Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917085 times)

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.32
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31:58 AM »

Here you go!

80282 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
80282 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 187.49 MB of texture data so far
81094 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
154219 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2013, 02:50:51 AM »

The Lotus Conglomerate ships & nomads have no ship systems
 i dunno did Uomoz's add it in his mod or you have some old lotus version
maybe LORD Uomoz should send you his faction modification cuz i think it would be just lovley :]
but i doubt it because that will decrease his mod followers size ;p

Lotus and Nomads are extremely outdated as observed, Nomads will be updated by Trylobot once 0.6 is out and lotus is abandoned, they will never get updated.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2013, 04:26:49 AM »

Here you go!

80282 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
80282 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 187.49 MB of texture data so far
81094 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
154219 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!

Is that an out-of-memory crash? That looks similar to the crash that happened in Ascendancy with the background imagery being way too big for lightweight computers to handle.
Other than that, it looks like the game tried to look for thin air, and got just that. Thin air.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2013, 05:32:24 AM »

The balance issue would be sorted out if you used the military variants instead of advanced ones as intended, and not use the royal armada as a base for all the fleets. :P

Ah gotcha :) Will do some play testing with the M variants.

The Lotus Conglomerate ships & nomads have no ship systems
 i dunno did Uomoz's add it in his mod or you have some old lotus version
maybe LORD Uomoz should send you his faction modification cuz i think it would be just lovley :]
but i doubt it because that will decrease his mod followers size ;p

I'll look at this. I'm not quite sure where balance is quite yet. The Nomad's could definitely do with some ship systems but Lotus Conglomerate seem to do fairly well without (admittedly not as fun). More play testing... :P

Here you go!

Is that an out-of-memory crash? That looks similar to the crash that happened in Ascendancy with the background imagery being way too big for lightweight computers to handle.
Other than that, it looks like the game tried to look for thin air, and got just that. Thin air.

Yeah I don't think this is related to a missing variant... There is a bit of *interesting* code I wrote that determines a hull id from a variant id, but I don't think it would throw this error, and certainly not in the combat system...

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

maybe cancel all the "small" fleets that have "attack" staton order cuz they are extremely annoying & makes the game bid boring to endlessly chase them down           maybe just let them wander with no purpose in the system aka- patrol
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

I don't know, those attack fleets are kinda important to people who haven't yet built up a good fleet, and they usually don't hurt much. I do however think that having a few fleets wander the system would be a good idea. They can be patrolling in times of peace, hoping to intercept supplies in times of war, and overall will add to he mod to where not every ship is either camping a station or moving to a new station.

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »

I only had this error on first startup, its perfectly fine now though

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »

maybe cancel all the "small" fleets that have "attack" staton order cuz they are extremely annoying & makes the game bid boring to endlessly chase them down           maybe just let them wander with no purpose in the system aka- patrol

I don't know, those attack fleets are kinda important to people who haven't yet built up a good fleet, and they usually don't hurt much. I do however think that having a few fleets wander the system would be a good idea. They can be patrolling in times of peace, hoping to intercept supplies in times of war, and overall will add to he mod to where not every ship is either camping a station or moving to a new station.

Yeah I have been toying with this idea. I think it would be good to move a couple of fleets from guard/attack duties to patrol (if peace) and raid (if war). Will do for next version :)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2013, 03:46:02 AM »

Sounds good :)
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:30 AM »

its me again
can you chante the time that NEW faction will spawn (6 months it's bit too long)
also maybe on New game set at every 2-4 station per faction at the new game cuz i think 4 (includes player) faction spawning at the begining is low , so maybe when yo choose 10 stations per system it will spawn 5 factions (including player) if set 20 stations per system it will set 10 factions OR just spawn everyone & watch the mayhem ;P
& last thing  if player looses last station there must be spawn more fleets cuz that 1 can do manure ;p + even if capture anything its impossible to grown back cuz player is overwelmed by other's
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2013, 04:45:29 AM »

A configurable options portion located at the top of the script would be a great addition, for skirmish type modes
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2013, 05:27:56 AM »

hey,
excellent mod so far.

but i would love to be asked a couple of more questions at the beginning if possible
"Should faction x appear in this sector? "
  answer  : A simple YES or NO
and for all faction already built in.

maybe someone would like to stick to vanilla or doesn't like a specific faction for some reason.

chronosfear

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2013, 05:34:35 AM »

its me again
can you chante the time that NEW faction will spawn (6 months it's bit too long)
also maybe on New game set at every 2-4 station per faction at the new game cuz i think 4 (includes player) faction spawning at the begining is low , so maybe when yo choose 10 stations per system it will spawn 5 factions (including player) if set 20 stations per system it will set 10 factions OR just spawn everyone & watch the mayhem ;P
& last thing  if player looses last station there must be spawn more fleets cuz that 1 can do manure ;p + even if capture anything its impossible to grown back cuz player is overwelmed by other's

A configurable options portion located at the top of the script would be a great addition, for skirmish type modes

Ah I'm ahead of you already! :P

I have added the following starting question:
When you arrive at Exerelin, how many other factions are there with you initially?

With the following options:
1 other Faction
3 other Factions
6 other Factions
All factions you know of!
1 familiar face [Vanilla Only]
A few old friends [Vanilla Only]

1 other faction + no respawn pretty much equals a dual. All factions + largest amount of planets/stations is fun!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2013, 05:39:36 AM »

hey,
excellent mod so far.

but i would love to be asked a couple of more questions at the beginning if possible
"Should faction x appear in this sector? "
  answer  : A simple YES or NO
and for all faction already built in.

maybe someone would like to stick to vanilla or doesn't like a specific faction for some reason.

chronosfear

Thanks for the feedback :)

See above for some stuff in the next release.

I probably won't include an option to add/remove each faction at the game setup (as that would be A LOT of question/answer pages) but I have included a vanilla only setting. And I start a LOT of new games  :)

Also, somewhere back in the thread I outlined how to set the factions specifically. I'll add it to the initial post as well so that it's slightly more obvious (as it is very easy to edit the file and restrict specific factions).

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

An interesting thing happens with CTRL+clicking and 0 crew bug. You can pick up infinite stacks of them. It then spread to all my different crew levels and it wiped out 3k regulars. I'm glad it wasn't a hardcore save.

This was on version .32 for future reference.

Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141