Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 469739 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.0.0
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »

Don't worry, I am not touching the Skaal, nor the Sajuuk-Khar.
We were talking about the normal beam weapons, mainly the medium mount ones. ;)

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »

ah. woops.
I feel kinda silly now  :-[

Speaking of balancing though, are you by any chance going to touch on the Fiirkan's supply consumption rate?
at the moment, I believe that the corvette consumes an average of two supplies per day, which is more in line with mid-tier frigates, and double that of the hound's. granted, the hound is the definition of a scrappy little ship, held together by little more than wishful thinking and duck-tape (as opposed to actual spare parts, like other, "normal" ships), but it's also a frigate that holds more cargo and isn't piloted by a measly two people. can we at least make the Fiirkans consume only 1 per day, much like the hound?

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »

Yup. Consider it done.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »

Tossing these in here for now, for people who want to test the missions. :)
http://avatar.home.xs4all.nl/downloads/Starsector/Bushi_06a_v101b.rar
http://avatar.home.xs4all.nl/downloads/Starsector/Hiigaran_Descendants_06a_v101b.rar

HD will break your savegame. Not sure about Bushi.
If you're not interested in testing the missions, better not download them. Not done yet with some things.
Also: Damn, 20 mb per mod.

Changelog so far:
HD: v1.0.1b
- New star system: Halcyon
- New star system: Solitude
- Renamed "New Hiigara" system to "Polaris". Reason: The system would have been known by the vanilla factions, who would have named the system themselves.
  The Hiigarans should not have the right to rename a solar system after barging in someone else's galaxy like that.
- Added tug/freighter frigate.
- Planet Maal's speed reduced as a precaution, player's fleet should not have issues trying to go through Maal's jump hole.
- Hiigaran Badge of Admiralty's price reduced by half.
- Two of Vraan's turret mounts (rear left and rear right) are now universal. Also Vraan missile variant added.
- Added Sindrian Diktat and Regime to New Hiigara's neutral list.
- Added Fragmentation version of Tviir.
- Added 3 missions!
- Lowered supply cost of Fiirkan to 1.
- Reduced damage of medium sustained beam.
- Changed background for 2/3rd of systems.

Bushi: v1.0.1b
- New star system: Hades
- New star system: Cygnus
- Added tug/freighter frigate.
- Planet Zetsubo's speed halved, player's fleet should not have issues anymore trying to go through Zetsubo's jump hole.
- Added Sindrian Diktat and Regime to Bushi's hate list.
- After getting the chip implant, EVERY FACTION out there will be hostile with you, even mod ones, apart from Bushi itself ofcourse. Thanks, Darloth!
- Added 3 missions!
- Changed background for 2/3rd of systems.

Still to do: Removing weapon mounts/reducing size of weapon mounts/adding universal weapon mounts for several ships.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 25, 2013, 02:05:34 PM »

Changelog so far:
- Two of Vraan's turret mounts (rear left and rear right) are now universal. Also Vraan missile variant added.
- Added Fragmentation version of Tviir.

There is a god. His name is Gotcha.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »

If there was, then there would be a lot of lightnings crashing down from the sky, striking anyone down who violates human rights. ::)

I made an error by the way. There's a HD dependency in the Bushi mod. That's no problem, as long as HD is present when you enable Bushi.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »

hmm... for some strange reason, the game crashes every time I try to run a simulation, it just shows a null error (practically) every time. this makes it rather difficult to test out new ships and weapons :(
also, heavy pulsars are available for refit in the missions menu. as hilarious as having powerful PDs with no ordnance cost is, I don't think that's entirely intentional.  ;)

last point: Tviir Frag is somewhat... underwhelming :(

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »

k just a bug report

the pulsar beam light guns come in two flavors normal and heavy and the heavy ones dont cost any ordinence points

im assuming the heavy pulsar beams are meant to be a nonremovable gun on a specific ship but ive been buying it at alot of the different stations around the systems.

mods activated

Bushi 1.0.0
Hiigaran Descendants 1.0.0
Kadur Theocracy 1.0.3
lazylib1.5
Zorg v12a

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2013, 01:09:40 AM »

The Koshiir class Battlecruisers sensor drones are stationary on the left side of the ship like the bombers and interceptors, only there are only 2 sensor drones at any one time..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:40 AM »

The Koshiir class Battlecruisers sensor drones are stationary on the left side of the ship like the bombers and interceptors, only there are only 2 sensor drones at any one time..
I believe that all sensor drone shipsystems have 2 drones. Because their mane role is to extend weapons range, they lack in numbers and roaming capability. You can check with the vanilla cruiser Apogee, it has sensor drones too.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »

@echosierraalpha:
- I don't have those crashes. What does the crash log say?
- Damn heavy pulsars again. I fixed it but had to rollback to an older weapons.csv because OpenOffice ruined it. Forgot to change it again. Consider it fixed.
- What would you want to change about the Tviir frag?

@Demonocolips:
About the heavy pulsars, see above.

@Plasmatic: That's... not a bug.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »

Yeah all sensor comes are weird because they have holding pattern and free range but there's no difference between the two. It's like that in stock, whine to Alex if you want it changed.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »

@ gotcha:

-Forget I said anything about crashes. re installed lazylib and the HD mod and it works fine now :)

-regarding the Tviir frag: The idea behind the frag was that they would (in theory) work best against fast moving wasps. the problem with HE warheads is that they require a direct hit to kill (or even damage) the darn things, since it lacks AOE. Unfortunately, as it is, the wasps are nimble enough to just barely dodge the missiles, and since the Tviir doesn't have much fuel, you can go through multiple salvoes just trying to get a hit. Now, the way I hoped frag would work is that it effectively has a larger AoE, or splash area, and if possible, to have it proximity detonated (not sure if this is possible in-game). if not, simply giving it added AoE (as large as possible without it damaging the other missiles trailing behind it when detonated) will suffice. The idea behind this is that even if the Tviir doesn't destroy the fighter, it might weaken it or, better yet, knock out its engines, making follow-up missile shots much more easier. It doesn't even really matter if the missile damages the fighters as badly. simply snuffing out their engines is enough to make the fighters (temporarily) combat ineffective, as they can't dodge or shoot down the missiles coming at them easily.

In short, echo wants bigger boom. not necessarily more powerful, just bigger.  :D
>.>
<.<
Of course, if you also want to make it more powerful, I'm not one to stop you.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:16:01 AM by echosierraalpha »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »

You know what's strange? Apparently vanilla frag missiles don't have an explosion radius. I dunno what to do.
I could add one, but if my missiles turn out to instakill entire fighter wings, then that'd be kinda overpowered.
It's on my test and todo list.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »

huh. well, it kinda makes sense. the current frag missiles were basically a less powerful HE Tviir with all the disadvantages and none of the advantages  :(

on the note of testing: that's all I can ask for really. Ideally, the Frag Tviir should be able to take down wasp (and maybe piranha) squadrons with ease, while having more difficulty dealing with heavily armored or shielded fighters.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 64