Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 469460 times)

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.0.0
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »

How do you procure the bigger ships? All I've seen so far are torpedo gunboats at the stations in the system. I also have the restock mod installed, not sure if that's affecting it. :(

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »

Check the inventory, you should see a Hiigaran badge for sale. buying that should unlock higher tier and bigger ships. also, restock mod is not needed for this mod, as the station will be automatically re-stocked from time to time.

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

Ah, okay. Didn't see a badge last time. Kinda wondered what those things did.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »

Unfortunately it can happen that items disappear, including these badges.
I'm hoping Alex can implement something that'll make certain items stick around, but I think he's way too busy to give feedback about my question. :D'

Anyway, because of this 'bug' I've been thinking about removing this badge system altogether, although I do really like it. First earning trust before being able to buy the tools that could be used against them.

I also saw a thread somewhere, where was explained how you can add text options to stations. I haven't really dug into that, but perhaps it'd be possible to give the player a badge (or in Bushi's case, an implant) through dialog?
To be continued...

molotof

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

I also saw a thread somewhere, where was explained how you can add text options to stations. I haven't really dug into that, but perhaps it'd be possible to give the player a badge (or in Bushi's case, an implant) through dialog?

That would be great way better than a workaround, i think it's more immersive, so better than actual badge system.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »

I agree. I'll go see and ask around what's possible soon. Am not much of a coder myself.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »

I agree. I'll go see and ask around what's possible soon. Am not much of a coder myself.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6926.0

Might find that of use :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »

Well, that's about asteroid interaction. I dunno what I can do with that really.

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »

Well, for what's it worth. I know I'm the new guy here, but I could definately help out modding. I pretty much have 24/7 to myself, due to my disability. If any of you guys need more manpower on any of your mods, just let me know. I don't know anything about modding yet but I'm very willing to learn. :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »

Everyone is 'a new guy' when they first enter a forum. I dunno why that should matter. :)

Anyway, I think I only need help at 'bug' crushing right now, and implementing special dialogues at stations.
'Bug' is put within quotes, because I don't think they're technically bugs.

One is the badges disappearing, which could be solved through dialogue.
The other is the MASSIVE size savegames have when using either one of my mods. :( (20+ mb each, my savegame is 45 mb.)
I don't get where that size would be coming from.

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »

Well, I'm not sure I can help there, but if you need help with testing, I could probably do that. I don't know why it would be generating a massive saved game. Not sure what the issue would be there.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2013, 05:16:51 AM »

Apparently adding new systems greatly increases savegame size, so I stopped believing it's a bug.
It's annoying though. With enough mods installed, saving and loading starts to take considerable time.

If you're still wanting to help, coding wise: I looked at this again (thanks, Taverius) and fooled around with it, so that planets provide this interaction, not asteroids. But I got lost soon after.
- I fail to see how one could single out 1 single planet to provide this behaviour.
- I fail to see how one could replace Supplies with other items.

If you think you'd be able to adapt this so that players that dock at 1 certain planet could buy 1 single item, then I'd really appreciate it. But I can imagine that'd be tough. :-\

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »

Apparently adding new systems greatly increases savegame size, so I stopped believing it's a bug.
It's annoying though. With enough mods installed, saving and loading starts to take considerable time.

If you're still wanting to help, coding wise: I looked at this again (thanks, Taverius) and fooled around with it, so that planets provide this interaction, not asteroids. But I got lost soon after.
- I fail to see how one could single out 1 single planet to provide this behaviour.
- I fail to see how one could replace Supplies with other items.

If you think you'd be able to adapt this so that players that dock at 1 certain planet could buy 1 single item, then I'd really appreciate it. But I can imagine that'd be tough. :-\

Gotcha/Excalibur Bane, have a look at the InteractionDialog from Exerelin I have attached.

I have added a couple of options that when clicked, remove an item from the players fleet and puts it in the station (there is then other code somewhere else that does something with that item but that's not neccesary).

To do this I did the following:
 - Added a couple of new items to the OptionId enum at the top
 - Updated the createInitialOptions method to add the new options under certain conditions
 - Updated the optionSelected method to <do stuff> when those options are selected

To implement your badge idea, you could just do the opposite? If the player selects the option, put the badge in their fleets cargo. Your condition to show the option could be:
station.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("<your badge station name here>")
&&
<some check to make sure they don't already have the badge>

Anyway, hopefully that helps :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

molotof

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2013, 05:32:27 AM »

Sure thing, my Exerelin savedgame take more than 300 Mo, and take some time to load, about twice the time needed to load other save.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2013, 05:53:33 AM »

@Zaphide: Thanks! It looks complicated but I'll do my best to study it.

@molotof: *head exploded*

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 64