Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 299611 times)

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian Void (ASC: B4.1) (DOM: D1) - 0.6.1a
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:02 PM »

Yeah, maybe. The version on my end has some pretty critical updates, mainly dealing with strike and PD weapons not shooting anything. Dunno when I'll get a 0.6.2 version made, but it's not really on my top list of priorities because nobody really plays this anyway :P

really this mod is one of my favourite  total conversion mods out there. i would love to see your mod updated because of the awesomenessnessness.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:38:11 AM by haloguy1 »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:37 AM »

A very good mod and new ships is awesome. I play mostly random battles with new ships. Dominion ships is seriously overpowered but fighting against them in really tough and fun.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:01 PM »

Yeah, maybe. The version on my end has some pretty critical updates, mainly dealing with strike and PD weapons not shooting anything. Dunno when I'll get a 0.6.2 version made, but it's not really on my top list of priorities because nobody really plays this anyway :P

Oh come on Psiyon, don't put yourself down like that :P Still though, will be happily awaiting the next update.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 21, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »

Does this work with 0.6.2a?

Piemanlives

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 21, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »

I'd assume not, we're still waiting on him to release it.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »

nobody really plays this anyway :P

What are you talking about? You have a good and popular mod! Thread wouldn't be 36 pages otherwise.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »

Nope.

Update is in the works, but it's going slowly. Can't give an estimate as to when I'll finally get around to releasing it, as I have two game projects I'm currently working on at my university.

Fun note: If the lead dev of my university's game studio accepts the game pitch I made, you guys might be seeing a prequel to this mod as a full-fledged game.

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2014, 12:32:54 PM »

Nope.

Update is in the works, but it's going slowly. Can't give an estimate as to when I'll finally get around to releasing it, as I have two game projects I'm currently working on at my university.

Fun note: If the lead dev of my university's game studio accepts the game pitch I made, you guys might be seeing a prequel to this mod as a full-fledged game.

that sounds pretty good if that happens ill be buying it LoL.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:07:48 PM by haloguy1 »

Piemanlives

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »

Are we talking about the Lemurian Admiral Story or are we talking about a remake of In The Orbit Of God mod we had for HW2?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »

Are we talking about the Lemurian Admiral Story or are we talking about a remake of In The Orbit Of God mod we had for HW2?
Neither, it'll be centered on the birth of the Terran Dominion, and how the entire human population in the old Terran Union became cybernetically enslaved.

Piemanlives

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »

Now that sounds very interesting.

xXTallmanXx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »

Really wish this could be re-released again, Played it a few months ago...
deleted it (Don't know why) and now it's gone!
Should have left the download link

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

I want a new version

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »

Eventually. Maybe. Idk.

Just finished with final exams today and will be moving out within the week. My summer will mainly be dedicated to freelancing and indie development, but there's a chance I might be able to squeeze in an update for this. If the record holds, you can expect it a few days before the next version of the game comes out, and then we can start the whole cycle of waiting for another update again! Yay!

But really though, honestly, the more I look at this mod, the more I want to just save my effort for a full-fledged game. I've been tossing around the idea of a kickstarter project, but... meh. I don't like Kickstarter. That, and having to appease all the backers with steady progress on top of university and other development work... implications are unpleasant.

Damn it. So many excellent ideas, no time or money to execute them. But I guess that's pretty much the standard for developing games while in college XD.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »

I don't normally like to make promises like this, but: I'll be releasing an update tomorrow.

There, I said it. Now I've actually got a shred of obligation to follow through and release this thing.

Just know that the update won't be anything spectacular, and updates from here on out will basically just be bringing things into line with the latest version of Starsector. Sadly, I can't really devote my time to this any longer.

Most of the patch notes for the upcoming version I've completely forgotten. I know that a lot of the Lemurian ships got ship systems, but the Dominion component doesn't have a working campaign yet (and probably won't ever). There were also some fixes for point defense weapons not shooting stuff.

Oh, and you can now board hostile stations and attempt to steal supplies or fuel. So if you get stranded in hostile space and have marines with you, you might be able to steal enough fuel to jump out (without direct combat with enemy fleets, that is). Your ships can totally get damaged in the process, stations aren't defenseless.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37