Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Gotcha's Mini Factions  (Read 30206 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] The Sardaukar (mini faction) v1.0.1
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

This mod won't be a full fledged faction, but I do like to have it playable at least. :P
I've decreased shield efficiency and increased shield flux use. You're right, they were ridiculously strong.

Compatible with previous version ofcourse. Now go get revenge.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] The Sardaukar (mini faction) v1.0.1
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »

... Holy ***! The ships look really nice and all that, and they have the potential to be a cool faction, but they're pretty hella OP.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Gotcha's Mini Factions
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »

I'll be tossing my smaller mods in this topic. Seems a bit overkill to be making new topics for every small mods I throw out.
That said, added two. :)

Haven't tested Nexus much. Would like to hear if they're liked/too easy/too hard etc.

Edit: I also made the Sardaukar fleet much smaller.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:39:12 AM by Gotcha! »

Uziel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 05:42:04 AM »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 07:54:41 AM »

Prodigious ship added. Err... enjoy. x)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 12:25:47 PM »

Prodigious
This mini mod adds a modest-size ship as a starting option. Want to add it through the console? The id is prod_prodigious_standard.

Credits:
Original ship art source: Halo wikipedia

[Download]

Is this the UNSC In Amber Clad?

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 01:09:47 PM »

I guess it looks a bit like it. I never played any halo games though.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6.1a] Gotcha's Mini Factions (WIP)
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:15 AM »

Updated the Prodigious. The rest will follow.
I'll be trying to have the Nexus spawn in hyperspace only. :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6.1a] Gotcha's Mini Factions (WIP)
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »

Updated the rest too, to be functional in 0.6.1a.
They're limited to Corvus though. I wonder if people would like to see some of these tiny factions have more important roles/have their own systems etc.

Eternity57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Gotcha's Mini Factions
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »

Many thanks Gotcha ! I guess I will be able to found out bushi and Hiigarians mod update via your signature ;-)
Always look at the bright side of life

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »

Thanks for interesting mods. I suggest to make one new system for for all three tiny factions. Where, for example, Sardaukar fight against Nexus for influence, and Free Miners Guild acts as peace dealers and miners. Can make station for each fraction or one on system where it is possible to buy all ships of new fractions. It seems to me will join more interestingly when in new system there is a conflict in which the player can, such as in original system between pirates and hegemony than when the new fraction simply flies circles in the new system.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

Normally I don't post in threads that hasn't had a post in over two months, but I felt like this was an exception considering it's updated to work with the 6.1a. After taking a look at all of the minifactions I felt like this looks like a pretty good pack of small factions to add in.

My first play I started off, by turning on all of the mods except prodigious, and after a good amount of battles later I ran into a Nexus invader fleet. My fleet had been a carrier group supported by three gemni. Now I had read the fact that your supposed to avoid them early on and I figured that I have a decent size fleet I might as well try it. I mean from looking at the amount of mounts on the ships they can't be too deadly right? The one thing I didn't expect however was the drones. My god the drones... It lit my combat radar up like a christmas tree.

Spoiler
[close]

The only saving grace I had was my gemni had been equiped with dual flak cannons and that barely held them off so i could attempt to retreat. None the less it didn't go so well. After watching the ensueing massacre I ended up coming here to post on the forums.

From my experience each faction is rather cool with there own neat quirks to them and are rather put togethor. I must agree with Runoved however where putting all three in a new sector is a good idea instead of just having them in corvus. I must ask though, is it possible to capture Nexus ships even though there AI? I tried a couple of times on the smaller infiltrators and each time the ship was too damaged after the boarding. So overall a great mini faction mod. Good looking sprites and great feel to fight against.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:01:24 PM by ArkAngel »
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 06:13:39 AM »

I had in mind to spawn Nexus in Hyperspace, instead of regular systems. But alas, I dunno how. So for now they're stuck in Corvus.

You can capture their ships, because I doubt there's a way to disable that. Even if there was a way to disable capturing for this faction, then I wouldn't know how to implement it, due to probably involving heavy scripting. :-\
But chances are probably really low to get your hands on one, seeing how I rarely get the chance to capture a vanilla ship.

If you have a strong capital ship, go for the main ship as quickly as possible. If the main ship is destroyed, its drones will be destroyed as well. :)

Thanks for liking it!

Maybe I'll make them their own system, like people suggested. I already got an idea and it sounds like fun. :)

Eternity57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »

Hi there,

I really love sardaukar, and I had a chance to capture tornado one which is impressive when you speed up this already ultra fast frigate... it is one of my favorite ship with the sardaukar dreadnough :-) (2 of then as my fleet keystone).

So well, as I've got a lot of others mod active I do not know if there is any trouble with new 0.6.2a release so I just ask if you plan like for your bushi and Hiigaran Descendants any update soon ;-) if not need that fine too ;-)

And by the way best wishes to all of you for this new year !
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:27:36 AM by Eternity57 »
Always look at the bright side of life

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 02:15:28 AM »

Managed to capture a hurricane and 2 firestorms before 0.6, between me stomping everything in the cruiser and the frigates spamming the screen with missiles, it was GLORIOUS.
Pages: 1 [2] 3