Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922636 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.51
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2013, 06:01:26 AM »

umm... what's an "atlus"  ???
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2013, 06:03:26 AM »

The middle brother to an Atlas and Atlasis.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »

it the deformed triplet of the kids...the poor soul

Kristian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »

Nice mod :)

Is there any way to make stores sell more weapons/ships and/or buy from neutral/allied factions?

Edit: Is the faction status of the player faction entirely controlled by the player? No one has declared war on me so far. Started out with a war against Nihil and Valkyrie but a peace was suddenly declared.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:55:21 PM by Kristian »
Peace through superior firepower.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »

One thing I would like is for an ally to occasionally send an especially small shipment of their own ships and weapons to your station, so that you might buy and equip one or two ships that you wouldn't normally have access to before a war.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »

so...can we please replace nihil with thule...how does noone else see why nihil is cheap..there ships have strong lasting shield with likewise armor...there weapons never miss...the team is way to perfect...come on..thule is the way to go and they released their update awhile ago

Kristian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »

so...can we please replace nihil with thule...how does noone else see why nihil is cheap..there ships have strong lasting shield with likewise armor...there weapons never miss...the team is way to perfect...come on..thule is the way to go and they released their update awhile ago
Are you serious? I curbstomped Nihil when I fought them.
Peace through superior firepower.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »

i haven't played for a few months, but i'l try tomorrow and see if nihil is as impossible to beat as you claim they are.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »

Why don't you just follow the directions on the front page and remove them yourself, like just about everyone else has suggested? Thule is already being added in the next version of this mod from what I'm hearing, and you can remove any faction that you don't like just by editing a file. The reason why nobody is speaking out against nihil is because nihil can be removed by anybody that doesn't want it, and is a fun challenge to those who do want it.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »

btw..i just tested the council(starwars) people...and i have to say..there very busted...i just used the sparrow frigate and it had infinite no cool down teleport...lots of weapons and fast speeds and had the ordanance of a destroy or even a cruiser...they need to tone it down a bit...there a bit scary in terms of balance o.o

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »

Lopunny, I don't think that particular faction was made for balance...

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »

Neither Council (MrDavidoff´s Ship Addon) or nihilic empire were intended for vanilla balance, you can find them in the mod index, if you don't like them, remove them, problemo solved.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »

Nice mod :)

Is there any way to make stores sell more weapons/ships and/or buy from neutral/allied factions?

Edit: Is the faction status of the player faction entirely controlled by the player? No one has declared war on me so far. Started out with a war against Nihil and Valkyrie but a peace was suddenly declared.

You could edit the data\scripts\world\exerelin\OutSystemSupplyConvoySpawnPoint.java file at lines 102 + 103 and change the numbers higher.
Code
addFactionSpecificWeapons(targetCargo, 4, ExerelinData.getInstance().getPlayerFaction());
addRandomFactionShips(targetCargo, 2);

No other faction gets delivered weapons/ships at this stage.

Factions (including the players faction) will declare war/peace/ally as it suits them, but the player can certainly kick off a war with a ally or neutral faction. Factions will not like a backstabber though ... :)

btw..i just tested the council(starwars) people...and i have to say..there very busted...i just used the sparrow frigate and it had infinite no cool down teleport...lots of weapons and fast speeds and had the ordanance of a destroy or even a cruiser...they need to tone it down a bit...there a bit scary in terms of balance o.o

Yeah I must admit the Sparrow is a bit out there! :)

But in general, I don't have a problem with balance of various factions because:
1. Mostly, powerful ships cost more. For example, the fleet point cost of the Sparrow is larger than pretty much every frigate, and some destroyers. As long as that cost affects gameplay *in some way*, I don't have a problem with it as long as it is in the 'ballpark'.
2. Balance between mods is going to come and go as StarSector progresses and I don't really feel like trying to balance everything to then have to redo it later :P
3. Player piloting skill is much greater than the AI piloting, so I actually think that the AI having 'better' ships evens it out (unless the player is playing as an 'OP' faction, then...)
4. Currently, only the player can progress their captain, making their ships perform better, which is 'unfair' against the AI.

Exerelin currently uses the fleet point cost of ships to determine how many resources are used when building a fleet from a station. Ideally, I would like to use a mix of fleet point cost, ordinance points available on the ship and the base credit cost of the hull. Unfortunately, the ordinance point cost is unavailable outside combat (requires an Alex-level change) and the base credit cost can be a little misleading in some mods. Ordinance cost is probably the best indicator of sheer 'combat ability'.

We'll get there eventually, but at the moment I just want to provide an easy way for people (and myself!) to play StarSector-Exerelin with whatever factions they want. :)

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:54 AM »

Would it be possible to get a whole list of "non-vanilla" balanced factions that are part of this mod?
Maybe even add the list to the OP, so that new players can remove them if they want to.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2013, 01:47:16 AM »

Would it be possible to get a whole list of "non-vanilla" balanced factions that are part of this mod?
Maybe even add the list to the OP, so that new players can remove them if they want to.

I'll probably wait until after the dust settles from StarSector 0.6 (soon hopefully!) before assessing as I suspect a bit of a shake up to occur... :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 141