Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 469657 times)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.0.0
« Reply #510 on: December 11, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

Hey, what's the worst that could ha... *gets sucked out of the nearest airlock*

It's been several hours and he's still alive, definitely a Cylon.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

I think you have to make the Sajuuk-Khar stronger. its pathetic compared to the Sajuuk which is supposed to be weaker. ;D

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2013, 06:55:51 PM »

Not sure if it's supposed to be weaker than the normal Sajuuk.
One problem with the Khar is that it's more of a support ship. With no heavy weaponry and having just one more medium mount than the Koshiir, which is a battlecruiser, it's fairly lightly armed for such a large ship. Last time I played, it's laser was also no different from the one mounted on the Skaal, only that the Khar's laser had a longer burst duration and thus applied damage for longer.
Second problem with the Khar is that laser. Much like the Skaal, use of that laser nearly completely caps out the Khar, putting it in a precarious spot for raising it's shields to defend itself or using it's rather light secondary armaments. If you're not gonna use the laser because of how much flux it uses, you might as well just fly a Koshiir instead as that thing has only a couple less mounts than the Khar without it's laser. A Koshiir is also a smaller target, more maneuverable and doesn't have a crazy price tag.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »

The Sajuuk-Khar can take down entire fleets on its own if used properly AND, and it's a big AND, if you have a good amount of the right perks unlocked, coupled with the right ship mods.
If you lack the proper upgrades, then, yeap, it's a glass cannon, much like its smaller brother, the Skaal. A very large and expensive glass cannon.
So if you want the Sajuuk-Khar to be Death Incarnate, then you'll have to nourish it with high amounts of upgrades, player perks and love.

If you can't give it all that, better not buy it and go for a Skaal instead. ;)

This ship will never be made stronger by my hands. Because if I did, then a fully upgraded one, coupled with a high level player, would dominate any battle.

It has been a while since I've played Starsector. I'm a bit out of it. But that's my take on it. (Not to worry, I'll keep updating my mods, unless Alex makes that technically impossible for my inapt brain. :P)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 28, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »

I've tried. Lv40 characters with 10 or at least 5 in all the nice combat skills for ridiculous venting, longer range, more firepower, venting while shielded, all that good stuff. I cannot make the Khar work as a one-man army. At least not without hopping over into another mod, Davidoff's Loyalists, and filling out the mediums with the crazy high-power, high-yield triple laser cannons. While on the other hand, I bought the Koshiir at like level 10 and it served me all the way to 40+, getting sillier and sillier as it went along. And that little battlecruiser can do my one-man-army thang just fahn~.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #515 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »

Note to self: Nerf Koshiir. ;D

(Just kidding.)

Alright, I'll give in then. What improvements to the Sajuuk-Khar would be wanted, keeping balance in mind. I don't want it to take down the largest Hegemony fleets without breaking a sweat.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 28, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »

id say give it more flux cap so it can actually shot something other than its main gun, or give it different weapons. because the AI cannot fly it, at all.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 28, 2013, 12:06:46 PM »

another point id like to bring up is the singularity cannon, this is a pretty beefy weapon, a bit too much actually, which i've started testing as of late, lets compare it to the plasma cannon, which on paper is the strongest weapon in vanilla.

it does 300 more overall dps, and its constant dps.

it has 300 more base range.

it shoots faster even with the triple shot from the plasma cannon.

it costs 250 less F/S despite shooting faster

and its 5 FP cheaper.

Why, would i pick any other weapon, if this thing exists? ::)

same deal with much of the zorg weapons, but i'll save that for his thread.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #518 on: December 28, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »

Do take into account that the actual projectile of the singularity cannon is slower than the plasma cannon's. So it can be dodged more easily. Or at least that's what I remember. (Damn, I've been out of it for too long.)

Also, in the far future, I'm hoping that I can limit certain weapons to certain ships. Aka HD weapons will only fit on HD ships. :)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 28, 2013, 04:40:53 PM »

I always preferred the Hiigaran equivalent of the autopulse. Singularities use up a little too much flux with each shot for my liking.

Note to self: Nerf Koshiir. ;D

(Just kidding.)

Alright, I'll give in then. What improvements to the Sajuuk-Khar would be wanted, keeping balance in mind. I don't want it to take down the largest Hegemony fleets without breaking a sweat.

FWIW, the Koshiir is a much more efficient ship in terms of cost compared to the Khar. As for improvements on the Khar, possibly a large energy turret or two, or a better superlaser that's worthy of eating up like 70% of the ship's flux at once. Most if not all other battleships can destroy each other if they unloaded enough firepower to use 70% of their flux.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #520 on: January 08, 2014, 06:53:34 PM »

Alright, I am fitting 8 small mounts on the Khar, 6 near the front (3 left, 3 right) and two on the rear.
Going to add three more missile mounts, 2 will use my recently made missile system and will be near the center and the 3rd will be on the front of the ship.
Will also reduce the energy use of the big beam o' power outage.

And gawd, I am soooo rusty. Taking too long of a break is not good.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:29 AM »

Alright, I am fitting 8 small mounts on the Khar, 6 near the front (3 left, 3 right) and two on the rear.
Going to add three more missile mounts, 2 will use my recently made missile system and will be near the center and the 3rd will be on the front of the ship.
Will also reduce the energy use of the big beam o' power outage.

And gawd, I am soooo rusty. Taking too long of a break is not good.
YAY! I LOVE the Khar and can NOT WAIT to test her out! Also, are you going to be buffing other stuff like the OP and flux stuff to balance the additions?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #522 on: January 10, 2014, 06:27:06 AM »

Well, I have to. Otherwise the extra weapons will not fit or would suck her energy dry within seconds. ;)

All small energy mounts will have integrated Hiigaran pulsar beams and the two Opat missile launchers will also be integrated. Are there any objections against that?
I wanted to do this because otherwise I needed to make its OP ridiculously high.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »

If they are integrated, I would make em heavy pulsars
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »

Hmm... I'll consider it. You do understand that the ship will get more expensive now, huh? ;D

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64