Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi! (Soon to be doing LP's of SS)  (Read 6886 times)

snooze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! (Soon to be doing LP's of SS)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

if you can get a decent PC cheap get one its worth it for the compatibility and convenience.)

I'm just very tired of my old PC and want to try something "new". Also, I buy it through work so it's going to be cheaper and easier than buying one from a store. I'm getting the latest 27" so hopefully that will run most things I want to play smoothly. I want to mainly use it for video editing anyway.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »

if you can get a decent PC cheap get one its worth it for the compatibility and convenience.)

I'm just very tired of my old PC and want to try something "new". Also, I buy it through work so it's going to be cheaper and easier than buying one from a store. I'm getting the latest 27" so hopefully that will run most things I want to play smoothly. I want to mainly use it for video editing anyway.

1) Tell us in a clear manner what you mean by 27" (though from looking at your previous posts that i remember i think is a iMac??) - there are literally thousands of computer makes.

2) Tell us the specs, we have at least 3 resident technophiles who could either find you a better deal or a better make for the same price.

3) Its not really on topic, even when I respond to something I try and keep it relevant at the end with a comment that is relevant - look at the Spriters Judgement Page.

Also welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :P

snooze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 05:23:42 AM »

1) Tell us in a clear manner what you mean by 27" (though from looking at your previous posts that i remember i think is a iMac??) - there are literally thousands of computer makes.

Sorry if I wasn't concise enough, I didn't think it would be such an interesting topic to people. :)

Always when you speak of the new iMacs from 2012 you mention either 21" or 27", depending on the size of the screen you're getting. The specs are almost always the same. Why I'm getting that particular machine isn't because there are no options, but because I get it through work and it's convenient for me. I've used computers for 25+ years so it's not like I'm new to the field. :)

It's not like I need this particular computer to run Starsector (to try and get back on the topic...) but I would really like to do LPs and streams and with my current PC that is impossible.

Also welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :P

Thanks very much. I lurked here for a while before I decided to register an account. :)

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 07:44:57 AM »

On the topic of Knight's LP, welcome to the let's player community ( starsector and otherwise ) enjoy your stay, ignore the trolls.

also good luck with your series. What kind of recording program will you be using?
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Knight4d7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »

On the topic of Knight's LP, welcome to the let's player community ( starsector and otherwise ) enjoy your stay, ignore the trolls.

also good luck with your series. What kind of recording program will you be using?
thanks I will, and ill try to ignore them. And I'll be using a program called OBS or another one I can't think of right this moment.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »

thanks I will, and ill try to ignore them. And I'll be using a program called OBS or another one I can't think of right this moment.

Never heard of OBS before, but i looked it up and it seems legit, if that turns out to not work out try Fraps it's what i use for my Lp's and i'd never turn back.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.
Pages: 1 [2]