Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Bushi v1.1.1  (Read 118526 times)

ZeroOne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Bushi v1.3.2
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »

Ai caramba. I apologize for your sadness. ;_;
I forgot to add _Hull to that ship in the delivery script, so every time one got delivered it would crash your game.
Please redownload the mod. I've fixed it. :)

Edit: You can just continue your savegame.
Edit2: Actually, I am in doubt. It might be that you need to start a new game or need to edit your savefile.

I didn't get too far anyway so I think I'll start again. ^^

Much Appreciated my friend.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

I can take valid criticism, don't you worry. ;)
Uomoz, I wonder, what do you feel about the sprites in my other faction?

Very well made and cool but I tend to stay away from rip offs from other games. If it wasn't so directly related to HW I'd give it a high rating.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 05:07:24 AM »

Unfortunately i have to agree with Uomoz on this one. I don't really like the sprites. Technically they are still very good but as it has been said, the lightning come from the top instead of the front and the style isn't really Starsector-esque enough for me. But that's just my personal taste.

Gameplay-wise, i don't really seems to have fun with them. I am not sure what's wrong but they feels a bit... Bland?  Maybe it's the weapons as they are basically all the same with some minor changes.

I am playing on an outdated version though so maybe the newest Bushi will feels more interesting to me. I am downloading the new version and i'll see.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 05:30:13 AM »

Thanks. :) Any tips on how to make it less bland are welcome. (Although they'd probably need more/different weapons for starters.)
I'll also try to throw a texture over every ship. Maybe that helps a bit, but ofcourse they'd never look close to vanilla ships. (I wouldn't know how, anyway.)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Bushi v1.3.3
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

v1.3.3
- Changed turret mount appearances.
- Edited away bright light spots from ship hulls.
- Changed glowy bullets to laser beams.

Edit:
v1.3.4
- Improved ship sprites. No more fuzziness, weird colours and crap around the ships' edges.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:48:31 PM by Gotcha! »

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
Re: [0.54.1a] Bushi v1.3.4
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »

Call me a fangirl, but I love this mod as well.

Idea: Due to the robotic nature of the faction, drones should be extremely popular, and larger ships (especially stations) aught to be able to regenerate them quickly IMO.

Love the style, though I think the weapons could be redone to be more sleek like the ships.

Are there still biological elements to the Bushi though? In a lot of sci-fi series AIs have some drawbacks. To use Andromeda as an example, AIs are unable to accurately use Slipstream (50% success rate) while experienced human pilots have a 99% success rate.

If you up the Bushi's combat effectiveness but also raise their fuel usage for inter-system travel, while still giving them a very low logistics penalty, I can see this being a very unique and deadly faction.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »

@Vinya: Thanks!

The weapons, well, I tried making one from scratch but ended with this. If my mods are to improve later on I think I'll be needing lots of help. ^_^'''

All Bushi androids are entirely artificial. I dunno about increasing their combat effectiveness though. You mean increasing damage output of their weapons?
I am going to take note of your comments. Any further ideas about how to differentiate (oh, did I use that word correctly?) this faction from others is very welcome.

Berkys32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:54 AM »

The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Didnt you forgot the main rule?

0. A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 05:22:15 AM »

Nope, I did not. That's rule number one you wrote there, although with different words.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »

Nope, I did not. That's rule number one you wrote there, although with different words.

Nope. You can't get more cameo than Asimov.

I mean possibly increasing their damage, but more their range and/or accuracy since they'd be able to make advanced firing calculations. Turn rates could use a buff too, so they're very efficient.

If they are completely artificial, then yes I'd say they should either be inefficient at FTL travel (ONLY if FTL in Starsector is explained as slipstream/subspace type) or extremely susceptible to EMP damage, while being extremely deadly otherwise.

No borg-ish cyborgs used as pilots or extra crew? Awww. I guess that faction will be up to me, too bad your cover art will be better >:(
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »

Apparently I should have read that wiki page just a tad further. x) Ah well.

Is it even possible to have an alternate type of pilots? The meatbags sold on Bushi's station do annoy me. x)
Anyway, if you'd like to help out, I'd appreciate it. I'm not much of a scripting/spriting hero.
Some hull system that makes them susceptible to EMP would be wonderful. I'd definitely use it.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 01:06:07 AM »

---snip---
 Any further ideas about how to differentiate (oh, did I use that word correctly?) this faction from others is very welcome.

I second Vinya's suggestion above:

---snip---
Idea: Due to the robotic nature of the faction, drones should be extremely popular, and larger ships (especially stations) aught to be able to regenerate them quickly IMO.
---snip---

Really keen for a drone heavy faction :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2013, 03:56:43 AM »

Although such a drone faction would be nice, it'd seriously change this faction if I'd change it.
I might make a new faction based on that though. It's a nice idea. Something like X's Xenon.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:48 AM »

.. Something like X's Xenon.

How... noble.

I think adding a 'Full computerization' Hullmod would be interesting, which would replace your crew with androids (Hullmod would give the crew stats rather than actual crew) aside from one CO. I think the idea of Bushi ships abducting humans a la Cylon and using them as battle computers/ship captains is worth exploring. Would also make ships capturable.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »

How... noble.
I am confused. ???

Abducting humans is acceptable I guess. Afterall, you can buy an implant at their base, which make you one of the hive.
Every pilot caught would get a cortex chip.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11