Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 467048 times)

Stuffwriter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.3
« Reply #765 on: September 27, 2019, 07:05:54 PM »

It looks like he recolored the diable avionics maelstrom.

It looks quite good in blue!

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 28, 2019, 02:36:17 AM »

To celebrate this I painted my flagship hiigaran ^^
Spoiler
[close]

so, this is look of the official export DAM variant into HD sector :)

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 29, 2019, 10:02:42 AM »

Hey, this mod is amazing I am glad it was revived. it would be awesome if it could have the ships from the complex mod such as teh Vortex and their weapons. Or somehow include the vaygr ships :) keep up the awesome work.

edit: I saw you nerfed the sajuuk laser from the dreadnought really bad :c . It is not taht powerful against shields and the flux cost it had on 2.0.2 which is the one I am using had me reaching max flux in one single shot. you sure about those changes? it seems to make the weapon useless ..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:26:26 AM by Mytre »

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 30, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »

Hey, just wanted to say I'm not done working on this, I just haven't got around to looking at it this weekend. I'll try to get some of the rebalance out this week as I'm off school for fall break.

As for the sajuuk-kaar changes, they're still liable to be changed. I just didn't want the weapon to be grossly overpowered like it was. I'll look into tweaking it for the next version
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #769 on: September 30, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »

If you want my advice, be careful with nerfing stuff. Don't take out the fun factor.
The Sajuuk-Khar is supposed to be a one of a kind ship. My idea was that there's literally one in the game, and you can get it after brown-nosing the Hiigarans for a long time. In my opinion it's allowed to be hard-hitting.
Back then the beam wasn't grossly overpowered; it wrecked havoc on enemies with their shields down, sure, but it's also very expensive.

Allow people to have fun with slightly overpowered things. If they find something to be too overpowered, they can leave it in the hangar.
That was my motto back then, and I think that's partly why some people miss this mod.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 30, 2019, 09:06:11 AM »

That or make it like the 14th Legion-class ships that you can find by searching the sector. Just like in the homeworld series where they find Sajuuk out in the middle of nowhere.

You could even make it a quest to find if you are up to it. Although I don't know the effort required to code that personally.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 30, 2019, 10:06:25 AM »

That or make it like the 14th Legion-class ships that you can find by searching the sector. Just like in the homeworld series where they find Sajuuk out in the middle of nowhere.

You could even make it a quest to find if you are up to it. Although I don't know the effort required to code that personally.

Yeah, imagine having to somehow reach center of densely clustered gigantic black holes in order to find this one ship. That would be awesome  ;D

LeoMaximus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 30, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »

sorry just a quick question does the Saari troop transport have a ground support hullmod?

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 30, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »

Hey, just wanted to say I'm not done working on this, I just haven't got around to looking at it this weekend. I'll try to get some of the rebalance out this week as I'm off school for fall break.

As for the sajuuk-kaar changes, they're still liable to be changed. I just didn't want the weapon to be grossly overpowered like it was. I'll look into tweaking it for the next version

I am on 2.0.2 while you work out the quirks haha,ehm. I feel like the sajuuk kaar laser  weapon needs that extra umpf, but it should be a one hit wonder . so maybe you can make it so that firing it leaves your ship overcharged? but still if you hit the whole shot its enough to at least overcharge the enemy. and I think  you could implement other sprites from hw2 to keep the capital ships more awesome too , but that other idea the other person said about making the sajuuk kaar a unique ship sounds enticing. ( though I like my fleet of those), maybe you could make a standard battlecruiser from the hiigaran  but they lack the sajuuk khar, while leaving the unique one with sajuuk khar and extra stuff.

keep the good work.

canned Tomatoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2019, 08:53:12 AM »

I am on 2.0.2 while you work out the quirks haha,ehm. I feel like the sajuuk kaar laser  weapon needs that extra umpf, but it should be a one hit wonder . so maybe you can make it so that firing it leaves your ship overcharged? but still if you hit the whole shot its enough to at least overcharge the enemy. and I think  you could implement other sprites from hw2 to keep the capital ships more awesome too , but that other idea the other person said about making the sajuuk kaar a unique ship sounds enticing. ( though I like my fleet of those), maybe you could make a standard battlecruiser from the hiigaran  but they lack the sajuuk khar, while leaving the unique one with sajuuk khar and extra stuff.

keep the good work.
Do you think an ammo limit would work?
Like the Yamato cannon of the Yamato IBB?
Depending on the power, it could be limited to 5 shots per battle, so it could be used in the right situation, but it can't be spammed to flat out win the battle.

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »

I dont know, its a big laser and in homeworld it was the mainstay of the battlecruiser class, though my memories from that game were from the complex mod which added a lot of lore friendly ships.

I believe that the laser needs to do good damage (not enough to destroy anything one shot unless they are frigates) but there needs to be a hueg drawback after using it , either forced to vent after using it as it basically uses all the flux and there is a hefty cooldown so the next shoot is far apart. I am not too kin on limited ammo for weapons as I like extended engagements.  But having to wait long times between shot, or shooting it forces you to vent your flux or disables all other weapons for a short period would do the trick .

canned Tomatoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »

I dont know, its a big laser and in homeworld it was the mainstay of the battlecruiser class, though my memories from that game were from the complex mod which added a lot of lore friendly ships.

I believe that the laser needs to do good damage (not enough to destroy anything one shot unless they are frigates) but there needs to be a hueg drawback after using it , either forced to vent after using it as it basically uses all the flux and there is a hefty cooldown so the next shoot is far apart. I am not too kin on limited ammo for weapons as I like extended engagements.  But having to wait long times between shot, or shooting it forces you to vent your flux or disables all other weapons for a short period would do the trick .
The upside of scarce ammo would be that it can still be very powerful, like a torpedo weapon, with a decent fire rate(for a finisher type weapon). Compare that with some of the large missile weapons, they never really seem to run out during battle.
In addition, you can increase the ammunition with expanded magazines.
Although an upscaled tachyon lance with longer cooldown could also work.

There is also the problem of it being fun to use.
A drawback like driving up the flux of the ship up and forcing it to vent or disabling the weapons sounds more annoying than anything else.
So ammo or long cooldown sound like the best options.

I would recommend taking the SWP Yamato out for a test run to find out how the wave motion cannon feels like and then decide on it.

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 02, 2019, 05:49:12 PM »

ok on 2.0.2 the sajuuk laser is honestly more or less perfect. i can destroy most ships smaller than cruiser class in a single shot and while firing it doesnt turn fast enough so that if the enemy is paying attention they can get away. cruisers take 2-4 shots depending upon mod with the base game remnant taking the most shots to kill really. ammo based weapons are alright so long as they have a regen of some description on top of the reload. the imperium mod has this problem with a couple cruisers where it has decent weapons but no regen so you run out of ammo far to quickly. so then you have to rely on what are technically the secondary weapons.
i will say that deployment costs need to be doubled at least and i think the ordinance points need to be decreased, its far too easy to have a decent weapon loadout with many hullmods and high levels of flux vents/capacitors. the ships need to be valued higher as well, their a bit cheap.
also i dont know if this is technically a bug but its supposed to be a ship but i cant seem to build the shipyard. i get to the end of the month and nothing for several months. havent tried building the mining station.
trying update seeing what changed.

2.0.3 yeah looking at the sajuuk laser halving the damage was a bit much. do agree with the price increases and the deployment point increase. maybe a little more for both but a step towards balancing. im also seeing the fighters for individual ship sale in all ship categories.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 06:18:21 PM by Demonocolips »

burnlin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 03, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »

few things ive noticed:
1) the sajuuk battleship is far rarer than the sajuuk-khar (it hasn't actually been up for sale while the dreadnaught is almost always available)
2) similar issue with the rathan not being available while the vraan is always around.
3) In game the hiigaran weapons blueprint says "already learned" but when I go to check the available blueprints no hiigaran weapons are there.

hope this isn't just me

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 06, 2019, 01:21:19 AM »

Here is a quick and dirty new release that basically only reverts the damage and flux changes fro the Sajuuk-Kaar and Skaal weapon system. I attempted a few other things to try and solve the non-working weapons blueprint package, but to no avail.  I'd like to keep working on it at some point but with how depressed I've been lately I don't know exactly when that's going to be.  For now I'm going to try to push myself to get something out per week, but I will be on a trip most of next week so anything for that week will be postponed.  Thank you all for your patience.

Link for version 2.0.4 is here: https://mega.nz/#!xR9xAKaI!gAeV1U1OzaAWr_0cRF1p1W2PVllY5x56WRHnr2PoVcg
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64