Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 470395 times)

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.5
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »

Their flux dissipation could be raised or the flux buildup of the weapons could be reduced. I find the damage output/flux ratio a bit underwhelming.

Also

MOAR FIGHTERS! BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »

Apparently the Jneer is OP according to the Codex, though it doesn't provide a tip on where it's OP and I don't know where either.

I prefer the chainguns over the standard cannons as the cannons push me to something like 4k flux/s while the chainguns keep me down at about 2.5k flux/s. Autopulsars and Pulsar Beams in every other slot work well for keeping flux under control on energy ships.

EDIT:
Wouldn't mind seeing a ballistic ship of similar scope to the Sajuuk, as the Qwaar is just a battlecruiser and the biggest it gets for ballistic capitals. Unless you wanna use Kuun-Lan or Wodaan instead.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:31:17 PM by Silver Silence »

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »

Gotcha, would you like animated versions of those energy weapons?

Like, you fire, and the lights turn off, then light back up by the time it's ready to fire again?

It would be like

Really easy. If you don't know how to animate yet though, I'd say you should try it.

EDIT:
I'd also like to see the Kuun-lan (I think?) get large energy mounts rather than large ballistic. It has more than enough ballistic mounts already >.>
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:53:12 PM by Vinya »
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

fleet points affect the balance of ships greatly within the codex apparantly so if you made it 13 of 14 for the jneer it would most likely move towards more balanced

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »

@Ember: Hasn't the Jneer dropped after my nerf? Or is it still in the red? I am a bit against raising the FP, since the lower rated Saarkin decimates other ships just as well as the Jneer.

@Vinya: Animated weapons sound like fun. Do you have examples?

The Kuun-Lan is an older model vessel, lore wise, and is not designed to accept energy weapons. Sowwy. :(

Edit: I checked the flux dissipation values and compared them to vanilla values and they really seem okay, well above average for most.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:06:02 PM by Gotcha! »

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »

yea Jneer is still red and at 1.8, saarkin is at 1.5

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

For repeating weapons, looking to your own chainguns or the vanilla thumper would be a start. For a more unusual animated weapon, then perhaps the large Solenoid cannon of the BlackRock DriveYards.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »

Hey Gotcha,

after re-reading the lore again, I think I spotted a small mistake: the captain and crew that agreed to travel through the worm hole were banished because Hiigara might not be in the same "star system" as new Hiigara. Don't you mean galactic arm or, even better, galaxy instead? Given that the Hiigarans understood that they were headed to the uncharted Outer Rim, which is far, far away from their empire and Hiigara itself, I doubt that they would get particularly upset if the captain did his job. If, however the Hiigarans found that they are not even in the same galaxy, then things would be different. One of the key points in HW1 was that the Kushan found the Guide Stone within the ruins of an ancient city. After some analysis, they discovered that the guide stone was a star map/ image of constellations as seen from Hiigara.

Now, the thing about constellations is that due to its nature, prespective is everything. the big Dipper, for example, would look slightly different here on earth compared to say, another solar system deeper into the galactic core. As such, even if the Hiigarans were exiled, they knew that, in the future, they could always find and return to their homeworld, should the circumstanes permit it. However, if the Captain were to accidentally dump them into a completely different Galaxy, then this hope would be completely dashed, as they would not only need to find the specific point in space in the Galaxy, they would also need to find which galaxy it is, and then get there :O. Indeed, this explanation would actually be very canon friendly: it is generally accepted that the homeworld galaxy is not the milky way, while the star sector galaxy most certainly is. By saying that the Hiigarans were dumped into our galaxy, you can have your cake (New Hiigara is cut off from Old Hiigara and everyone else) and eat it too (everything is logical and lore friendly, yay!)

Also, regarding the captain's entry on 6535 GSY , 2840 Anno Domini.

I suspect that the captain would not be all too surprised to be honest. the Taiidan, Hiigarans and the Vaygr all look very Human like, despite all coming from completely different worlds. One of the theories that is floating around is that the reason for this is because the precursor race, known as the Progenitors, "seeded the galaxy with Life", and in the process decided to add human look-alikes to some of them. As such, in all likelyhood, the discovery of yet another human look-alike that had never been encountered, while somewhat novel, probably would not elicit a huge surprise from Hiigarans.

<.<
>.>

*puts on tinfoil hat* In the context of this mod, however, as well as how you set it up, you can have ALOT of fun with the above.
First of all, its important to note that it is stated in HW2 that the Progenitors were not native to the Homeworld Galaxy, which is pretty much confirmed to NOT be the milky way.

now, you can go the mundane route and simply say that the Milky way galaxy is simply another that the Precursors seeded life with...

OR:

significantly more terrifyingly interestingly, what if the reason why the Progenitors seeded the Homeworld Galaxy with human look-alikes was because they were the original human race? (or descendants thereof) What if, the wormhole not only sent the Hiigarans through space and into the milky way, but also through time as well, thousands of years back, as it were. when they finally re-discovered their home galaxy centuries later (Thus explaining their advanced tech), they constructed a huge ship (as Hiigarans tend to do), that eventually made its way into the homeworld Galaxy and, seeing it devoid of life, decided to seed life in Hiigara and elsewhere ect...

plot bonus: it would also explain why the progenitor chose that particular galaxy to seed with life as well as explains why the progenitor tech was stated to be compatible with Hiigaran tech in HW2 despite how unlikely two different computer systems seperated by thousands of years and differing species would have enough code similarity to be backward compatible. I mean, for crying out loud, we can't even manage that level of similarities between Apple Macs and Microsoft Windows! and that's between two companies, not two species with different biology, thoughts, cultures, taboos ect...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:09:51 AM by echosierraalpha »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »

*reads*

*head explodes*

Oh dear. My brain was given too much to process. I'll be cleaning this mess up now.

Yeah, I should have said galaxy, not star system.
You have given it faaar more thought than I did. If you'd like, maybe you can write the lore? :D

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

Oh... Oh my...  :o

Hmm~ I-I'll have to admit, I am very tempted (and would be honored) to say yes...

but I can't help but feel that this is your brain child, and that having another person such as myself write the lore for you might clash with what you have in mind regarding the image of the New Hiigarans.
I would feel more comfortable if I continue to point out small errors, maybe add a few suggestions here and there, but ultimately leave you with the freedom to dictate what you wish to be in the mod or not.

In other words, I will (maybe) agree to act as a lore-keeper as long as you have the last word on the matter of lore... which I guess would mean I would be more of a lore-advisor than a keeper per se, but I digress...  :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:50:18 AM by echosierraalpha »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »

The image of the New Hiigarans? Now my interest is really piqued.

Say yes then! Carte blanche. ;D

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »

you drive a hard bargain sir  ;D

very well, I accept.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:00:46 PM by echosierraalpha »

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »

Oh god, this mod makes me feel nostalgic.

All of my yes' good sir, you've earned them.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »

Cor, here's me prepping myself for some big fight to the death in the Sim against a Sajuuk-Khar. Starting firing away with the singularities and 20-30s it was dead. Just flying a Koshiir, that's all. Killed me a Sajuuk-Khar. For a ship with an FP weight more than 1 1/2 times that of an Onslaught, it seemed a little flimsy.  :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »

I've accepted the fact that a human player can always take down an AI ship, no matter how large. (Within non-cheating limits ofcourse.)
Anyway, it's fine the way it is. Its real power gets unlocked once you do some upgrading. :)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 64