), some art assets are not up to par, some art assets have not even been implemented yet, some of the scripts are out right broken or not working as intended, they do not have all the ships required for proper campaign implementation. I could still use some scripter to help with this mod and its annoyingly high complexity level (I'm java inept). But here it is at the behest of everyone's favorite modder who deals in fast moving green ships piloted by mutated humans from a vast fallen empire. Enjoy fighting what only appears to be an expeditionary fleet that secured a beach head star system through a black hole. They will not really leave the system, I still need to finish logistic ships and things like that first.

0.58d trailer by Foxer360

Spoiler

Updated, grab the new version from original post.

Code
* = Not fully tested
** = Not finished
*** = Broken

0.58d "Go time"

- Now 0.6.1a compatible.
- Changed the way some scripts work to avoid conflicts with other mods scripts, if they are using deprecated methods that pre date LazyLib.
- Exigency now has their own star system to use as a beachhead in the Sector.
- Added custom campaign song made by Psiyon, that shuffles with the default one.
- Improvements and redesigns to the sprites of all Exigency vessels.
- Improved 'Brain in a jar portrait', added 'Generic Guy' one also.
- Rewrote the descriptions.csv to improve the codex entries for many things.
- Sidecar fighter has been renamed to Kaivor.
- Minor improvements to the Ball Lighting Gun, and Repulsor Beam's beam sprites.
- Shortened the name of the CIGEN Recoilless-Cannon to just CIGEN Cannon to avoid clipping on the in game HUD, retained the long version in the codex description.
- Improved the CIGEN Recoilless-Cannon shell sprite.
- Improved the sprites of all Exigency turret weapons.
- Adjusted sound effects for Exigency weapons and ship systems.
- Added custom Exigency engine sounds.
- Added custom Exigency Hull_Style.
- Added the information to the ship_data.csv for the new game mechanics.
- Added Sidewinder Battery weapon.
- Added Elhiur class Interdiction frigate.
- Added Zephos class destroyer.
- Corrected Repulsor ship system flaws:
Massive optimization to the code so it is less taxing on your computer.
Now when controlled by AI ships it will be activated when under threat from projectiles also, not just missiles and proximity to hostile vessels.
No longer deflects enemy weapons fire vast distances (depends on range from which it was originally fired from).
Deflected projectiles now face the direction they are flying instead of being sideways some of the time.
The trajectory in which weapons fire is deflected is substantially more accurate.
Now works against Mx Array missiles, Hurricane MIRV sub-munitions, and Sabot SRM's.
Now able to "ping pong" weapons fire back and forth between two Repulsor equipped ships.
No longer crashes when hit by scripted weapons without requiring specific workarounds for each one to correct it, and also able to deflect scripted weapons fire now.
- Removed burn drive ship system from the Glynado interceptor.
- Rework of most Exigency ships secondary stats, repair rate, supply usage etc. etc.
- Exigency vessels can no longer mount the Expanded Missile Racks hull mod (thank god).
- Adjusted the collision radius of all Exigency ships to enhance the effectiveness of the Repulsor field ship system. By creating a larger stand off distance from the edge of its effective radius and the hull of the vessel, and having more even coverage on every side.
- Fixed Exigency weapons misalignment issues when mounted on hard points.
- Fixed the quirk of the Heat Seeking Mx Array missile and direct guidance variant types having different sized sprites.
- Fixed the offsets of Mx10 Array weapon so some of the missiles no longer fire from outside the launcher visually (some ships still clip slightly, nothing can be done about that).
- Slight reduction to the range and missile life time of the Mx10 and Mx4 Array weapons.
- Fixed the offsets of the Stinger Rocket weapon so they align with the firing ports better.
- Minor buff to the CIGEN Recoilless-Cannon's damage.
- Reduction to the CIGEN Recoilless-Cannon's ammo regen rate.
- Slightly reduced the rate of fire and ammo regen rate of Big Bang torpedoes.
- Reduced ammo capacity, and increased flux generation of the Vindictive Autogun.
- The Biomechanical Hull mod is now built into Exigency vessels instead of being removable.
- Added Integrated Targeting Unit, and Resistant Flux Conduits hull mods to the stock variants of pre-existing Exigency ships (Yria did not get Integrated Targeting Unit).
- Adjusted Ordinance Points value of all of Exigency built in weapons to try to get their auto resolve effectiveness in line.
- All Exigency built in weapons are no longer invulnerable to weapons fire.
- Changed Stinger Rockets to high explosive damage type, and increased rate of fire.
- Removed unused .wpn file.
- Most Exigency ships had their armor and hit points increased some (still low relative to conventional designs).
- Adjusted deployment point cost of most Exigency ships.
- Reworked Wargames mission to be more interesting.
- Added mission pitting random Exigency Incorporated ships vs a random stock fleet.
- Added mission pitting random stock ships vs a random Exigency Incorporated fleet.
- Probably some things I don't recall.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:27:45 AM by MesoTroniK »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exigency Incorporated .058d
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Glares at the naysayers

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exigency Incorporated 0.58d
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

I'm a perfectionist, now please excuse me while I throw up.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:10:22 AM by MesoTroniK »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26