Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917163 times)

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.41
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »

I'm having some good fun with this one, I have to admit.  It's nice to see a bit of that Mount and Blade feel with the crazy diplomacy going down.

To me, the only thing that's missing is the Omnifactory.  Still love that mod.  I'll have to find a way to integrate it so I can have even more fun.

Not 100% sure but I think the omnifactory is a utility so it should work alongside Exerelin (if you download the omnifactory mod itself).

While it is a utility, it will spawn at the sun every, unless there's any planets without a station.  I was hoping to randomize it with the rest of the stations, but I'm having trouble getting the class to register, sadly.  I'll probably go back to the default, load Omnifac up, and work on this another time.  I don't work with java much, was never a fan, so I'm not particularly great on doing proper includes and such, I was hoping I'd be able to access it in data.scripts.world.exerelin even though it's packed in data.scripts.world.  Shows what I know about java...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »

1#- not only vanilla weapons are missing, i cant get (buy) tyhion lances too (got the name right ? :D)
2#- cool
3#-can't rly tell, but i'll keep that in mind, but (can't rly tell for 100%) i think the Empty fleets are on the SyndicateASP side, BUT on the MAP screen you can see the fleet as you target them with the cursor but when you confront them then its *PUF* ghost fleet

Do you mean the Tachyon Lance (long range energy, it's a vanilla weapon) or a different one?

I've added it to possible weapons for tri tach and independent for the next release. Or was it missing for a different faction?

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »

Jesus, that was frustrating.  Just having it in my load order didn't do it, despite it being a utility mod.  It wouldn't run it's creation script.  I ended up including the files into Exerelin directly, adding the omnifactory's creation script into the generation csv, and I had to change a faction name from neutral to another one, since neutral is not included.  I'm going to try "player" to see if I can at least have it in my hands at all times or somesuch, but we'll see.

Oddly enough, it spawned around one of the planets.  I guess it doesn't see the other stations as stations.

EDIT:  As it turns out, nothing seems to be able to dock at this.  I'm not surprised, tbh.  The real issue is that everything seems to be trying.  Had to edit the utils to basically make the Omnifac ignored, since I don't really want to look for why they aren't docking, although the omnifactory changing hands would be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:07:22 PM by LostInTheWired »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2013, 12:28:41 AM »

1#- not only vanilla weapons are missing, i cant get (buy) tyhion lances too (got the name right ? :D)
2#- cool
3#-can't rly tell, but i'll keep that in mind, but (can't rly tell for 100%) i think the Empty fleets are on the SyndicateASP side, BUT on the MAP screen you can see the fleet as you target them with the cursor but when you confront them then its *PUF* ghost fleet

Do you mean the Tachyon Lance (long range energy, it's a vanilla weapon) or a different one?

I've added it to possible weapons for tri tach and independent for the next release. Or was it missing for a different faction?

Tachion lance , yes i know its a Vanilla, sorry about that it was 5AM at my time
what i meant t it was  Neutron Lance (but both Lances are missing, well  i just never saw it delivered at my station & i own the biggest possibly system so i didn;t play 3 months in the game) BUT its lootabe so they ARE in the game
ALSO i didnt saw - Adventure Civilian Battleship -  in the game or in the stations
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2013, 05:38:57 AM »

Jesus, that was frustrating.  Just having it in my load order didn't do it, despite it being a utility mod.  It wouldn't run it's creation script.  I ended up including the files into Exerelin directly, adding the omnifactory's creation script into the generation csv, and I had to change a faction name from neutral to another one, since neutral is not included.  I'm going to try "player" to see if I can at least have it in my hands at all times or somesuch, but we'll see.

Oddly enough, it spawned around one of the planets.  I guess it doesn't see the other stations as stations.

EDIT:  As it turns out, nothing seems to be able to dock at this.  I'm not surprised, tbh.  The real issue is that everything seems to be trying.  Had to edit the utils to basically make the Omnifac ignored, since I don't really want to look for why they aren't docking, although the omnifactory changing hands would be interesting.

Hmmm try leaving it as "Neutral" and copying the neutral.faction file from base StarSector into the Exerelin/data/world/factions folder and adding  neutral.faction to factions.csv in the same folder. This should give you access to the Neutral faction, and all other factions should be at peace with neutral, which will stop them all from trying to take over the OmniFactory :P

Next version I will include the neutral faction files in so that hopefully the OmniFactory 'just works' out of the box for those that want it. I don't really want to include the OmniFactory as a base rule as I prefer the idea of only using your own factions ships/weapons, and having those choices not being ideal, but on the other hand I imagine there are a few people that want to use it :)

2#- cool

Tachion lance , yes i know its a Vanilla, sorry about that it was 5AM at my time
what i meant t it was  Neutron Lance (but both Lances are missing, well  i just never saw it delivered at my station & i own the biggest possibly system so i didn;t play 3 months in the game) BUT its lootabe so they ARE in the game
ALSO i didnt saw - Adventure Civilian Battleship -  in the game or in the stations

Aha yeah OK there were a bunch of weapons missing from the Neutrino faction supply as well. I have added them for next version. Thanks for chasing that down for me :)

I'm not sure where the Adventure Civilian Battleship comes in, which mod is that from?

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2013, 06:43:28 AM »

Adventure Civilian Battleship is from Neutrino Corp
also never saw the Blowtorch Construction Ship also from Neutrino
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:31 AM »

Hmmm try leaving it as "Neutral" and copying the neutral.faction file from base StarSector into the Exerelin/data/world/factions folder and adding  neutral.faction to factions.csv in the same folder. This should give you access to the Neutral faction, and all other factions should be at peace with neutral, which will stop them all from trying to take over the OmniFactory :P

Next version I will include the neutral faction files in so that hopefully the OmniFactory 'just works' out of the box for those that want it. I don't really want to include the OmniFactory as a base rule as I prefer the idea of only using your own factions ships/weapons, and having those choices not being ideal, but on the other hand I imagine there are a few people that want to use it :)

I'm down with that.  Honestly though, with the current state of the game, the variety an playing with all the different ships is what keeps me playing.  I'd just run out of steam without the variety, an the omnifac gives me a tool to do it which isn't really "cheating".

And including the neutral faction files is what I was originally going to do, but, I thought about it, and didn't really know if it would suddenly cause any issues, like the game trying to spawn "neutral" faction fleets or anything.  I'll probably change to this method if you don't think there's going to be issues, but I worried since in the spawn scripts for that sort of thing it just looks for "possible factions", at least as far as I read.  At the time, I didn't much feel like going into it anymore.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »

Adventure Civilian Battleship is from Neutrino Corp
also never saw the Blowtorch Construction Ship also from Neutrino

Thanks I'll check it out and add them :)

Yeah neutral.faction file won't cause any issues (that's how the rebal and trade guild are done currently). Just don't add neutral to the list of possible factions :P

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »

Yay omnifactory! I really like being able to make optimal ships or flooding a certain type of ship. Its fun to see what happens. Imagine all the possibilities added with a new solar system with every character.

Are the AI factions supposed to always leave the player with one base? I started as pirates for giggles, and was nearly immediately crushed by the independants. Shortly after the warning message popped up telling me they were boarding my (only) station they ended the war. That's been the only time i've had my last base under attack and couldn't fight them immediately(the dram is a terrible combat ship).

Can a player keep going after all stations are lost? What affect will the player's fleet have on no respawns games?
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »

Yay omnifactory! I really like being able to make optimal ships or flooding a certain type of ship. Its fun to see what happens. Imagine all the possibilities added with a new solar system with every character.

Are the AI factions supposed to always leave the player with one base? I started as pirates for giggles, and was nearly immediately crushed by the independants. Shortly after the warning message popped up telling me they were boarding my (only) station they ended the war. That's been the only time i've had my last base under attack and couldn't fight them immediately(the dram is a terrible combat ship).

Can a player keep going after all stations are lost? What affect will the player's fleet have on no respawns games?

Haha you were saved at the last minute! Other factions will conquer all your stations, then you will get a large fleet to help you conquer a new station.

Player restart fleets will spawn even if respawn is turned off.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »

Actually RE OmniFactory:

It won't work 'out of the box' as Exerelin replaces the generators.csv file (I finally got around to testing out the OmniFactory stuff myself :P) Unfortuantely you'll still need to merge the OmniFactory mod files with the Exerelin mod files. I'll write a quick how-to for that soon (probably in line with the next release of Exerelin).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:34:23 AM by Zaphide »

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2013, 06:11:07 AM »

Hey folks.

First i want to gratz Exerelin for this great mod!

It really raised the interest for the game but i miss my favorite ships from Ironclad (UIN mostly) so much.

So i made a quick attempt to add it in the faction roster and since my experience in starfarersector modding is very short to say the least, i messed up somewhere.

90% of the work was just copy/pasting some files from Ironclad in the (hopefully) right directories. So far i only edited some .csv files, scripts ones (charractercreation) and created faction files as well.

So here's the log:

Spoiler
5942 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.plugins.LevelupPluginImpl] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6021 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.plugins.TestCombatPlugin] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6129 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint]
6395 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["cost_frigate"] is not a number.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["cost_frigate"] is not a number.
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:451)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getInt(JSONObject.java:468)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.if(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
6747 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.world.SectorGen] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6792 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint]
6792 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.world.SectorGen] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7005 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.turningthetables.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7091 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.forthegreaterlud.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7153 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.thewolfpack.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7212 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.ambush.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7315 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.hornetsnest.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7381 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.thelasthurrah.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
7451 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.direstraits.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
[close]

Can't figure whats going on so if someone have an idea...

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:56 AM »

i welcome you to the forums Vinch... and kudos for attempting this :D
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:06 AM »

Thank mate!

Seems like i will spend more time in the logs than in the game  ;)

Still figuring were to find this json related thing.

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »

dont even ask me :D i got no clue about modding or codes except for the gaming course at school in which we used GameMaker "shudder"
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141