Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 467104 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #900 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:39 PM »

I go full armor on the best, i also have a hull mod that further increase armor at the price of the shield, wait i think its vanilla, anyway, they barelly ever make it through my armor and i can shoot really often. Sure once in a while if i want to sajuuk the hell out of a ship i have to hold fire a few second for the flux to quickly fall down. Max dissipation, full armor, weapons that are low flux, with the amount of mounts you dont want high OP weapon but lots of smaller one will easily compensate. main gun on main target and everything else on auto-fire and it deletes almost everything really fast.

Holding fire will make the ship come closer to you wich prevent them from skirting your max range and flee. Let them come close then open up and see the firework. I also have the hull mod that make zero flux boost active at any point as long you are not firing, ever saw a 121 speed sajuuk-khar coming in right nexdt to you gun slient then unleash hell? well i love doing that.

Gak cannot attach imiage because it goes past 192kb... can we get into 2022 already? 192 is the size of an icon these days...

Or just use weapons that interfere with opfor movement:) Or just max out your ranged mods.

Zdubfreelancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 24, 2022, 11:49:44 PM »

how do you get this mod to run with rc-6?

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:07 AM »

how do you get this mod to run with rc-6?
Download the bombasticmori 0.95a version, change the mod_info file in the mod folder to the current game version of '0.95.1a-RC6'.

That's it really.

Commissioned Crews is actually pretty easy to support; you can implement it yourself if you want, all the instructions are in the thread, and there's a template.

It took me about an evening; you might need longer, but it's simple enough once you grasp the basics.
Sadly it's just not clicking with me. I've never programmed so...

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 28, 2022, 10:20:47 AM »

Well, double post not withstanding I've managed to cobble together a 'Commissioned Crews' bonus for the Hiigarans thanks to a lot of help from Timid (original author of 'Commissioned Crews').
I want to thank them again for their patience regarding my clueless self.

Hiigaran Odyssey = Reduces monthly supply and fuel use by 15%

Edit: New link = https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12vdzSzIBGbA5QaKUQSjJzs5oB7z0jecx

Let me know if the link doesn't work, make sure to read the instructions as it needs to be merged with the main mod.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:36:46 AM by Oni »

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 28, 2022, 01:51:02 PM »

I go full armor on the best, i also have a hull mod that further increase armor at the price of the shield, wait i think its vanilla, anyway, they barelly ever make it through my armor and i can shoot really often. Sure once in a while if i want to sajuuk the hell out of a ship i have to hold fire a few second for the flux to quickly fall down. Max dissipation, full armor, weapons that are low flux, with the amount of mounts you dont want high OP weapon but lots of smaller one will easily compensate. main gun on main target and everything else on auto-fire and it deletes almost everything really fast.

Holding fire will make the ship come closer to you wich prevent them from skirting your max range and flee. Let them come close then open up and see the firework. I also have the hull mod that make zero flux boost active at any point as long you are not firing, ever saw a 121 speed sajuuk-khar coming in right nexdt to you gun slient then unleash hell? well i love doing that.

Gak cannot attach imiage because it goes past 192kb... can we get into 2022 already? 192 is the size of an icon these days...

Or just use weapons that interfere with opfor movement:) Or just max out your ranged mods.
For me it doesnt seem to work as they always skirt at max range and bigguer ship can tank just enough to leave when facing big wall of them. That way i can chase them and just not care about being shot. I still hate reapers tho, dang i hate them.

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 16, 2022, 05:02:42 PM »

Well, double post not withstanding I've managed to cobble together a 'Commissioned Crews' bonus for the Hiigarans thanks to a lot of help from Timid (original author of 'Commissioned Crews').
I want to thank them again for their patience regarding my clueless self.

Hiigaran Odyssey = Reduces monthly supply and fuel use by 15%

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vdzSzIBGbA5QaKUQSjJzs5oB7z0jecx/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if the link doesn't work, make sure to read the instructions as it needs to be merged with the main mod.

the links makes you request access with a google account :) if you can upload it again or leave it so anyone can download it ? or upload it somewhere else. Awesome of you to share it btw

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 17, 2022, 12:22:01 PM »

the links makes you request access with a google account :) if you can upload it again or leave it so anyone can download it ? or upload it somewhere else. Awesome of you to share it btw
Try this: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12vdzSzIBGbA5QaKUQSjJzs5oB7z0jecx

Let me know if it works.

By the way, I was poking around Nexus Mods and saw something called "Hiigaran's resurgence" which seemed to have been forked off of an older 0.9.1a build... and still used for 0.9.1a.
Looks pretty dead though, anybody ever play around with that one?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:27:58 PM by Oni »

Mr. Biggles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 25, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »

Can someone please show me how to add the goliath and black swan to ship data? i know where the folder is. I just dont know what to type. Thank you

Glendening

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 15, 2022, 03:41:33 AM »

So I was having an odd issue. My Hiigaran bombers were acting weird. Not doing bombing runs and just hanging out at their carrier. I looked into the files and found they had been set to SUPPORT rather than BOMBER. Changing it to BOMBER solved the issue of them not going out to attack. Was this something that was changed recently? Is it possible another mod changed the file?

Edit: Ah I see the mod is effectively without someone working on it. How would I push or suggest the update that fixes the previously noted issue? I would adopt the mod but I have barely any idea how to mod things in StarSector so that would likely be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:12:48 AM by Glendening »

MKBADDOG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 23, 2022, 08:17:09 PM »

Troop ship not having ground support? Much sad

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 25, 2022, 12:42:12 PM »

Sadly, unless the original author picks it up again or it gets adopted by someone it'll stay pretty much "as is".

That's life I guess.

Usgiyi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 25, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »

It's easy to fix that yourself. Go to "Hiigaran Descendants\data\hulls" and open "hii_saari.ship"
You can just paste
Code
"builtInMods": ["ground_support"],
in the line before "builtInWings": [], So it'll look like:
Code
  ],
  "builtInMods": ["ground_support"],
  "builtInWings": [],
  "center": [
  ],
  "collisionRadius": 182,
Personally I would use "advanced_ground_support" since the Saari can hold 950 crew. Advanced ground support goes up to 200 extra strength instead of only 100.

Berserk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 12, 2022, 10:51:26 PM »

Hello! Where I can find Hiigarian Dreadnought in the game? It's my 3rd playtrought with this mode and I couldn't find it even in Prism Port. I'm not interested in spawning it  but I need a hint where to look!Is it on a distant systems far from the core world or is it a blueprint find in ruins? Has anyone manage to find it?

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2022, 05:36:53 AM »

i made update from my compatibility fixes of Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5 (v3/v4/) and 2.1.0 from bombasticmori
which i had for 0.9x (and older)  and 0.95a and 0.95.1a

i cleaned it up, merged what i had done , fixes or changes or additions

"Hiigaran Descendants Unofficial.bootleg.DIY.DWARDEN.v211.rc1.7z" 9.5MB

change-log and test-log
2.1.1:
+ added Hiigaran BPs for fighters, bombers, interceptors, rares, stations, sync to faction file too
+ re-added archaic (old visuals, lower armament), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added modernized (slightly better), hull+variant of Vraan
+ added 4 skins and variants for Carriers (Sashiir, Taiid, Woodan) with different shipsystem
+ added 4 skins and variants for Drone Carrier (Faal-corum) with different shipsystem
+ added 2 variants of old Turret platform with Flak and Ion weapons
+ added 3 new hull+skin+variant of Turret as Weapon Platform, mobile Crewed/Automated mobile, static Automated
+ added captured (reconditions) Vaygr destroyer hull (from Higaraan's Resurgence mod, thanks Draco)
+ activated usage of Pulsar Bomber at Sashiir carrier (already in data but unused)
+ fixed some crashes in wings of fighters, bombers, interceptors
+ added some ship systems drone wings with fighters, bombers, interceptors, used by skin variants
+ corrected visible text names of hulls
+ tweaked some tags, hints of ships, added descriptions
+ optimized some of the backgrounds to downsize the mod to half
+ merged Commissioned Crew fix (thanks Oni, Timid)
+ all ships, stations, solo/wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are shown at main screen
+ all ships, stations, wing (fighters, bombers, interceptors) are available for combat sim
+ more ships, stations, fighters, bombers, interceptors wings are available for Hiigaran faction
+ all existing and new ship variants available as custom-game Nexerelin start for Hiigaran faction
+ Archaic Vraan, Reconditioned Vaygr destroyer, Crewed Mobile WP hulls available for pirate faction
+ simplified (optimized) some fighters and ship Bound Polygons
+ other tweaks and fixes i forgot
-(in theory save compatible but more likely not, on own risk)
 !!

0.95.1a tested :
Spoiler

codex :Vote_Check:
missions :Vote_Check:
simulator :Vote_Check:
benchmark :Vote_Check:
start new game (vanilla) :Vote_Check:
start new game (nexerelin) :Vote_Check:
outfitting :Vote_Check:
playing :Vote_Check:
new ships / variants appear at market :Vote_Check:
AI uses new variants / ships :Vote_Check:
Hiigaran commission works  :Vote_Check:
leaving game whole night on UI screen :Vote_Check:
no suspicious startsector.log spam :Vote_Check:
no obvious memory leak detected :Vote_Check:

[close]

credits were updated too, like Oni's fix for Commissioned Crews

Spoiler
Gotcha! and all original credits for making the mod in the first place!
NoFoodAfterMidnight for helping improve the 0.9.1a update
Bombasticmori for updating the mod to 0.9.1a and 0.95a

Cycerin for Blackrock Drive Yards whose source code really helped me understand the coding side of the game
Starsector wiki for their modding guides, a huge help in finding things in need of update

Original Credits by Gotcha! below:
Huge thanks:
Original ship art and turrets (used with permission, this guy's awesome):
Kalthaniell

Original image used for portraits:
Guesscui (Link has died.)

Planet art:
Duael Designs LLC & Robert Stein - New Hiigara
Planet Creator, Christian Hart - Jakuul, Koya, Daiamid, Maal

Special thanks:
- Trylobot, Trylobot's STARSECTOR Ship Editor. Seriously, you, sir, are awesome and I salute you. I can't imagine having to create ships without it.
- Thule, for allowing me to adapt his 'contract' script.
- LazyWizard <3
- Wyvern and Lazywizard, for their Saved Variant Extractor.
- Fractal Softworks, for allowing people to create modifications and, ofcourse, creating this game.
- Relic, r.i.p. Thank you for blessing the world with two great games. /melodramatic
- megal00t and Relic, Homeworld 2 cruiser, carrier and corvette render.
- echosierraalpha, New Hiigara vs The Dominion story.
- EMN/DRACO for reconditioned Vaygr destroyer
- Oni, lot of help from the 'Commissioned Crews' creator, Timid, for HD Commission Mod

- silentstormpt, for directing me to LazyWizard's guide.
- IceXuick, for his sheet of doodads. Could lazily decorade my huge laser cannon with it. <3 Laziness
- Ember, testing, with video feedback even.
- Silver Silence, testing, feedback.
- echosierraalpha, Lore Keeper
[close]

waiting for approval from Gotcha mainly so i can post it here

note:
i discussed with bombasticmori in DM/forum years ago fixing of mods like HD to work on newer StarSector versions
and similar with Draco too but not sure if it was discord or forums, again many years ago
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:39:13 AM by Dwarden »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2022, 06:22:48 PM »

.... waiting for approval from Gotcha mainly so i can post it here....
???
Do you need approval?

I mean, it's still good to ask but he did write "This mod has been abandoned by its main author for now. If you want to update/remake it, feel free" into the  first post.
I'm pretty sure that means you're in the clear unless he decides to change it later or it gets officially adopted.  :-\

PS: Did you remember to give the Troop Ships ground support and check the bomber AI?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:24:58 PM by Oni »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64