Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A new type of missile (and one of my old suggestions)  (Read 4472 times)

Foxtrot

• Lieutenant
  • \m/
    • View Profile
Re: A new type of missile (and one of my old suggestions)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »

Well shield penetration was up to you guys so no it looks like, but the Neutrino missiles have pretty good tracking, I've launched them backwards and they still get accurate hits, but they are energy-missile-shotguns.
But gothars idea is good
"Do your duty as you see it, and damn the consequences!"
-General George S. Patton

Foxtrot

• Lieutenant
  • \m/
    • View Profile
Re: A new type of missile (and one of my old suggestions)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 09:01:26 PM »

Alright guys, i don't like necroing or double posting but i want to push for the nuclear beam weapon again, i've got some new stuff for it, yes i just copied it straight from TVTropes, but i think this would make a wonderful main cannon on something big, also, i'm still in the OMG NUCLEAR BEAM OF DOOM I WANT IT phase, so try and give ideas that make this idea better

A hypothetical real-life Wave Motion Gun would be Nuclear Shaped-Charge weapons. It believed that the needed technology does exist (Project Orion wouldn't have been considered without them). Basically, you take the might of a Nuke, and instead of wasting it in an undirected explosion, you convert it into a ravening plasma beam of death, as hot as a star's core, which remains lethal at a range of several light-minutes. Simply awesome.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionGun
Real Life Section
"Do your duty as you see it, and damn the consequences!"
-General George S. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]