Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466990 times)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.4
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2013, 04:41:17 AM »

@Vinya: Did you load an old savegame saved with an older mod version? For everything to spawn properly you'll need to start a new game. :( There's no timer.

@Others: I wonder: Is it just as easy to use a fully outfitted council/gedune/insertmodhere ship and molest a Hiigaran fleet?
I am going to try this myself when I have the time. This one-man/ship-army thing is ridiculous. x)

AI in the game just isn't really robust enough to act on the the commands the player is allowed to give them in a satisfactory manner.

So most people just get a decent Capital Ship/Cruiser, and kit it out and solo armies.
Being able to determine threats and dispose of them in appropriate order kinda beats the pants off what the AI can put up with.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:43 AM »

Ah, so I don't have to nerf all my ships to oblivion then. That's good to know. I was getting kinda worried. ^_^'

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »

Having a battleship that deals all typical ballistic damage types at similar ranges also helps. 700/600/500 range on the big chainguns, little chainguns and flak guns respectively. So generally, if there are no missiles, and I choose a ship to target, EVERYTHING turns to shoot at that target. Also those flak guns, which I often have 8 of which shooting at any one target, still thump ships for nearly 300 damage a hit. I think I'll go see how they play myself with half or even a quarter damage.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2013, 06:01:20 AM »

I've polished stuff up enough to release a final version for 0.54.1a, but there's still a huge question mark.

Someone mentioned it before, the amount of personnel, fuel and supplies being brought in from supply convoys is ridiculously high. (Although my mod is not alone in this.)
I've compared the .java files in my mod with vanilla ones and I just can't seem to see where the delivery of supplies/fuel/personnel is defined.
I'd like to lower the amount to 25% of what it is now.

Might someone be able to help?

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »

not sure how to help but on some mod like the council i sometimes see the notification that excess supplies have been offloaded onto the supply fleet, i think the council is one

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »

Yeah, a message like "The Council offloads some of it's excess supplies and fuel onto the supply convoy" appears. I believe someone made a mod or at least a piece of code that slowly drains a station's supples. Exerelin uses similar item-removing code to make it appear like the stations are actually using their supplies. Weapons that may be available one moment will not be available in a couple in-game weeks time, instead replaced by other weaponry. Though I think only the code to drain supplies and fuel is needed because the Hiigarans don't yet have so many weapons that one would need some way to recycle them to make room to showcase others. Perhaps when even more weapons are introduced. Go poke Zaphide in his Exerelin thread and see about the code.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

Will do! Changes so far:
v1.5
- Took a good look again at vanilla shields; balanced mine accordingly. The Jneer and Saarkin in particular had very strong shields. /nerfed
  Every other ship got at least a small nerf too. It is a lot easier now to get through Hiigaran shields, according to my own testing anyway.
- Slightly nerfed Saarkin's armour and some other stats, greatly nerfed Jneer's armour and some other stats.
- Reviewed ship pricing.
- Changed chainguns to alternating fire, increased fire rate. (Damage stays roughly the same.)
- Nerfed Flak Cannon, both in damage and glow.
- Faal-Corum has had its hangar doubled (supports 2 wings) and Wodaan had it slightly increased (supporting 3 and its own bombers ofcourse).
- Changed Vraan's Omni shield to Front.
- Drastically decreased Skaal's shield coverage.
- Hiigaran ships were for sale on other stations. Fixed. (Needs new game to see change.)
- Other minor changes I forgot about or are not worthy of mentioning..
- Abas torpedo wasn't firing both torpedoes at once. Fixed. Tested some more, was too powerful. Reduced damage, torpedo hitpoints and drastically reduced refiring speed (= same as pilum, 15s).

I think I have nothing more to add, except the supplies flooding thing.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »

- Changed chainguns to alternating fire, increased fire rate. (Damage stays roughly the same.)

Roughly the same? The DPS is different? At the moment, the tweaks I've did make the chainguns put out the same volume of fire, only individually instead of both barrels at the same time for a more gatling-gun style effect.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »

I fiddled around with the chainguns values and never got the exact damage again.
Sorry, I really suck at math and numbers. (I've been tested for it, it's true!)

If you want you can show me what values you got and I'll take over yours. >_>

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »

Im finding the jet to be a little fragile at the moment and im playing at full damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0pazl6xfV8&feature=youtu.be

first video shows the armor get shredded by a flare launcher, slow it down at the death to see if it was the first shot or second shot of thier big guns that ended me, the second scene i was at full armor and hull and ive never seen a vanillia frigate die like that to a destroyer at full health
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:17:05 PM by Ember »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »

Fun fact, flares are energy weapons and in the case of the Gedune, their flares actually deal HE damage and hit for about 60 damage each time. Yep, those tiny flares are surprisingly painful.

By the looks of that second video, you got caught in the Buffalo's deathsplosion. Yeah, those reactor failures are surprisingly painful too.  :P
I've had cruiser explosions rip half HP out of my various battleships before despite only affecting the very front of the bow.

@Gotcha
Here's the juicy tidbits of the Hiigaran weapons as I have them.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »

Hmm, I think it's fair. The frigate was without shields and got 2 nuclear bursts in its face at 0:31.
Those nuclear burst weapons do 500 damage a pop (with an impact of 500 as well, but I don't know if and how that would matter).
Since the Jet had a lot of other incoming fire it might just have been enough to be blown apart.
The Jet has 2000 hp, vanilla highest value for a frigate. It has 200 armour, vanilla frigate ranges are from 75 to 300. So it's not doing that shavvy.
Also, I think those ships you fought are destroyers. Not something a frigate would win on its own.

So I could increase its hp or armour, but then it will decimate other ships again. :-\

About the second half:
Honestly, I don't know how damage is calculated when a ship blows up. After a few accidents of my own I always make sure to get my shields up, even if it would overload me. (Overloading is better than exploding! ^_^) Or I'd smash the backwards-button as hard as I can.

Other people's opinions?

@Silver Silence: Whoah, those are waaay too overpowered. ::) Little energy usage too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:47:48 PM by Gotcha! »

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

wait what? 2k? i think i found the problem >.>

Spoiler
[close]

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »

You lacked that upgrade which makes your armour thicker? Or that unstable engine (I never use it) blew up?

Edit: Oh, scrap that. I understand what you mean now. And, yeah, it DOES have 1000 hp. I was looking at the Vraan earlier, by accident.
I'll need some reviewing.

Edit2: Time for glasses. Sheesh.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:57:26 PM by Gotcha! »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

Not getting so close works quite well for me and goes nicely with all those shiny long ranged weapons I have.  :P

And yeah, those are teleporting destroyers with modified plasma cannons. The amount of butt piracy those things inflict on my Qwaar is insane.
Their teleportation also makes them pretty hard to pin down and kill because they can just blink out of the fight and vent flux, then go back in for seconds.

I've no idea how the deathsplosion damage is calculated, but I just assume that the closer you are to ground zero, the more damage you'll take. Bigger ships also have bigger deathsplosions so are capable of inflicting incredible death damage. That Nihil dreadnaught, that thing has vaporized my Council Hawk III before because I was just unloading cheap shots into it's side till it died.

EDIT:
Ninja'd.
Ah, 1200HP. Yep, after the mild damage inflicted by Gedune flare hits, that would leave you well within 2 hit levels. Besides, even if the flares didn't hit you, one of the destroyers took a 2nd follow-up shot so that 3rd impact would have finished you anyway.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Ninja'd AGAIN.
Nothing to add though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 64