Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1182 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »

I wanna ask something modding related, go ahead and use that thread for other questions if you want after I've had my answer...

anyways...

Is it possible to make a mod that automatically modifies all weapons in the game (mod weapons included) with set percentages ?

What I was thinking about was if a mod that automatically does the following would be possible

-Drops all weapons' ammo count by 90%

-adds a automatic "reloading" whenever a "clip" is exhausted, reload timer is set at 20 000% the time between two shots of the weapon

-at end of "reloading" the ammo is sent back to its 10% ammo "clip"

-cycle would repeat indefinitely

I'd just like something like that but I don't even if its possible in the first place

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »

Is it possible to make a mod that automatically modifies all weapons in the game (mod weapons included) with set percentages ?

Parts of weapons could be affected by this e.g. damage, this would still require significant code and pathing (especially for mod weapons)

-Drops all weapons' ammo count by 90%

Not all weapons use ammo, so not entirely possible but for ones with ammo you could do this.

-adds a automatic "reloading" whenever a "clip" is exhausted, reload timer is set at 20 000% the time between two shots of the weapon
You would have to define what a "clip" is e.g. 20 bullets and have this input into the game as to every X bullets pause shooting for Y time, and not all weapons use "shots" (beams), the reload timer is not a good idea as 20000% of e.g. 0.75 is 150 seconds, 0.75 is taken from the only weapons that have intevals between bursts, other weapons have a cooldown time which is a set value between shots and would be pointless to adapt. If it is done, it is possible to change the cooldown, OUTSIDE COMBAT otherwise a crash would occur as it is not a dynamiclly updating .csv, the same with all weapon hard coded values.

-at end of "reloading" the ammo is sent back to its 10% ammo "clip"

why? why would this be needed? you could do it with two values :
"AmmoBefore": "Ammo",
"AmmoAfter":"AmmoBefore" - 20 #The value used for a "clip" which i said would be stated before, so would need to be a local varible per weapon

And wow i sound a ***, sorry mate :P

(I might/am wrong in places but this was bugging me so I put down my immediate thoughts without digesting everything)