Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 467053 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.5
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »

Nope. Like I said earlier, this particular bunch of Hiigarans originate from the exiled Hiigarans, ~4000 years before the events in Homeworld 1 take place.
They're in an entirely different galaxy now, so the events in Homeworld 1, Cataclysm and 2 will forever be unknown to these people.
Good thing too. I hate those progenitor Keeper ships with a passion.

Also I don't have Vaygr ship art. ;D

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

I decided to record some fights with ships from your mod vs my capital ship (also fought a paragon)
hope you dont mind me posting the fights against your mod here :P

I would say this was one of the closest cap ship fights ive ever had
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-c-33WYFUc&feature=youtu.be

depending how I aproach the dreadnaught depends on whether I survive or not, that laser is brutal to shieldless ships, though outside of that im till fining that ship to be a bit, weak with offensive capabilities
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIPq9IOUBQ

two videos in this one aswell one for each loadout of the ship im fighting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RryxhEl2EI&feature=youtu.be
exploding ship are painfull
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:34:20 PM by Ember »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

I don't mind and I love to watch them. :)

Nice close call and nice wins overall. Too bad about the Sajuuk's loss and tie. (Damn Fortress Shield!)

I do see a huge issue with ships blowing up due to ships blowing up. I wonder if Thule dealt with it somehow in his mod. :S
Also, I am pretty sure someone has created such a thing, but I forgot who. A system to regenerate the hull. I think it'd be great if you had it too, to offset the lack of shields. Nanobots continuously scurrying across your ships' hull to plug them holes.

Your sprites are very good. Dunno how you do that texturing, but it's awesome. :)

Edit: Really the last update until 0.6 comes around:
v1.6
Not compatible with older saves!
- Reduced Hiigaran Defense fleet size by 25%.
- Some ships had an increase in fleet points.
- Removed Restock mod. Added more ships to station. If people are afraid they'll run out (only ships up to destroyer+vaahrok are delivered) they should check out the Omnifactory mod.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:44:32 PM by Gotcha! »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »

Also, I am pretty sure someone has created such a thing, but I forgot who. A system to regenerate the hull.

Valkyrians have it. ValkyriaL's latest doomsday ship to take over from the Vatican IV (an upgraded Yoshura) can regenerate it's hull at something like 3%/s, along with providing several other benefits for the Yoshura's final stand. It only activates when the Yoshura is almost destroyed, it doesn't activate on a whim.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »

Your sprites are very good. Dunno how you do that texturing, but it's awesome. :)

thanks though most of what i do is just adding the hardpoints lights and maybe enhancing the color, most of the texturing is just pasting a texture on the model which I didnt make, I use a program to assemble a bunch of parts to make a ship, near limitless designs possible but it can sometimes be difficult to come up with something that looks good

Also, I am pretty sure someone has created such a thing, but I forgot who. A system to regenerate the hull.

Valkyrians have it. ValkyriaL's latest doomsday ship to take over from the Vatican IV (an upgraded Yoshura) can regenerate it's hull at something like 3%/s, along with providing several other benefits for the Yoshura's final stand. It only activates when the Yoshura is almost destroyed, it doesn't activate on a whim.

Ill see if i can find that and give it a try though maybe change it a bit or something, would like to be able to merge that effect with the faster engine and weapon repairs hull mod I got from Thules mod, just dont have a clue how

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.6.1
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »

v1.6.1
Compatible with 1.6 saves.
- Added Raachok Interceptor wing, wasp-like stats. (Needs new game to appear OR add them through console - 'hii_raachok_wing', OR steal them from Hiigaran fleets)
- Slightly modified fleetspawns. Also added Raachok to fleets.
- Hardpoints sprites updated on many ships. Fit better now.

I have created two immobile turrets, ballistic and energy. Would love to have some ideas what to do with them. Can ships fart out other ships?
Edit: Apart from the drone system thing. I'd love to have a ship have a system where it can launch 3-4 of these turrets and then run out of them.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:59:08 PM by Gotcha! »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »

v1.6.1
Compatible with 1.6 saves.
- Added Raachok Interceptor wing, wasp-like stats. (Needs new game to appear OR add them through console - 'hii_raachok_wing', OR steal them from Hiigaran fleets)
- Slightly modified fleetspawns. Also added Raachok to fleets.
- Hardpoints sprites updated on many ships. Fit better now.

I have created two immobile turrets, ballistic and energy. Would love to have some ideas what to do with them. Can ships fart out other ships?
Edit: Apart from the drone system thing. I'd love to have a ship have a system where it can launch 3-4 of these turrets and then run out of them.

this might be really far-fetched and not exactly what you'd like but what if you give 360 degrees to that mount, and give the turret a teleporter ship system with a few charges but that recharges veeeery slowly and the ship itself has absolutely no propulsion.
the goal would be to allow the "turret" to teleport enough to position itself after which she cant move at all anymore.

dunno if that sounds either genius or completly stupid :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »

Well, the biggest problem would be the AI wasting the teleport charges and places the turrets in some map corner no one is going to visit.
Also, I want to avoid teleportation and other magic for this faction.

The most awesome thing would be if people could give these turrets a move command ONCE, after which the turret drives off to its given location and stays there until the fight's over. (Just like in Homeworld 2 basically.)
I guess that isn't possible. :P

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »

You could make a burn drive system that has only one charge use but you'll still have to deal with the +50 zero flux boost making the platform move.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »

Can ships fart out other ships?

Absolutely. You can modify the drone scripts to spit out any type of ship you want, even for that very same ship so it can spit more or it out of itself. The Schwarm in Neutrino do it if you need an example to copy from. Though they did the wise thing and did not spawn out more schwarn directly instead spawning out cruder copies of itself that can't duplicate after 2 generations.

More than gameplay, this reason is because it can potentially kill your computer if you let it go on for too long. A swarm of schwarms causes massive lag outs on most systems, so that's something to keep in mind.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

That platform is bloody brilliant! these would be incredibly useful for capturing and holding territory.

I too would love to it to be a one-shot affair, but I suspect it would be tougher than expected.
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a modder, but unless I'm mistaken, FlashFrozen's plan might work, but it has some problems, the biggest of which is the lack of control. besides the problem of having to orient the ship exactly (not sure how the ai will react to a ship that has 0 speed if given orders via tac-map) it also has the major problem of not being able to adjust duration of burn. this means that chances are, the ship will overshoot the target location if its too close, or not reach it if its not too far.

I suspect its best if you go with the drone spawn thing that you posted (and flare confirms) perhaps make a platform control destroyer/ frigate that will disable the turrets if destroyed?

I really, really wish I could help you with this, but like I said, I'm not much of a coder :(

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »

Also, I just reallized the full imlications of Flare's post... holy crap man...  :o

Gotcha, if you really want to, you could make a "mothership" of sorts...

After all, one of the strongest faction advantage the hiigarans have is that they have ridiculous build times not only in-game but canonically as well - and this could be an oppurtunity to show that strenght in all of its hilarious, broken glory... a single capship with little or no defenses, but can spit out a practically infinite (but with slow respawn time for balance) frigate-sized ships... I also believe that you can make multiple types appear - see the alien mothership in Okim's ironclad mod for an example of this.

in fact, I suspect that your shipyard model is available and perfect for this role.

;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:38:39 PM by echosierraalpha »

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »

just make it ridiculously expensive and a lot of fleet points if you do make such a ship

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:08 AM »

Also, I just reallized the full imlications of Flare's post... holy crap man...  :o

The Schwarm consists of 6 main Schwarm drones which then deploy 5 of their own copies, EACH. 30 Schwarm drones, each armed with a single IR pulse laser. Now if you have 3-4 wings of that, that's 90-120 tiny ships swarming over the screen. Now my laptop ain't great, but in Uz's Corvus, the Conorano event (which is just a Hildolfr with something like 6-7 Schwarms) just makes everything go to pot. Not even hiding the HUD helps the framerate. I just zoom all the way in, don't look at anything and hope nothing big comes my way. Schwarms have a critical weakness, though. Destroying one of the original Schwarm drones instantly disables it's 5 clones. That removes 5-600 potential DPS from the wing. And the Schwarm wing can be targeted from the map overview so that your weapons prioritize the originals instead of aimlessly shooting everything, which is exactly what the Schwarm is comfortable in. FOR THE SCHWARM.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2013, 05:58:38 AM »

@Flare: That's pretty sweet, but they AI would never understand their 'drone' is immobile, so they'd just eject their turrets at the starting point of the map.
Oh well. Something for a later date.

@echosierraalpha: Noooo nonono noooo. That's too crazy. xD
Wouldn't make sense too. It'd create these 'drone' ships and after the battle they're suddenly gone like they weren't there. ;)

Schwarm's scary. I am glad I haven't picked fights with them yet.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64