Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: General Questions about the Starsector Universe  (Read 5202 times)

Dabclipers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
General Questions about the Starsector Universe
« on: May 21, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »

Ok, so here are some questions about the setting and other mundane stuff in the Starsector universe that i would like answers to.  I will add more questions if I can think of any.  Using these answers for a project/story/other.

1.   What is the name of the starsector equivalent of the internet?  Currently going to steal the term extranet from Mass Effect until given a different answer.

2.   What is the year or cycle or whatever its called in the starsector universe, the current date.

3.   What is the rough travel time of system to system transport, and what does it use?  FTL, Warp, Slipspace, Hyperdrive? Does it take years and cryopods are used for the occupants of the vehicle?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:35:11 AM by Dabclipers »

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions about the Starsector Universe
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

First look around the forums I am sure at least two of your questions have been answered already in another thread in Stories & Fan Fiction

---> http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=437.0 <---

(Ninjaed Ya Gothars :P)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions about the Starsector Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »

Hey Dabclipers,

there's already a topic about that here. Feel free to post any questions there. Please check before making a new thread, the one I linked was the second highest in this sub-forum.

I'll close here.

@ Pelhamds: Arrr, 18 seconds!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:38:49 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.