Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Desura alpha/beta funding  (Read 2482 times)

Naib

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Desura alpha/beta funding
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:21 AM »

I only by chance can across this game, pretty much because I am interested in SPAZ.
SPAZ has no linux client and won't work via wine. An associate mentioned that SPAZ are really concidering a linux-native.

Searching brought me here - how this game is shaping interests me more mind.

Desura has a great alpha-funding scheme (Oilrush was in it, project zomboid is...). Is it worth concidering requesting Starfarer is added, especially since desura is a cross-platform steam-like gameportal

Karmalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Desura alpha/beta funding
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:55:50 AM »

If you want SPAZ run on linux, why not use WINE?
"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big joke on me." - R.Frost

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:25:59 AM »

I think because of this.   ;D

SPAZ has no linux client and won't work via wine. An associate mentioned that SPAZ are really concidering a linux-native.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Naib

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »

I think you missed the point. I had heard of SPAZ via other means and I was interested
This was months ago and while it was in beta. Starfarer was sort of out around the same time but silence.

SPAZ does not run in WINE ( as I stated in my 1st post). It will install and launch, but you get about 1fps just at the menu. SPAZ dev's have tried to fix it (via wine patches and tweaks to game) but they have failed and thus it seems they are entertaining the thought of SPAZ linux-native.

I came across starfarer inpassing while trying to find a decent citation for SPAZ-Linux and tried starfarer and I like.

I am just pointing out that maybe making it known this exist isn't a bad idea.

Karmalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:15:10 AM »

I think you missed the point. I had heard of SPAZ via other means and I was interested
This was months ago and while it was in beta. Starfarer was sort of out around the same time but silence.

SPAZ does not run in WINE ( as I stated in my 1st post). It will install and launch, but you get about 1fps just at the menu. SPAZ dev's have tried to fix it (via wine patches and tweaks to game) but they have failed and thus it seems they are entertaining the thought of SPAZ linux-native.

I came across starfarer inpassing while trying to find a decent citation for SPAZ-Linux and tried starfarer and I like.

I am just pointing out that maybe making it known this exist isn't a bad idea.

Woops, I must be blind.
"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big joke on me." - R.Frost