Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Next feature?

More missions.
- 5 (9.1%)
A new system.
- 12 (21.8%)
More ships.
- 38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3  (Read 263031 times)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Citadel Fleet - v0.5.1- Exerelin, Lore & More! (Feedback wanted!)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »

Man, I'm the only (non-author) poster remotely willing to comment?

Just one bug report, and one semi-criticism (applicable to v0.5.1):

1. The bug: in 'data\scripts\world\citadel\DefendersConvoySpawnPoint.java', line 100: had a crash that pointed to this line, changed it to: "FoxMinelayer_Hull", and haven't gotten that particular crash afterwards.

2. The criticism: most of the 'Elite' ship variants are way, way too loaded with hullmods; just... far too many. Not seeing the rationale there, compared with just about every other Starsector mod available.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:17:20 AM by TimeDiver »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Citadel Fleet - v0.5.1- Exerelin, Lore & More! (Feedback wanted!)
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »

Thanks!

I will spend this afternoon creating sensible variants for all of the craft.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Citadel Fleet - v0.5.2- Exerelin, Lore & More! (Feedback wanted!)
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »

Alrighty, a new update is here! Check OP, or get it HERE!

Let me know If I forgot something. I'm in a hurry ATM!

0.5.2 brings us:
+Supernova tweaks, missiles are now AOE dummies, but it's not like they were guided before.
+Fatal campaign bug fixes!
+Complete variant rework...

-Cheap is more durable, heavy armor, and reenforced bulkheads are common. All weapons are vanilla.
-Midline is a good balance, all vanilla weapon loadouts. (The better ones)
-Elite is more specialized, all weapons are of Citadel origin (Except the built-in ones), and is mostly better than the previous levels.
+Even more smaller changes!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:42:20 PM by Foxer360 »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

I will test this for compatibility with other mods and see if I can integrate it with the Modded Starsector package.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Thank you, Eric!  :)

Next update should add 2 new ships, a heavy close support cruiser, and a missile support cruiser. The AOE EMP missile line will be fleshed out, as well as other additions to the weapon family.

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile

So, no real feedback yet since I kind of burnt myself out of starsector but a little qualm. Your mod faction has a similar color to that of the independents....I don't know if I just didn't see the difference but while I was playing exerelin I thought that hyperspace was full of independent traders :P
When really it was your faction rolling everything. I suggest a light blueish color will do the faction well. Gray is kind of boring anyway   :)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Thanks man! I will take your advice and change it into a slightly bluish color. Next update, for methinks it shouldn't be that disrupting.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Do you plan updating the Crusader and Monolith sprites too?

I have to say i never really was a fan of the art style of the faction, that's why i never really played them. Now that they are into Erick's compilation, i'll probably be able to give you some feedback sooner or later.

Have you tried to do some kitbash from the Supernova? Could get some interesting results.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

I would say that those particular ships are not on the top of the To-Do list, mostly because their shape is boring and they aren't very effective in combat. I have two other ships in the worksto replace them anyways, and they are the opposite boring\unconventional.

I look forward to your reveiw!

Jambo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I just tried out your mod on a few runs of exelerin (with every compatible mod).  An interesting experience.. as a start..

A few things I'd like to note.

1. The stations seemed to stop producing troop transports and superfreighters or not even at all ( perhaps design some of your own instead of using vanilla?)

2.  I had one game where my starting station refused to spawn any boarding fleets ( perhaps linked to the above issue) leading to me desperatly making everyone hate me by keeping them off the empty stations in my area (this got boring fast. And I ended up losing my only station to a massive zorg invasion.

3. It seems the stations produce very few weapons and I am constantly mixmatching random bits and loot just to keep my fleet equipped. ( and even finding your own faction weapons is hard enough.

4. It seems as if the ai wants me to lose. Had one game where I miraculously expanded to 3 stations before boarding fleet production flatlined. The problem is the station produced one defence fleet and ceased to do much else. Which got wrecked by an invasion and thus lead to my eventual loss.

Other then that I am in love with the universal slots and sleek ships. And look forward to some large size ships sporting large universals. Also moar weapons!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:16:01 PM by Jambo »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Hi there, and welcome to the forums! I'm honored to be your first post!

1. The station inventory is completely random, and I suggest dropping off rare ships in the omnifactory to help your fleet expand. In time, there will be some custom freighters\troop transports, and I'm very glad your excited for them!

2. Unfortunately, ship spawns are not in my control... :( But those zorg rushes are always unstoppable anyways! :3

3. Again, the omnifactory is a pretty much must have. The same thing happens on my test runs as well! The weapons are delivered based on variants, so I might have to talk to zaphide about increasing weapon amounts just for the Citadel.

4. Ahh, Exerelin be trollin'. Zaphide said he was going to give the player an easier start nex
update. We're not the only ones to have noticed the difficulty!
Also, thank you for your response, again. It really helps the mod mature and become larger in size. I know there is still a lot of work to be done, so I thank you for looking past those grey areas for now. I hope you enjoy your future business with the Citadel!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Couldn't play my Citadel campaign for very long (blame Vayra's Kadur ;D) but i was at least able to play with the frigates. The frigates by themselves aren't incredibly originals (the Dwarf and the Expedition) but they are still very good hit & run ships and i like the fancy weapons, especially the deadly EMP missiles and the flak with huge AOE. The sound of the light autocannon (Meteor? Can't remember its name) is pretty weak though but that's my personal point of view.

By the way i never knew you made weapons for your mod, you should definitely post the sprites in the OP, they are quite cools.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Incredibly original? I'm not sure what that means, but their shape is supposed to be made out of triangles as part mod lore.

Yes,the sound should be redone in the next version, our at least improved!

Thanks for your feedback, Helmut!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Wasn't really talking about the shape, more about the flying style of those frigates which doesn't stand out from others... But then, they are supposed to be just frigates, so in the end it's dumb of me.

And of course, i barely played the other two, so i might be wrong.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Right now I'm starting on a small frigate version of the marathon destroyer, mainly as a starting purpose for exerelin. I think it should have a special weapon(s), but what should it be? Any suggestions? It's gonna be a hyperion type-thng, with a 6 charge phase skimmer.

I also have plans for a strike frigate, with a storm needler and a regenerating torpedo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23