Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 469660 times)

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2022, 06:26:45 PM »

In my case, the 2 ships I made, need permission, this is my version of the mod in nexus and it is the most current, technically need my permission to use these ships, which I already gave, now, directly from the original creator, I don't think so because I abandon it completely and since it does not use my mod but directly the one from the forum, it only asked me for permission for the ship, but I already told it that it can use my complete mod to improve or update parts and save time, but since the version based on this mod is on nexus created by me, you strongly need my permission because nexus is very strict for these things
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:29:56 PM by Draco »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2022, 10:30:27 PM »

In my case, the 2 ships I made, need permission, this is my version of the mod in nexus and it is the most current, technically need my permission to use these ships, which I already gave, now, directly from the original creator, I don't think so because I abandon it completely and since it does not use my mod but directly the one from the forum, it only asked me for permission for the ship, but I already told it that it can use my complete mod to improve or update parts and save time, but since the version based on this mod is on nexus created by me, you strongly need my permission because nexus is very strict for these things

I was mostly referring to the "waiting for approval from Gotcha mainly so i can post it here" part, and thus about getting approval from Gotcha specifically, but good to know all the same.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:33:49 AM by Oni »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2022, 12:38:37 AM »

.... waiting for approval from Gotcha mainly so i can post it here....
???
Do you need approval?

I mean, it's still good to ask but he did write "This mod has been abandoned by its main author for now. If you want to update/remake it, feel free" into the  first post.
I'm pretty sure that means you're in the clear unless he decides to change it later or it gets officially adopted.  :-\

PS: Did you remember to give the Troop Ships ground support and check the bomber AI?

i mean i asked over 3 years ago and got it approved so i'm probably fine,
same goes for bombasticmore
Draco confirmed via DM approval for the destroyer so that's safe now

the troop transport has the advanced group support

the bomber is somewhat working now ... 

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 20, 2022, 01:00:57 PM »

Hey sorry, I just edited/updated some stuff so I'm not really the author, but I'm pretty sure Gotcha would be cool with this. I can't fully speak for them however, but I don't see why it would be a problem to post the update, it just wouldn't be added to the front page until they see it.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #919 on: June 21, 2022, 02:13:37 AM »

Really no permission needed from me, as stated in the main post. Go nuts. ;)

I can add everyone's version of the mod to the main post. (I don't visit this forum that frequently, but I do visit it.)

People who are absolutely positively 200% sure they want to continue this mod for a long time can also start a new topic, so this one can be locked, but please be absolutely sure before doing this, so this forum doesn't end up with multiple dead topics concerning this mod.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hiigaran Descendants v2.1.1.rc4
« Reply #920 on: June 21, 2022, 04:47:57 AM »

first thanks to Gotcha for great Hiigaran Descentants mod,

i made merge from my compatibility fixes of Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5 (v3/v4/)
as i had it in collection for modded 0.91
and 2.1.0 from bombasticmori (hence msg goes to him too, thanks again for it)
which i had for 0.95a and 0.95.1a

i cleaned it up, combined what i had done , fixes, tweaks, minor changes or small additions

noticed i had in my data some bomber, Reconditioned Vaygr Destroyer, so i made sure it works too
i tracked that RVD back to Hiigaran's Resurgence (from Draco, hence msg also going to him, thanks)

i know it ain't perfect but i mainly started it to remove crashes and errors
to be able play them together in version 0.95.1a
as i tried move my play-thru mod package from era from 0.8x/0.91/0.95a

change-log and test-log
2.1.1:
+ added Hiigaran BPs : fighter, bomber, interceptor, rare, station, corvette, platform, drone, station
+ synced new BPs to faction files
+ re-added archaic (old visuals, lower armament), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added modernized (slightly better), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added 4 skins and variants for Carriers (Sashiir, Taiid, Woodan) with different shipsystem
+ added 4 skins and variants for Drone Carrier (Faal-corum) with different shipsystem
+ added 2 variants of old Turret platform with Flak and Ion weapons
+ added 3 new hull+skin+variant of Turret as Weapon Platform, mobile Crewed/Automated mobile, static Automated
+ added new variants of fighters (2x Fiirkan, 1x blaze) for new drone wings
+ added captured (reconditions) Vaygr destroyer hull (from Higaraan's Resurgence mod, thanks Draco(approved)
+ activated usage of Pulsar Bomber at Sashiir carrier (already in data but unused)
+ fixed some crashes in wings of fighters, bombers, interceptors
+ added some ship systems drone wings with fighters, bombers, interceptors, used by skin variants
+ corrected visible text names of hulls
+ tweaked some tags, hints of ships, added descriptions
+ optimized some of the backgrounds to downsize the mod to half
+ merged Commissioned Crew fix (thanks Oni, Timid)
+ all ships, stations, solo/wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are shown at main screen
+ all ships, stations, wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are available for combat sim
+ more ships, stations, fighters, bombers, interceptors wings are available for Hiigaran faction
+ all existing and new ship variants available as custom-game Nexerelin start for Hiigaran faction
+ Archaic Vraan, Reconditioned Vaygr destroyer, Crewed Mobile WP hulls available for pirate faction
+ simplified (optimized) some fighters and ship Bound Polygons
+ other tweaks and fixes i forgot
-(in theory save compatible but more likely not, on own risk)
 !!

0.95.1a tested :
Spoiler

codex :Vote_Check:
missions :Vote_Check:
simulator :Vote_Check:
benchmark :Vote_Check:
start new game (vanilla) :Vote_Check:
start new game (nexerelin) :Vote_Check:
with Nexerelin normal and random :Vote_Check:
outfitting :Vote_Check:
playing :Vote_Check:
new ships / variants appear at market :Vote_Check:
AI uses new variants / ships :Vote_Check:
Hiigaran commission works  :Vote_Check:
leaving game whole night on UI screen :Vote_Check:
no suspicious starsector.log spam :Vote_Check:
no obvious memory leak detected :Vote_Check:

[close]

credits were updated too, like Oni's fix for Commissioned Crews

Spoiler
Gotcha! and all original credits for making the mod in the first place!
NoFoodAfterMidnight for helping improve the 0.9.1a update
Bombasticmori for updating the mod to 0.9.1a and 0.95a

Cycerin for Blackrock Drive Yards whose source code really helped me understand the coding side of the game
Starsector wiki for their modding guides, a huge help in finding things in need of update

Original Credits by Gotcha! below:
Huge thanks:
Original ship art and turrets (used with permission, this guy's awesome):
Kalthaniell

Original image used for portraits:
Guesscui (Link has died.)

Planet art:
Duael Designs LLC & Robert Stein - New Hiigara
Planet Creator, Christian Hart - Jakuul, Koya, Daiamid, Maal

Special thanks:
- Trylobot, Trylobot's STARSECTOR Ship Editor. Seriously, you, sir, are awesome and I salute you. I can't imagine having to create ships without it.
- Thule, for allowing me to adapt his 'contract' script.
- LazyWizard <3
- Wyvern and Lazywizard, for their Saved Variant Extractor.
- Fractal Softworks, for allowing people to create modifications and, ofcourse, creating this game.
- Relic, r.i.p. Thank you for blessing the world with two great games. /melodramatic
- megal00t and Relic, Homeworld 2 cruiser, carrier and corvette render.
- echosierraalpha, New Hiigara vs The Dominion story.
- EMN/DRACO for reconditioned Vaygr destroyer
- Oni, lot of help from the 'Commissioned Crews' creator, Timid, for HD Commission Mod

- silentstormpt, for directing me to LazyWizard's guide.
- IceXuick, for his sheet of doodads. Could lazily decorade my huge laser cannon with it. <3 Laziness
- Ember, testing, with video feedback even.
- Silver Silence, testing, feedback.
- echosierraalpha, Lore Keeper
[close]

download
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/824910699415207937/988771933019594812/Hiigaran_Descendants.update.approved.DIY.by.DWARDEN.v211.rc4.7z

i hope others can enjoy this great mod just like i do

thanks for your time to answer

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #921 on: June 21, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »

Hey, no problem. Thank you for your interest. ;)
I've put your link in the main post.

cbxzcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 22, 2022, 07:41:46 AM »

Thanks for the recent updates! I noticed an issue though. I was testing out the new content, and I noticed the weapon blueprints didn't have any weapons or didn't give me weapons to produce for some reason.

Ghosts of Razgriz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 17, 2022, 04:00:51 AM »

Can someone tell me the issue of the blueprints? They have no content and I looked everywhere in the folder yet I see nothing blueprint related where do I enable and modify them, I find my immersion ruined after locating all hiigaran ships and fighters yet ultimately unable to produce their weapons myself. My immersion is ruined.

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
Re: Hiigaran Descendants v2.1.1.rc4
« Reply #924 on: July 23, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »

first thanks to Gotcha for great Hiigaran Descentants mod,

i made merge from my compatibility fixes of Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5 (v3/v4/)
as i had it in collection for modded 0.91
and 2.1.0 from bombasticmori (hence msg goes to him too, thanks again for it)
which i had for 0.95a and 0.95.1a

i cleaned it up, combined what i had done , fixes, tweaks, minor changes or small additions

noticed i had in my data some bomber, Reconditioned Vaygr Destroyer, so i made sure it works too
i tracked that RVD back to Hiigaran's Resurgence (from Draco, hence msg also going to him, thanks)

i know it ain't perfect but i mainly started it to remove crashes and errors
to be able play them together in version 0.95.1a
as i tried move my play-thru mod package from era from 0.8x/0.91/0.95a

change-log and test-log
2.1.1:
+ added Hiigaran BPs : fighter, bomber, interceptor, rare, station, corvette, platform, drone, station
+ synced new BPs to faction files
+ re-added archaic (old visuals, lower armament), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added modernized (slightly better), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added 4 skins and variants for Carriers (Sashiir, Taiid, Woodan) with different shipsystem
+ added 4 skins and variants for Drone Carrier (Faal-corum) with different shipsystem
+ added 2 variants of old Turret platform with Flak and Ion weapons
+ added 3 new hull+skin+variant of Turret as Weapon Platform, mobile Crewed/Automated mobile, static Automated
+ added new variants of fighters (2x Fiirkan, 1x blaze) for new drone wings
+ added captured (reconditions) Vaygr destroyer hull (from Higaraan's Resurgence mod, thanks Draco(approved)
+ activated usage of Pulsar Bomber at Sashiir carrier (already in data but unused)
+ fixed some crashes in wings of fighters, bombers, interceptors
+ added some ship systems drone wings with fighters, bombers, interceptors, used by skin variants
+ corrected visible text names of hulls
+ tweaked some tags, hints of ships, added descriptions
+ optimized some of the backgrounds to downsize the mod to half
+ merged Commissioned Crew fix (thanks Oni, Timid)
+ all ships, stations, solo/wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are shown at main screen
+ all ships, stations, wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are available for combat sim
+ more ships, stations, fighters, bombers, interceptors wings are available for Hiigaran faction
+ all existing and new ship variants available as custom-game Nexerelin start for Hiigaran faction
+ Archaic Vraan, Reconditioned Vaygr destroyer, Crewed Mobile WP hulls available for pirate faction
+ simplified (optimized) some fighters and ship Bound Polygons
+ other tweaks and fixes i forgot
-(in theory save compatible but more likely not, on own risk)
 !!

0.95.1a tested :
Spoiler

codex :Vote_Check:
missions :Vote_Check:
simulator :Vote_Check:
benchmark :Vote_Check:
start new game (vanilla) :Vote_Check:
start new game (nexerelin) :Vote_Check:
with Nexerelin normal and random :Vote_Check:
outfitting :Vote_Check:
playing :Vote_Check:
new ships / variants appear at market :Vote_Check:
AI uses new variants / ships :Vote_Check:
Hiigaran commission works  :Vote_Check:
leaving game whole night on UI screen :Vote_Check:
no suspicious starsector.log spam :Vote_Check:
no obvious memory leak detected :Vote_Check:

[close]

credits were updated too, like Oni's fix for Commissioned Crews

Spoiler
Gotcha! and all original credits for making the mod in the first place!
NoFoodAfterMidnight for helping improve the 0.9.1a update
Bombasticmori for updating the mod to 0.9.1a and 0.95a

Cycerin for Blackrock Drive Yards whose source code really helped me understand the coding side of the game
Starsector wiki for their modding guides, a huge help in finding things in need of update

Original Credits by Gotcha! below:
Huge thanks:
Original ship art and turrets (used with permission, this guy's awesome):
Kalthaniell

Original image used for portraits:
Guesscui (Link has died.)

Planet art:
Duael Designs LLC & Robert Stein - New Hiigara
Planet Creator, Christian Hart - Jakuul, Koya, Daiamid, Maal

Special thanks:
- Trylobot, Trylobot's STARSECTOR Ship Editor. Seriously, you, sir, are awesome and I salute you. I can't imagine having to create ships without it.
- Thule, for allowing me to adapt his 'contract' script.
- LazyWizard <3
- Wyvern and Lazywizard, for their Saved Variant Extractor.
- Fractal Softworks, for allowing people to create modifications and, ofcourse, creating this game.
- Relic, r.i.p. Thank you for blessing the world with two great games. /melodramatic
- megal00t and Relic, Homeworld 2 cruiser, carrier and corvette render.
- echosierraalpha, New Hiigara vs The Dominion story.
- EMN/DRACO for reconditioned Vaygr destroyer
- Oni, lot of help from the 'Commissioned Crews' creator, Timid, for HD Commission Mod

- silentstormpt, for directing me to LazyWizard's guide.
- IceXuick, for his sheet of doodads. Could lazily decorade my huge laser cannon with it. <3 Laziness
- Ember, testing, with video feedback even.
- Silver Silence, testing, feedback.
- echosierraalpha, Lore Keeper
[close]

download
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/824910699415207937/988771933019594812/Hiigaran_Descendants.update.approved.DIY.by.DWARDEN.v211.rc4.7z

i hope others can enjoy this great mod just like i do

thanks for your time to answer

Hey, just so you know, blueprints are broken. They are not working for example for weapons making it impossible to build up the hiigaran fleet :)

Small edit, the rare ship blueprints is easy to fix, the name in the tags on the csv file is different from the special_items.csv inside the campaign file,  easiest fix is going into campaign folder, open special_items.csv, and changing for the rare blueprints which is row 7, from hii_rare_ship_bp to hii_ship_rare_bp , this would fix the blueprint package for rare ships.  Weapons one is still evading me, I tried changing the params column on special_items.csv into a different one for the weapons packages, then change it to match on the tags on the csv, and so on and nothing. I will try a bit more and hopefully upload a fix here for both CSV.

I fixed the blueprints, rare ship plus weapons and such, it was a simple issue of a capital letter in the first letter of a column on the weapon.csv file, it should have been tags instead of Tags.  However, Since I did a bunch of other changes to fix the other blueprints issue I found besides the weapons one I am reuploading here the mod folder with the changes I did, if its not ok to reupload that fix by Dwarden , let me know. Only change I did was the special_items.csv , hulls.csv and weapons.csv to match up so blueprints packages populate and work.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jubydze4idxia08/Hiigaran_Descendants.update.approved.DIY.by.DWARDEN.v211.rc4.zip/file
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 11:43:07 PM by Mytre »

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 23, 2022, 11:35:15 PM »

Can someone tell me the issue of the blueprints? They have no content and I looked everywhere in the folder yet I see nothing blueprint related where do I enable and modify them, I find my immersion ruined after locating all hiigaran ships and fighters yet ultimately unable to produce their weapons myself. My immersion is ruined.

I fixed that issue, posted it right above this reply,  quoting you so you get a notification.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 11:43:30 PM by Mytre »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 24, 2022, 05:54:25 AM »

i've already done more changes since including fixing the weapons ...

so i'm at RC5 now

the issue is that now there is huge performance drop (to like 10fps) when with those BPs when inventory opened so need to fix that before sharing

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:11:39 AM by Dwarden »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hiigaran Descendants v2.1.1.rc5
« Reply #927 on: July 24, 2022, 10:46:04 AM »

v2.1.1 RC5
changelog vs RC4
+ more bp / category fixes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1000581311083327528/1000820345986613378/Hiigaran_Descendants.update.approved.DIY.by.DWARDEN.v211.rc5.7z

note: the BP icons are disabled in settings.json because if active, there is massive performance drop if you have lot of mods ...

but the blueprint packages shall work just fine ...

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #928 on: July 26, 2022, 01:56:17 AM »

Awesome. ;)
I've updated the link in the main post.

sy5temVX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hiigaran Descendants v2.1.1.rc5
« Reply #929 on: August 02, 2022, 06:54:36 AM »

v2.1.1 RC5
changelog vs RC4
+ more bp / category fixes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1000581311083327528/1000820345986613378/Hiigaran_Descendants.update.approved.DIY.by.DWARDEN.v211.rc5.7z

note: the BP icons are disabled in settings.json because if active, there is massive performance drop if you have lot of mods ...

but the blueprint packages shall work just fine ...

I've noticed that the mod does require MagicLib to function but is not shown in dependencies list.

Just a tiny issue, but hopefully it can be corrected in next update :)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64