Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466941 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.9.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4
« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2019, 02:02:08 AM »

I'd like to keep working on it at some point but with how depressed I've been lately I don't know exactly when that's going to be. For now I'm going to try to push myself to get something out per week...

You've done a lot of work, and I'm grateful (as I am sure others are), but please make yourself your number one priority.
You have no obligations here and are free to drop this at any time. Just a reminder. ;)
As someone who knows depression, I'd like to say: Be well! Looking after your own well-being is what's most important. There's no need to push yourself.

I've put your link in the main post, as well as a direct link from me. (Here's hoping it won't get downloaded a ton, making my ISP hunt me down.)

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 09, 2019, 02:34:55 AM »

To make weapon BP pack work I've changed numbers at the end of each line in Weapon_data.csv (now they increase from 77777 to 77811)

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:11:55 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:24 AM »

The recovery/supplies and pricing need a bit of work, and probably should be matching the price.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:54:32 AM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 09, 2019, 12:54:10 PM »

To make weapon BP pack work I've changed numbers at the end of each line in Weapon_data.csv (now they increase from 77777 to 77811

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for solving that. I *knew* it had something to do with those numbers.  I'm currently away from my computer for the week but I'll try to get an updatell out next week
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:29 PM »

Hey guys, I've spent a few days completely rebalancing and fixing all the bugs in this mod, giving them a cohesive combat style, fixing all the ships' weapon mounts so they're not firing over eachother, and generally reworking a lot of stuff to work in the current version of the game. I think it may be a bit different than the intended vision of the mod originally but I think it works with the Hiigaran lore and ships. I'm wondering if I can post an upload link here, if you guys are interested and okay with it.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 10, 2019, 10:52:15 PM »

Hey guys, I've spent a few days completely rebalancing and fixing all the bugs in this mod, giving them a cohesive combat style, fixing all the ships' weapon mounts so they're not firing over eachother, and generally reworking a lot of stuff to work in the current version of the game. I think it may be a bit different than the intended vision of the mod originally but I think it works with the Hiigaran lore and ships. I'm wondering if I can post an upload link here, if you guys are interested and okay with it.

I'm certainly interested. If you are not allowed to post a link here would you at least send it to me in a PM or something?

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #786 on: October 11, 2019, 01:55:10 AM »

Anyone's free to update my mods, so I don't mind.
I'll put links to both versions in the main post, so people can try out bombasticmori's and yours and they can see for themselves which one they prefer.

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 13, 2019, 10:46:08 PM »

I'll put links to both versions in the main post, so people can try out bombasticmori's and yours and they can see for themselves which one they prefer.

Awesome. Here's the link to my version of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9ew6q0niv0lqoh/Hiigaran_Descendants_v3.zip/file

There's a readme with a description in it in the download

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #788 on: October 14, 2019, 05:28:30 AM »

Awesome. Here's the link to my version of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9ew6q0niv0lqoh/Hiigaran_Descendants_v3.zip/file

There's a readme with a description in it in the download
Okidoke, thanks! Links placed.

Xevecx1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 16, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »

ok so been playing the bombastic release for awhile now and some of the ships are pretty ridiculous some of the things i would do right off the bat

take a good look at turret arcs across the board almost every gun can shoot the same target at all times

kuun-lun missile cruiser is a monstrosity 6! large missile slots and fast racks along with 4 medium ballistics and 2 large ballistics that can all shoot at once(mostly do to the previous turret arcs)and only 35 deployment

dreadnaught should be brought into line with other similar ships at 60 deployment not 45 and again another 5! large missile racks

unlimited peak performance time shouldn't be a thing

theres plenty of other things i noticed but these would be the most prominent things i noticed almost instantly

Xevecx1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 16, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »

just plugged in nofoods version and was instantly happy hes implemented a ton of the stuff i would have likes to see have to play with this one for awhile

also enjoy that you made the sajuuk-khar expensive but even more (argueably)powerful then before(minus the turret arc work and the large missiles but got rid of the fluxing out issues and hard mounted pd)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:51:56 PM by Xevecx1 »

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 17, 2019, 06:28:28 AM »

just plugged in nofoods version and was instantly happy hes implemented a ton of the stuff i would have likes to see have to play with this one for awhile

also enjoy that you made the sajuuk-khar expensive but even more (argueably)powerful then before(minus the turret arc work and the large missiles but got rid of the fluxing out issues and hard mounted pd)

I'm glad you're liking it. I remade the Sajuuk-Khar bigger and badder than before, definitely a powerhouse but it's supposed to be very, very rare and expensive. I wanted to keep the fun factor of such a huge ship without making it *too* good.

Give me any feedback you can :)

Stuffwriter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 17, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »

I like a lot the work you've done with this mod, NoFood. I especially like how you've changed the weapon mounts on the ships themselves.

The ships are substantially more powerful than vanilla, however. Like flatten entire flotillas with a few ships powerful.

Which is fine if that's what you were going for, but if you wanted to get closer to vanilla balance, i'd increase the deployment costs across the board for basically everything.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 17, 2019, 04:10:29 PM »

Hmm, I'd like to try out your version, but I don't want to restart my current save. Do you know if your version will break saves if I directly replace the original one with it?

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 17, 2019, 06:12:39 PM »

I like a lot the work you've done with this mod, NoFood. I especially like how you've changed the weapon mounts on the ships themselves.

The ships are substantially more powerful than vanilla, however. Like flatten entire flotillas with a few ships powerful.

Which is fine if that's what you were going for, but if you wanted to get closer to vanilla balance, i'd increase the deployment costs across the board for basically everything.

My experience is you can do that with just about any good ships, the game is pretty easy when you know how to outfit/use ships. I was going for the typical mod fashion: slightly better than vanilla ships, but not outright overpowered. They're supposed to be tough, but with very poor flux stats and have difficulty doing high sustained DPS; this is innately strong against AI that often don't know when to push the advantage or deal with highly specialized fleets, however, so it's gonna be tough to get right if its even possible. Their stats closely match low-tech ships of the same tier but with worse flux stats, more varied but similar number of mounts, and better engines. Anything specific you think makes them overpowered?

Hmm, I'd like to try out your version, but I don't want to restart my current save. Do you know if your version will break saves if I directly replace the original one with it?

If you replace the version you're using with mine you should be able to continue your save just fine. I'm pretty sure I didn't remove/rename anything so it shouldn't get any errors. You'll probably have some weapons in weird slots on ships though.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64