Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MrDavidoff´s Tri-Tachyon Omega-class Dreadnought (2 missions, ver. 1.1 WIP)  (Read 58751 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

I feel almost obligated to turn this into a ship so that I have something to counter your monstrosities. x)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Paint it in Hiigaran or Bushi colours and make it a thing. :P

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

Its not a competiton  ;) ..and whata feedback  ;D :( ::)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

Alright, feedback!
I think that ship looks good. Although the kitbashing is strong within this one, it has been done really well.
The only thing I don't like though is that... euh... thing in the lower middle. The lumps of metal. It really doesn't fit in.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

Alright, feedback!
I think that ship looks good. Although the kitbashing is strong within this one, it has been done really well.
The only thing I don't like though is that... euh... thing in the lower middle. The lumps of metal. It really doesn't fit in.

zomg, feedback, could you uh.. Mark that area? (please)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

Surio.
Clicky!

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh that, damm it, thats the one thing I cant work with  ;D (I love how, IF I do get feedback, I cant comply :D )
As you pointed out the sprite started as a kitbash and back then i wanted the central structure to be a..
bigger version of Paragons bridge(the central, white structure), so I think i just stacked them into this shape,
I could try to add a graphic in the middle of the structure, so it would have a steady ( shape, from top perspective,
as right now its basicly   a gap \__/ in the middle of the bridge, or i could try to lighten the shadows in between it.

But, I simply still dont have the balls to go and make a central structure from scratch  :D

I did some slight adjustments to the back of the ship, now I will move in the central part a bit.

Spoiler
[close]

Edit -

Of course, its also possible to make the part that seems off to you disappear completly, but that makes the
ship look kinds "impotent"  :D

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:09:53 PM by MrDavidoff »

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile

I like the one first one , as it was before .. i´ve seen that as a very large bridge/commando center .Doesn´t look ugly to me ( the "lower middle")

to bad you can´t kill , capture oder fly it atm.  ;D
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

Maybe you can attach a bridge to that little 'extension', like this:
Spoiler
[close]
The bridge would be styled like the rest of the ship.

Anyway, 'impotent' or not, I think it's much better looking this way. ;D

Edit: That bridge I 'drew', if you can call it that, is much too big by the way. I think a small bridge with the same blue hull attached to the head of your ship's 'impotence' would do rather nicely.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:14:09 PM by Gotcha! »

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile

Personally I like the Omega just the way it is right now, but if I were change anything,I'd just fill in those gaps.I mean a ship with huge gaping holes in it? Same issue as the Paragon. No space vessel could afford such a giant waste of space.Unless that large gap had a purpose, for example a miniature singularity contained inside which powers the whole thing.And it could have arching bolts of lightning between the singularity and surrounding hull propagating through the magnetic field used the contain it.Now that would look awesome and very befitting for a juggernaut of destruction like the Omega

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: MrDavidoff´s Tri-Tachyon Omega-class Dreadnought (Closed)
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

This mod topic should be closed/deleted, I dont plan on updating this mod. The sprite is done, but it would be too much pointles work to seperate this from the main mod.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: MrDavidoff´s Tri-Tachyon Omega-class Dreadnought (2 missions, ver. 1.1 WIP)
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

Closed like requested. Saving the thread for posterity.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]