Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917137 times)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.32
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »

I am greatly looking forward to the next release, any idea for when we can get it? Will you be adding any more factions to the mod such as the neutrinos?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »

An interesting thing happens with CTRL+clicking and 0 crew bug. You can pick up infinite stacks of them. It then spread to all my different crew levels and it wiped out 3k regulars. I'm glad it wasn't a hardcore save.

This was on version .32 for future reference.

Yeah I need to fix this but i can't ever seem to catch it happening, I just notice it later in the game. I think I might just need to handle it if it happens rather than preventing it. It would be quicker to implement like that but not as nice... :)

I am greatly looking forward to the next release, any idea for when we can get it? Will you be adding any more factions to the mod such as the neutrinos?

Hopefully very soon, I'm reworking the faction relationship stuff a lot, which should make the faction interaction make a bit more sense (and player attacking ally not resulting in a war will be fixed). It is mostly done but needs a bit of tweaking :)

As for neutrinos, im a bit dubious as the auto-resolve tends to give them a too good advantage. I'll get in contact with the author anyway and see how it plays out.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

I don't have a lot of helpful info. It was year 207 & at one of my oldest stations. I rarely needed to go there because after the first couple of months i had destroyed 2 of the other 3 factions already. (rushing FTW) I'm not sure if it was my first station or one i had captured. It was also free trade, and i was about to be attacked by rebels. (they had spawned and were approaching)

What is the targeting priority for attack fleets? I thought it was whichever station is nearest, but they sometimes went for other, much further, stations.

What is the criteria for spawning atlases? My stations seem to rarely spawn them, but the other factions spawned tons of 'em. It was nice at first because i'd be able to get lots of supplies for big defence fleets, but then became a hassle because they couldn't chase down the single atlases very well. So i'd have to chase them or suffer the base under attack spam. After a while i was able to cut them off at the source, but then i noticed i had no atlases taking their stations.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »

its me again
can you chante the time that NEW faction will spawn (6 months it's bit too long)
also maybe on New game set at every 2-4 station per faction at the new game cuz i think 4 (includes player) faction spawning at the begining is low , so maybe when yo choose 10 stations per system it will spawn 5 factions (including player) if set 20 stations per system it will set 10 factions OR just spawn everyone & watch the mayhem ;P
& last thing  if player looses last station there must be spawn more fleets cuz that 1 can do manure ;p + even if capture anything its impossible to grown back cuz player is overwelmed by other's

A configurable options portion located at the top of the script would be a great addition, for skirmish type modes

Ah I'm ahead of you already! :P

I have added the following starting question:
When you arrive at Exerelin, how many other factions are there with you initially?

With the following options:
1 other Faction
3 other Factions
6 other Factions
All factions you know of!
1 familiar face [Vanilla Only]
A few old friends [Vanilla Only]

1 other faction + no respawn pretty much equals a dual. All factions + largest amount of planets/stations is fun!

A "random variables" option would then be good so that we don't lose that randomness to your mod
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2013, 11:49:15 PM »

Can the player capture stations? i know i can cut off their supply and such and prevent them from caping by killing supply convoys, but i haven't figured out if i can cap myself.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2013, 05:06:54 AM »

I don't have a lot of helpful info. It was year 207 & at one of my oldest stations. I rarely needed to go there because after the first couple of months i had destroyed 2 of the other 3 factions already. (rushing FTW) I'm not sure if it was my first station or one i had captured. It was also free trade, and i was about to be attacked by rebels. (they had spawned and were approaching)

What is the targeting priority for attack fleets? I thought it was whichever station is nearest, but they sometimes went for other, much further, stations.

What is the criteria for spawning atlases? My stations seem to rarely spawn them, but the other factions spawned tons of 'em. It was nice at first because i'd be able to get lots of supplies for big defence fleets, but then became a hassle because they couldn't chase down the single atlases very well. So i'd have to chase them or suffer the base under attack spam. After a while i was able to cut them off at the source, but then i noticed i had no atlases taking their stations.

The targeting priority for attack fleets and station attack ships should be nearest enemy station. If the attacking faction is not at war with the nearest stations owner then it will look further afield for suitable target.

Atlases spawn fairly regularly (like 1 in 10 days or so) from each station. Your factions stations should also spawn atlases (provided they have enough of each resource).

A "random variables" option would then be good so that we don't lose that randomness to your mod

It will still be random, so the 3 factions option picks 3 other factions randomly from all available factions, like wise but with 1 for the 1 other faction options. If you select the Vanilla options, it will just use the original vanilla factions instead of all the available ones.

Can the player capture stations? i know i can cut off their supply and such and prevent them from caping by killing supply convoys, but i haven't figured out if i can cap myself.

Nah the player can't conquer stations, only the single atlas ships or the out system fleets can. Your factions stations will spawn takeover atlases if your faction is at war with any faction (or there are still abandoned ones around). The idea is that stations should only be conquered once all (or at least most) of the defense fleets are destroyed, as pretty much anything can kill an atlas :)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2013, 06:41:07 AM »

So if I specify that I want 30 factions?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

So if I specify that I want 30 factions?

Well, if you select the 'all factions' option all 15 (i think it is) will start. The choice is only for which factions start, the others can come later (unless you choose vanilla option, then only the 4 vanilla factions will ever appear).

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »

Lotus and Nomads are extremely outdated as observed, Nomads will be updated by Trylobot once 0.6 is out and lotus is abandoned, they will never get updated.

never say never.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »

NEVARRRR  :P

Also very long time no see, Dante.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »

HES ALIVE!!!

quick, someone check if hes not a zombie or something!  :P

hope this is an i'm back message and not just a random one

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »

Uomoz would say:" it's a bot"  ;D
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »

BOT CONFIRMED.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »

**** **** he is back!? it has to be a bot! but i guess they will also get updated in time to 0.6 then. :P

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »

NICE TO MEET YOU.
My name is Hadiza.I am a female I was impressed when i saw your profile
today at www.ultimate-guitar.com and I will like to established
a long lasting relationship with you.
In addition,i will like you to reply me through my private email box
([email protected]) So i can give you my pictures, for you to know and see whom i
am and I believe we can move from here! waiting to hear from you soonest.
(Remember the distance or colour even religion does not matter but love matters alot in life)
please contact me here... ([email protected])
Hadiza..

;D

Nice to see everyone, it has indeed being a very long time...C:

...ok. I really love the direction the game is going these last months, it has been a looooong time since I last played though. Those filthy Lotus Pirates need a lot of work, the look of their hulls is starting to match their outdated/unbalanced nature.

Sinking deep in the black depths of Eve Online, together with an unhealthy amount of work hours in the hoppy certainly does not help too. I really cannot make any promises for this month, but rest assured those picaroon will be coming back.

With a Vengeance...scratch that, they dont want that hull...XD
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:04:03 PM by Dante80 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 141