Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466952 times)

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »

Would it be too much to ask for this mod to get updated to 0.9.5a? :) or can someone point me on what would this mod and the unoficcial updates would need to update so I could attempt it? I love this mod so much and without i feel like my game is missing the most important part.

DemonicSquid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 17, 2021, 02:22:04 PM »

Would it be too much to ask for this mod to get updated to 0.9.5a? :) or can someone point me on what would this mod and the unoficcial updates would need to update so I could attempt it? I love this mod so much and without i feel like my game is missing the most important part.

If you read the very first post it will give you some pointers. The mod has been abandoned, however, you are free to attempt to update it if you want to.

For tips on modding there are a huge bunch of resources in the modding tools section.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 19, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »

I did a thing while trying to avoid my school coding projects.

Tested and Updated for 0.95a.  Testing was brief, I know the system spawns, ships works, combat works and the weapons do work and can kill things.  This was just a code recompile and very slight refactor for 0.95 based on NoFoodAfterMidnight's version, nothing outside of the java was changed, and due to school being crazy right now I probably won't be able to fix balance stuff. But it works!

If there are any seriously game-breaking issues let me know and I can attempt to look at them.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 20, 2021, 03:02:32 AM »

Tested and Updated for 0.95a.  Testing was brief, I know the system spawns, ships works, combat works and the weapons do work and can kill things.  This was just a code recompile and very slight refactor for 0.95 based on NoFoodAfterMidnight's version, nothing outside of the java was changed, and due to school being crazy right now I probably won't be able to fix balance stuff. But it works!

If there are any seriously game-breaking issues let me know and I can attempt to look at them.

Awesome! I will give it a try at some point. The dreadnought is calling my name.....

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 23, 2021, 06:03:15 PM »

Amazing :) will test it soon.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 23, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »

I've been playing a full game with it and so far no issues at all.  Weapons are actually pretty good but don't seem too OP either.
Lover of moths

acount

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 26, 2021, 07:45:27 PM »

can't add heavy interceptor because it breaks my game.

acount

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2021, 07:31:51 AM »

Really liking this mod ALOT ;D brings back memories of braking my pc.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 28, 2021, 11:21:28 PM »

Interesting. I haven't had any issues with it but i'll look into it

Edit: Just did a battle with a Tarii wing and it worked fine for me.  If it happens again, could you post your starsector.log file?  Not sure what the problem might be.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:34:57 PM by bombasticmori »
Lover of moths

acount

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 29, 2021, 03:28:39 AM »

i tested it and it suddenly worked!
is it some kind of incompatibility with other mods, i just re-installed one mod because there's a new update.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 29, 2021, 10:08:40 AM »

I have no idea what the issue could have been in the first place, but glad its working for you.
Lover of moths

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #866 on: April 29, 2021, 11:12:27 AM »

Thank you, bombasticmori; I've put a link to your version in the main post. :)

Voracioush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 03, 2021, 01:02:28 PM »

Thanks for updating this and making it compatible!  Been playing with it and love Homeworld.  Works fine with a bunch of others in .95. 

Only issue I have had is that the faction seem weaker right now compared to others when I fight them (slow, low damage).  I need to run some of their ships and take a good look.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 03, 2021, 07:02:09 PM »

Thanks for updating this and making it compatible!  Been playing with it and love Homeworld.  Works fine with a bunch of others in .95. 

Only issue I have had is that the faction seem weaker right now compared to others when I fight them (slow, low damage).  I need to run some of their ships and take a good look.

Interesting. my game as them I did quite well, but i also wasn't exclusively using Hiigaran weapons. The mod absolutely needs a balance pass.  I can't do anything at the moment because its crunch time with school, but I graduate in a couple weeks so I may look into it, but no promises. Its one of those things thats really daunting to me.

Edit: can definitely say the Sajuuk needs a speed boost because holy crap. It was my flagship for a while and it was painful to maneuver, but it shredded stuff when it got into position. If you see anything that's really noticeable let me know.

Also thank you Gotcha! for updating things! I like this mod so I didn't want to risk seeing it die.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:04:53 PM by bombasticmori »
Lover of moths

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #869 on: May 06, 2021, 12:45:28 PM »

Also thank you Gotcha! for updating things! I like this mod so I didn't want to risk seeing it die.

You're very welcome of course, especially since you're doing old fans and me a favour. I'm happy this old mod still holds some interest. (My other mod seems to have died though. Ah well. :P)
Unfortunately I can't commit to updating the mod itself, and doubt I will be able to in the future.
If you drop a new update, feel free to PM/email me; I'll also try to check this topic once in a while.

If you or someone else wants to take over this mod, I'm also fine with this person opening a new topic so they can maintain the mod themselves, after which I could ask a mod to close this topic.
Someone else did this at some point though, and then shortly abandoned it afterwards, leaving a duplicate topic floating about. It'd take some dedication.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 64