Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917228 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.5
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2013, 10:39:05 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
no comment. . .
also i got 6-8 planets without single station
also maybe every small fleet (or a single ship) should be just patroling/wondering the system insted attacking enemy station ( to me it's like 1 soldier attacking an fort/castle) & i doubt that it's possible to erase any attack attempts to the Atlas (station capture) so it won't go & chase everything that he 'thinks' he can handle
PS: & maybe add more bigger fleets because playing as a BIG fleet it's unprofitable
& maybe decrease number of the smallest fleets
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.51
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 12:15:39 AM »

Bit of a bug-fix, balance tweak and general fixes update.

Notably, added a new faction, a storage facility for the player and hopefully 'polished' it a little more.

EDIT: I've also updated the first post with details on how to add you own factions

Code
 - Added Nihilic Empire faction
 - Added Storage Facility for player, will be delivered and built at closest planet after getting first station
 - Added Atlas with blue engine flame for appropriate factions
 - Added option to only respawn starting factions
 - Removed option to get free transfer at player owned stations

- Changed OmniFac to be delivered and built at closest planet after player gets first station
 - Changed initial station distribution to be more regular
 - Changed initial planet distribution to be more regular
 - Changed Rebel mechanic to cause some of the leading factions fleets to rebel against that faction
 - Change TradeGuild mechanic to cause factions (other than the faction coming last) supply fleets to support the faction coming last

- Fixed issue with finding a random station for a faction
 - Fixed Relic Faithoper, Extinctioner and Queen requiring no crew
 - Fixed Relic Faithoper (player available hull) not having built in weapon
 - Fixed issue with out-system cargo fleet not delivering correct resource amount
 - Fixed issue with spawning fleets sometimes being extremely accident prone
 - Fixed issue with incorrect target station for out system attack fleets
 - Fixed issue calculating fleet cost from resources (was over charging)
 - Fixed missing Council faction ships in fleets

- Station takeover now has an impact on faction relationships
 - War weariness now only affects ongoing wars, not all relationships
 - War, peace and alliance declaration now affect inter-relationships of all factions in system to some degree
 - Increased Attack, Defense, Patrol, Out System Attack max fleet sizes
 - Reduced number of attack and defense fleets (to 3 per station)
 - Allies can now send to supplies to each other if they have a surplus

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:24:22 AM by Zaphide »

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »

i was afraid this will happen  :P Nihilic Empire got some serious balance issue , not only weapons or ships , also the size
AI  can't properly hit the bigger ships (vanilla thing) so i recomended that you remove Nihilic Empire

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 12:59:49 AM »

i was afraid this will happen  :P Nihilic Empire got some serious balance issue , not only weapons or ships , also the size
AI  can't properly hit the bigger ships (vanilla thing) so i recomended that you remove Nihilic Empire

I changed some of the stats on some of their ships slightly, so hopefully they won't be too bad :P

You mean the largest ship they have? I didn't notice anything too bad, but then I didn't test a lot against it...

If it's too bad I might remove them by default, but still leave all the assets there so if people want they can activate them and use them :)

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 02:26:11 AM »

You mean the largest ship they have? I didn't notice anything too bad, but then I didn't test a lot against it...

well this is not about  Nihilic Empire size , its a vanilla problem that if ship is BIG & long (or wide) the AI will start shooting at it but the bullets/beam wont hit the ship thats why vanilla ships are long & wide

I changed some of the stats on some of their ships slightly, so hopefully they won't be too bad :P
well i hope you change combat speed of the fighter wing, cuz 300 as far i remember is way TOO fast :P

but if you changed few things maybe i will further check things out ...
+ nice idea about player storage/omnifactory ;) but what will happen if player intercept those ships ? :D
OK back to checking
PS:thx for the weekend update

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 04:00:02 AM »

well this is not about  Nihilic Empire size , its a vanilla problem that if ship is BIG & long (or wide) the AI will start shooting at it but the bullets/beam wont hit the ship thats why vanilla ships are long & wide

well i hope you change combat speed of the fighter wing, cuz 300 as far i remember is way TOO fast :P

but if you changed few things maybe i will further check things out ...
+ nice idea about player storage/omnifactory ;) but what will happen if player intercept those ships ? :D
OK back to checking
PS:thx for the weekend update

Well let me know if things seem way off :) I think I only ended up tweaking some of the shield and flux values. I really like the art so fairly keen to keep them in.

Yeah if you attack and destroy the station construction fleets you'll unfortunately be without the OmniFac and/or Storage Facility :P

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 06:34:29 AM »

it's been a year now &
Spoiler
[close]
as you can see Neutrino go bearserk :P
Blackrock Drive Yards can be visible too
Intersteller Federation can hand themself much
others dont have that much luck ;P

whats still enoys me it there are  small Capital fleets (1-2 ship) maybe capital should be only in big & biggest fleets ?
& maybe attack fleet should spawn slower then defence ones
i dunno, maybe i didn't have much luck so far, Nihilic Empire was doing somme issue in the system at the begining (they ruled at the center of the map with 3-5 stations) but then POW! Neutrino
will start new campaign now will check things out again :]

guess we have wait till others do their feedback :-X

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 07:48:13 AM »

I had a similar, if not more extreme result with Blackrock taking over the entire sector.  Many of the mod compilations suffer from the issue of combining mods that were never balanced or meant to be stand alone and then pitting them against each other.  It's tempting to make one's mod more powerful than others, but it definitely has to be approached differently for compilations where balance is key.

It also doesn't help that the auto-battle resolve is god awful at predicting the likely outcome.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »

While this is largely off-topic, I just wanted to mention that 1) autoresolve will be simpler and more predictable in the next release, with fleetdeployment point values playing a larger role and 2) the algorithm will be fully moddable, with the baseline implementation provided in starfarer.api.zip.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »

well...maybe you can make the battle fast forward instantly in a fraction of a second but the player cant see it so the battles and fairly judged...is it possible to do that?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »

While this is largely off-topic, I just wanted to mention that 1) autoresolve will be simpler and more predictable in the next release, with fleetdeployment point values playing a larger role and 2) the algorithm will be fully moddable, with the baseline implementation provided in starfarer.api.zip.
Alex, in case you forgot, I just want to say that I love you.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »

well...maybe you can make the battle fast forward instantly in a fraction of a second but the player cant see it so the battles and fairly judged...is it possible to do that?

The battles generally are fairly judged. Though numbers can skew it a bit and nothing replaces player skill. You might be able to solo the Hegemony Defense Fleet with 3 ships, but if you autoresolved, it's almost guarenteed annihilation because the AI generally can't pull off such a feat. It's good, but it ain't -THAT- good. And if it -WAS- that good, if it -WAS- that ruthlessly efficient......

Of course, new players would never survive against simple Hounds and Lashers, would QQ on the forums and players like us who've played for much longer would be like this:

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

Two things: 1) sorry for derailing this thread and 2) even though it's totally my fault, please stop derailing this thread :)

@Psiyon: Gah!

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

it's been a year now &
Spoiler
[close]
as you can see Neutrino go bearserk :P
Blackrock Drive Yards can be visible too
Intersteller Federation can hand themself much
others dont have that much luck ;P

whats still enoys me it there are  small Capital fleets (1-2 ship) maybe capital should be only in big & biggest fleets ?
& maybe attack fleet should spawn slower then defence ones
i dunno, maybe i didn't have much luck so far, Nihilic Empire was doing somme issue in the system at the begining (they ruled at the center of the map with 3-5 stations) but then POW! Neutrino
will start new campaign now will check things out again :]

guess we have wait till others do their feedback :-X

What kind of settings did you start the game off with for that pic? I have a .5 game that has been going for a while now(on cycle 207), and I simply have not seen the same results. In my game, while the neutrino are about as powerful as the blackrock in your pic, the shadowyards are currently the largest faction, though only by a few stations. My pirate faction has recently gained a second station (poor junk pirates) and the council, hegemony, and valkerians each have 3-5 stations to call their own, and are currently just as powerful as the neutrinos. The gedune and nomads also each have a single station located in the galaxy. All others have been defeated, though the blackrock seem to have a single tiny fleet near the sun, having only just recently lost their last station to the combined might of the council and hegemony.

Whether the neutrinos are or are not a bit unbalanced in this mod, though, I think I have a bit of a solution to help keep the system balanced: balance of power. In history, whenever a single country started becoming too powerful, other countries would ally together to counter the threat against that specific power, and bring them back down to size. I suggest that the same be done in this mod, to where when a situation as seen in sony's picture occurs, all the other factions are going to start banding together and trying to stop the larger faction before it is too late. I don't know much on modding, but I'm guessing something can be made so that if one faction becomes powerful, other factions are more likely to go to war with it in groups? It ought to solve the balance problem if it can be done; the more unbalanced the faction the more enemies that faction will get.

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »

@UP[
Spoiler
[close]
well that screen was from 0.51ver.
& after a (2'nd) new game i can tel it's different, totaly
look for yourself
Spoiler
[close]
1 year pased, the same settings as last time
-35 stations
-umm... max planets (21???)
-2 or 4 asteroids belt
-everyone was invited in exerelin
on both game i choose Relic's
so i belive station layout is verry important in this mod & can bring major (un)balance to the game
(umm... & did my faction doesn't look POOR to you ? cuz im sweating my butt off to maintain my faction)
ow & i saw strange thing, when faction out of the system attack fleet (or something) spawns their number is random, 1-4 is it suppose be like these ?

PS: Zep, remember the size issue i was writing earlier ?
Spoiler
[close]
the smaller units are totally useless , well their efectivness can drop below 1/2
BUT there isn't that BIG problem i was thought it will be wit the nillic empire so stay cool
cant rly tell how i feel about their fighter "anti wing' or something, speed 300 price 120 cant rly tell , i'll bet they are nightmare to the solid weapon point def weapons
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 141