Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Bushi v1.1.1  (Read 118503 times)

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Bushi v1.4.1
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »

May I sugest adding the picture to the ones selectable by the player, I want to be a gynoid too.  :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

Sure, noted. :)

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »

Wow, that was fast, thanks~

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Bushi v1.5.0
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »

v1.5.0
- Added Raiu capital ship. Weapon effect credits goes to xenoargh and a thank you goes to MesoTroniK.
- Changed pulse beam to Rail Cannon (kinetic damage).
- One portrait is now available to player.
- Mod is (hopefully) 0.6a compatible.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »

Hey man, enjoying the mod so far.

Regarding the people saying that robots killing humans is overused -especially the modders saying so- you're not very good at self analysis :P

Humans are killing other humans because they have disagreements about things! < - Not overused...

You might want to do a balance pass on the Nambu SRM pods. They have 9,600 total damage compared to an annihilators 10,000 but also seek and are faster, not to mention comparing them to Harpoons, 1,500 with slower projectiles :P

Granted they have fairly short range compared to Harpoons but in a strict annihilator/Nambu comparison there's no reason to use Annihilators, especially given they cost the same OP.

The Photon Pulse Beams might need a look too... There are very few situations where they're not just strictly better than the Burst PD laser. The very limited times where you're hard pressed for PD slots but have OP spare are the only times that come to mind and they're fairly uncommon to be honest. Might need less range or a higher OP cost, or a redesign if you're after something that doesn't fill the exact slot the burst PD does but simply does it better.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »

Well, the Nambu is basically a swarmer, but swarmers are fragmentation and the Nambu is high explosive.
I can see how this changes their effectiveness versus larger ships. Hmm. Consider their damage lowered in a next version (with 33%).

I can't remember if I made Bushi's PD weapon better than the Burst PD, but I can imagine so. But hopefully future game updates provide means so players can't just buy Bushi faction stuff without consequences (aka making new enemies etc).

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

In practice the Nambu is an Annihilator with similar-dps, tracking, great maneuverability and slightly lower hitpoints per missile... It's basically better in every circumstance :P

In fact it's SO much better that I'd never consider using even Medium sized Harpoon launchers let alone the small slots.

The Bushi PD (Photon Pulse Beam) is almost identical to the Burst PD but uses 2 less OP and has a better flux/damage ratio :D
limited availability would help to some degree but they're definitely strict performance upgrades unless for some reason you're drowning in spare OP

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6a] Bushi v1.0.0
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2013, 12:18:42 PM »

[0.6a] v1.0.0
- System "Seiiki" created, home to Bushi. A detachment of The Hegemony is there to entertain them.
- Nambu damage lowered by 33%.
- Used xenoargh's Heat projectile script on Nagamaki's Planet Killer missiles.
  WARNING: Getting hit by one of these is no longer a laughing matter. If you're fighting against one, destroy these missiles, fast.
  A shieldless ship can get up to 10000 damage from one of these, and I estimate that keeping your shields up still leaves you with 6000-8000 damage.
  Please give feedback about balance.
- Lowered Nagamaki's missile hitpoints by 33%.
- Updated and balanced all Bushi ships with the new 0.6a ship values/parameters.

- Special thanks go to LazyWizard, Zaphide and Alex for helping me drag this mod into the new world that is 0.6a; they saved me a lot of clumsying around.
- Special thanks also goes to xenoargh for his special weapon effects and allowing everyone to use them.

- I am using mediafire now, because I'd like to take note of how much my mods are downloaded.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2013, 07:06:58 PM »

hey yall, i really, really wanna try this mod out. i have every single mod i could find thats 0.6a compatible installed, including Hiigaren descendants!! i have to say, i love your work Gotcha!! but to my original mission: playing this mod. for some reason whenever i try to run a simulation with a bushii ship the game crashes. ive yet to try a regular battle, but i have a feeling its not going to work either. any suggestions?? im a HUGE fan of this game (ev nova 8.0 and its not even finished yet!!!!). thanks in advance!!

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »

Sweet. Lookin' forward to messin' about with Bushi again

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »

What I said for HD is true here too, the lack of cargo ships below cruiser forces you to use out-of-faction ships if you don't want to play the megafleet game.

Also, I noticed the orbital speeds of planets in the system are so high that fleets have issues catching up to them - the AI isn't very smart and doesn't lead the target.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2013, 05:30:23 AM »

@th3boodlebot: That's odd. Thanks, I will check it out. I'd love to hear if others are experiencing crashes, because as of now I have not.

@Taverius: Thanks, I'll go see if I can make a smaller cargo ship. Would make sense, I agree.
Will also look into giving planets speeding tickets.

@Borgoid: Let me know if you encounter crashes, please. ;)

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2013, 05:33:42 AM »

No crashes so far and I'm running Bushi alongside Hiigaran, Junk Pirates, Kadur, Neutrino, Shadowyards, and Gedune (With Lazylib of course)

Makes for some weird ship compositions but no crashes :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2013, 05:40:06 AM »

Thanks. According to another person he's also not experiencing crashes, and neither am I, so I'm afraid th3boodlebot is alone in this. :S

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2013, 06:06:56 AM »

First of all,great job on the mods Gotcha! For a newcomer to the modding scene, your stuff is already on par with what most of the vets have come up with. Sorry to say though that I'm also experiencing out of memory crashes.Granted, I'm playing with Bushi, Hiigaran, Neutrino, Kadur, Gedune and Shadowyards(with lazy lib of course) so I don't know which of these is too much for Starsector to handle.As it is though, the game crashes everytime I go into a battle of any kind, rendering it unplayable.This is after about an hour or so of mostly problem free gameplay.I know it's not something you can do anything about I just wanted to say that you should keep up the great work and hopefully Alex will find a way to fix this issue which has been prevalent since 0.54
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11