Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466937 times)

Mahalah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2020, 08:20:45 AM »

Where or how to get Sajuuk Khar ship? There is no BP and no Bounty, so where do I get it?

you may find one in sufficiently big hiigaran military market but it's like, 10 times rarer than the Paragon
it also has a very low chance to appear in the biggest hiigaran fleet, an easy way to spawn one is to request a huge fleet (> 2000 fleet power) from a hiigaran market by the nexerelin special command dialog

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2020, 09:17:09 AM »

Where or how to get Sajuuk Khar ship? There is no BP and no Bounty, so where do I get it?

you may find one in sufficiently big hiigaran military market but it's like, 10 times rarer than the Paragon
it also has a very low chance to appear in the biggest hiigaran fleet, an easy way to spawn one is to request a huge fleet (> 2000 fleet power) from a hiigaran market by the nexerelin special command dialog

Ty a lot!

Mahalah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2020, 05:18:42 AM »

Ty a lot!

btw which version of the mod are you using? in NoFoodAfterMidnight's version (v5) the Sajuuk-Khar will not spawn in markets and random fleets as there's no blueprint for it

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 16, 2020, 10:32:29 PM »

I'm sorry for this request, but is it possible to see the real sajuuk? That ship is magnificent and unless you lose it in the homeworld campaign in theory the hiigaran will keep it

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 17, 2020, 02:32:54 AM »

this mod is inactive so it's unfortunately unlikely to be updated unless someone like nofood picks it up again. also don't really think the sajuuk would translate well to starsector's top-down style, it'd just kinda look like a boring featureless wedge. maybe if it was on its side or something but then it'd be asymmetrical and not in the good way.
Spoiler
pic related
[close]

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 17, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »

this mod is inactive so it's unfortunately unlikely to be updated unless someone like nofood picks it up again. also don't really think the sajuuk would translate well to starsector's top-down style, it'd just kinda look like a boring featureless wedge. maybe if it was on its side or something but then it'd be asymmetrical and not in the good way.
Spoiler
pic related
[close]

I think it would look good, if I knew how to add it I would do it, right now just improve the weapons, especially the one belonging to said nabe which is a short very long range ships, I think it would be very well seen from above since I have some that Another mod that adds ships that are flat in that sense and the sajuuk if done well, thanks to its size its unique details would be seen, such as the brightness that runs throughout the hull when firing the cutter - it is the name that I have given to his weapon, I don't remember what it was really called XD -

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 20, 2020, 03:53:43 AM »

Ok, I've been playing around with this and trying to do a balance pass in what little free time I have. My only issue so far is an occasional ctd with the error "failed to find hii_tarii_wing" which is afaik always a missing entry in the ships csv file, and maybe I'm dumb but I can not for the life of me find anything anywhere with the name tarii, not in the wings, not in the hulls, not in the variants. Anyone else have this issue or know where I should look?

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 20, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »

Ok, I've been playing around with this and trying to do a balance pass in what little free time I have. My only issue so far is an occasional ctd with the error "failed to find hii_tarii_wing" which is afaik always a missing entry in the ships csv file, and maybe I'm dumb but I can not for the life of me find anything anywhere with the name tarii, not in the wings, not in the hulls, not in the variants. Anyone else have this issue or know where I should look?

The same thing happens to me, I balanced all the weapons and ships, now they are as what they should be at a realistic price, but always in a certain situation the game tries to spawn that wing and exploits java, I tried to find the problem but I can't find it, according to the file it must be a fighter, the problem is which one, there is a star wars mod that happened the same thing but in large ships and it was due to some wrong weapon according to its author

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 20, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »

The same thing happens to me, I balanced all the weapons and ships, now they are as what they should be at a realistic price, but always in a certain situation the game tries to spawn that wing and exploits java, I tried to find the problem but I can't find it, according to the file it must be a fighter, the problem is which one, there is a star wars mod that happened the same thing but in large ships and it was due to some wrong weapon according to its author

Yeah, I've looked in every file, can't find anything named tarii in title screen variants, wings, hulls, variants, etc. But I added a ballistic variant of the sajuuk, so that's nice at least.

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 20, 2020, 11:58:32 AM »

Yeah, I've looked in every file, can't find anything named tarii in title screen variants, wings, hulls, variants, etc. But I added a ballistic variant of the sajuuk, so that's nice at least.

First of all, what version do you have? I understand that V5 is incomplete, I have 2.0.4 but I have the same error, the difference in your case is that everything is in its place

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2020, 05:01:11 PM »

First of all, what version do you have? I understand that V5 is incomplete, I have 2.0.4 but I have the same error, the difference in your case is that everything is in its place

I'm also using the 2.0.4 version. I've given up for now, but if anyone comes across a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 23, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »

I am going to try to take over from the mod and turn it into a Homeworld mod not only of the hiigaran, I do not promise anything I am new to this

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 27, 2020, 07:49:29 AM »

For now I have only added one ship, as I am new to this I will try to do this as quickly as possible, all the possible help is appreciated, I have also done a bit of balancing in the ships that are still balancing, the main objective is realism at certain points

Hiigaran's Resurgence

baguette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 21, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »

About this error, I think I found what was causing it. Under root/data/shipsystems/hii_drone_interceptor_wing.system, change "droneVariant":"hii_tarii_wing" on line 6 to "droneVariant":"hii_tarii_interceptor" (save a backup copy of the file first). It's funny to see I'm not the only person who was interested in doing a balance pass and subsequently tried to resolve this issue. It'd be interesting to compare our balance changes. I also did a balance pass on vanilla.

Edit: Other miscellaneous changes regarding hii_tarii_wing does nothing for this issue, including removing it from the title screen variants file (it's unrelated). So feel free to revert those files, if you modified them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:54:01 PM by baguette »

Rei Akiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 03, 2021, 03:52:17 AM »

why its empty?? why the Hiigaran weapons BP is empty?? is this intentional? and it gets weirder bcs the faction fleet doctrine didnt even use their own weapon.... why?????????? i cant post the screenshot bcs the file is too big, like im not joking, the weapons blueprint didnt even have the list in it, and i cant right click to learn it??????

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64