Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466939 times)

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #870 on: May 06, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »

You're very welcome of course, especially since you're doing old fans and me a favour. I'm happy this old mod still holds some interest. (My other mod seems to have died though. Ah well. :P)
Unfortunately I can't commit to updating the mod itself, and doubt I will be able to in the future.
If you drop a new update, feel free to PM/email me; I'll also try to check this topic once in a while.

If you or someone else wants to take over this mod, I'm also fine with this person opening a new topic so they can maintain the mod themselves, after which I could ask a mod to close this topic.
Someone else did this at some point though, and then shortly abandoned it afterwards, leaving a duplicate topic floating about. It'd take some dedication.

While I do really like this mod and don't mind updating it here and there, I really shy away from claiming it outright as I have gone on long absences for other mods I've worked on before. I took me about 2-3 years to eventually come back and finish my big mod for Fallout 4, during which I was extremely anxious about working on it.  My anxiety on these things has gotten better as of late, but I don't want to risk taking over and subsequently abandoning this project and letting everyone down.  As long as you're still OK with it, I may push a few polish updates here and there, but unless the moderators say we need to make a new thread or you decide to leave the forums entirely I'd rather keep things how they have been.

This all being said I totally get you not coming back to this, as it can be crazy hard to back into modding a game you haven't touched in a while. While part of what kept me away from that Fallout 4 mod I mentioned was anxiety, part of it was...I just forgot how to use all the tools.  You're totally fine, and I appreciate you giving me and others the opportunity to continue it, even if its only small changes.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »

As long as you're still OK with it, I may push a few polish updates here and there, but unless the moderators say we need to make a new thread or you decide to leave the forums entirely I'd rather keep things how they have been.

Of course I'm okay with that. I'd be silly not to be. ;) Anyone keeping my old stuff alive is a national treasure.
I doubt the moderators would ever say that. The suggestion for a possible new topic comes solely from me, but I totally get not wanting the pressure that might come with that.

No worries about anything, man, no anxiety needed (although as a fellow anxiety sufferer I know that's easier said than done ;D), only do what fits inside your comfort zone. *thumbs up*

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 08, 2021, 11:35:41 AM »

RE: Balance;
- Ion beams feel a bit underpowered. Mind you, their low OP cost and low flux gen means that isn't too much of a problem, I think? They just don't seem very capable as weapons.
- Pulsars might be a little bit overpowered?
- Sequenced Ion Artillery absolutely ruins Remnant Nexi with massive ion chains that knock out half the station with each shot, even if they hit shields. Very satisfying when they work. They don't seem to be quite as cripplingly deadly against lower-tech stations or ships (even Remnant ones) though, so I'm not sure how to feel about that.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 13, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »

Ion beams arent supposed to be dps weapons....they do there job quite well as it is, namely knocking systems offline and pressuring shields. Heavy mount ion beams are pretty ruinous against anything cruiser size or smaller.

Pulsars are medium ranged at 800(imo), not quite as short as say Plasma Drivers at 700, but still pretty short. Both work well at their respective ranges for what they are.

Sequenced Ion Artillery is great against large targets, but very much not great against small targets:) Its also a big(in terms of OP) slow firing flux chunker. You can also potentially hit yourself with the blast. Seems to be fairly well balanced in my opinion vs just mounting a large Kinetic like the Tsbrak Cannon or Styrix/Alteria.

Plaje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »

Anyone tried this mod in 0.95a? I get the error "fatal error loading cannonhiteffect, imported class magiclensflare could not be loaded".

My understanding is this is a problem with lazylib, but I have both lazylib and this mod installed (and checked) to the most recent versions and nobody else is reporting an error on the forum so I'm not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: I missed the part that says I need magiclib as I was reading through somehow, should be OK now
EDIT2: actually reading back it looks kind of ambiguous, I initially though magiclib was only needed for that 0.91 version since magiclib is only on that same line as that mod
EDIT3: still doesn't work now I have a fatal error loading graphics base_trail_contrail.png isn't found in the folder it's supposed to be in apparently and the path looks wrong, i feel like im back at work now so im going to take a nap and do this tomorrow lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:45:35 PM by Plaje »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 01, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »

Anyone tried this mod in 0.95a? I get the error "fatal error loading cannonhiteffect, imported class magiclensflare could not be loaded".

My understanding is this is a problem with lazylib, but I have both lazylib and this mod installed (and checked) to the most recent versions and nobody else is reporting an error on the forum so I'm not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: I missed the part that says I need magiclib as I was reading through somehow, should be OK now
EDIT2: actually reading back it looks kind of ambiguous, I initially though magiclib was only needed for that 0.91 version since magiclib is only on that same line as that mod
EDIT3: still doesn't work now I have a fatal error loading graphics base_trail_contrail.png isn't found in the folder it's supposed to be in apparently and the path looks wrong, i feel like im back at work now so im going to take a nap and do this tomorrow lol
Are you using bombasticmori's unofficial 2.1 update? That's what I use and it's never given me problems.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6347.msg320165#msg320165

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 02, 2021, 03:27:40 AM »

Just here to tell gotcha how cool bushi was.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Plaje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 02, 2021, 07:01:59 AM »

Are you using bombasticmori's unofficial 2.1 update? That's what I use and it's never given me problems.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6347.msg320165#msg320165
Yeah that's the exact one I'm using. Not sure what to do anymore. Do you have this file in any of your starsector folders? The base_trail_contrail.png file? Says it should be in the magiclib graphics folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\MagicLib\graphics\magic\fx and it isn't there.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 02, 2021, 01:59:43 PM »

.... Yeah that's the exact one I'm using. Not sure what to do anymore. Do you have this file in any of your starsector folders? The base_trail_contrail.png file? Says it should be in the magiclib graphics folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\MagicLib\graphics\magic\fx and it isn't there.
Yeah, it's there ( Starsector\mods\MagicLib\graphics\magic\fx ). A 6.46kb PNG file.

I'm using the latest version of Magiclib (v0.34rc2). I assume you've tried re-downloading it?

Plaje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 02, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »

.... Yeah that's the exact one I'm using. Not sure what to do anymore. Do you have this file in any of your starsector folders? The base_trail_contrail.png file? Says it should be in the magiclib graphics folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\MagicLib\graphics\magic\fx and it isn't there.
Yeah, it's there ( Starsector\mods\MagicLib\graphics\magic\fx ). A 6.46kb PNG file.

I'm using the latest version of Magiclib (v0.34rc2). I assume you've tried re-downloading it?
Thanks for looking. I'm not sure what happened exactly but I'm using the same version of magiclib. Somehow it was missing some of the extracted files. I extracted it again and copied the folder over the old one and finally got it working :) Also the mod requires graphicslib and that isn't in the description, but that was easy enough to correct.

But, now I'm sad because it seems like they changed the sajuuk khar or something? Maybe I'm thinking of something else? I remember loving that ship and it was the whole reason I downloaded the mod again lol. I remember having a big fleet with a ton of super-laser ships. Now it's 100dp to deploy? Was it always that way or was there another ship that had the laser? I'm so confused, this definitely isn't what I remember playing with before :(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:06:16 PM by Plaje »

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 03, 2021, 01:39:34 AM »

The Sajuuk Khar is basically unstoppable even by itself with a decent weapons setup honestly, so the high deployment cost is pretty reasonable if you can actually get your hands on one. If you have one then you've essentially won the game unless you're playing against some really OP mod content.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #881 on: October 04, 2021, 01:17:31 PM »

Just here to tell gotcha how cool bushi was.
Thanks! Do feel free to revive it if you like. I don't think I'll ever get around to doing it myself. :(

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 30, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »

This mod should be added to the mod index :) I really like this mod and always come back to it and make it my main allied faction

noman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 31, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »

Hello nice author.

This is great mod but did you notice Large Station going to make crash because hii_tarii_wing not found when try to use ship's system to summon drones?
We fixed it ourselves for private use but info you as well to let you decide should fix it for someone who are not send skill points in code edit or not.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 01, 2021, 10:05:44 PM »

If I may ask, how does one acquire the Sajuuk-Khar? Do you just randomly find one on the Hiigaran market after a while, or do you have to do a quest like what Arkgneisis does with the Salvation Cruiser?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 64