Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917074 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.31
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2013, 06:26:45 AM »

I think you forgot the variants folder for Shadowyards HI ... not a single one of theirs ships have weapons mounted.

Damn, I had specified them as just the hull in the fleet, so yeah ships with no guns... Sigh...  :P

I have fixed and there is a new version 0.31.

Sorry for the bother!   :)

Hmmm... sounds like a problem I had when working out the Variant Selector actually.  I wonder what could be wrong.

Edit:  Looking through the folders, it looks like SHIVariantSelector didn't get into the file, so I'm going to try importing it in the various "X"SpawnPoint java files and seeing if I can integrate it.

E: E:  Alright, that wasn't too hard.

The attached file is just the SHIVariantSelector under a different name, but could easily be expanded to include all ships in the mod.  Because the fleet selection gets called by a different .java file in this case, there's no need to bother CollectionUtils and weighted random fleet selections, so all that really needs to be done (besides importing the script) is to tell the spawning script (e.g. AttackFleetSpawnPoint) to randomize the Fleet, like so:

Code
getLocation().spawnFleet(getAnchor(), 0, 0, fleet);
ExerelinVariantSelector.randomizeFleet(fleet);
fleet.setPreferredResupplyLocation(getAnchor());

The VariantSelector script works by looking for a specific string in a ships variant ID when it spawns a fleet, this being "_Hull," and then replacing it with a variant from a hash mapped list.  Unfortunately when it doesn't work you get unarmed ships scooting about your solar system, which is exactly the problem reported, though in this case the script simply wasn't implemented rather than wrongly implemented, which was the problem I had been having when I was first trying to implement this.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:16:18 AM by MShadowy »

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »

I have found a weird bug. Playing as valkyrians the first fleet invasion fleet is valkyrians, then the team maxi ally becomes independents in every way from the fleets the have to what's in their stations. As I said: very weird.

sarducardun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

Okay half of my council fleets are named 'Independent' as well but they have council ships.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.3
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »

If i choose hegemony and a brown hegemony fleet shows up is it my ally? I haven't had a chance to interact with that fleet yet.
Hmmm the last scenario you mention shouldn't be possible, and it hasn't in any of my testing... Can you please make sure both you and them are Hegemony? If you both are then that's a bug... :( However, Rebel fleets will impersonate a faction and will be named something like "Rebel Hegemony Blockade Fleet", and they will be at war with you (if you are Hegemony) so that maybe what you are seeing?

It is hegemony out-system attack fleet. When i interact with them they're neutral to me. I chose hegemony, and free. When the pop-up happened i thought i was getting a free station, but when i looked at the map they were brown instead of green like the one that spawned when i first started the game. It is still version .1 in case it matters. I still haven't gotten to .3 yet.

I'd like to make a suggestion for the fleet names. While out-system is perfectly understandable it could have a smoother name. Like extrasolar. I forget which prefix is for in though. I want to say intr. Like intravenous or introverted.

I suppose it is largely a stylistic thing though. If your fleets are labeled planetary defence fleet 1-5, and your attack fleets are labeled A-E then out-system is part of that flavor. It would be very interesting to have different naming conventions based on faction though. Like the transports used for station supplies.

That's enough rambling for now. I want to try .31
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »

I have found a weird bug. Playing as valkyrians the first fleet invasion fleet is valkyrians, then the team maxi ally becomes independents in every way from the fleets the have to what's in their stations. As I said: very weird.

Okay half of my council fleets are named 'Independent' as well but they have council ships.

Hmmm I'm not quite sure what to make of this one. If you play as valkyrians then your fleets should be something like "Player valkyrian Defense Fleet", "Player valkyrian Attack Fleet" etc. Likewise, if you play as Council, you fleets will be named "Player council Defense Fleet". I just played a couple of games and all seemed to be OK?

If anything goes wrong setting up a chosen faction, Exerelin will default your faction to Independent, so perhaps that is what is happening? If possible, can you delete the Exerelin folder (in the mods folder) and re-download 0.31?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »

@MShadowy

Ah OK, now I understand why they were just hulls :) Exerelin builds it's fleets based on the fleet specified in the .faction file. Once built, it'll remove ships until the station has enough resources to build the fleet and then it will spawn. It is the same code that does this for all factions, the differences are just in the .faction files fleet compositions. I'd probably prefer to keep this approach as it makes it a lot easier when adding other factions and just generally managing the code.

I'm hoping Alex will add a getAllVariantsForShipId() API method at some point (if there is something like that I haven't found it) which would make things like this a lot easier :)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »

Alright, I too have had a faction turn into independents, my own. Basically, here I was with three dominators two lashers and a hound trying to defend my three pirate stations against the combined alliance of gedune, council, and lotus. The station defence fleets were completely wiped out, the council were everywhere with their particularly powerful ships, and I was assassinating boarding ships (in-system station attack fleets) in order to keep my stations alive. We had just ended up at peace with the lotus conglomerate when the white background of death reared its ugly head, and I saved my game, restarted starsector, and re-loaded. I don't actually know when the change from pirates to independents was made, nor even if it was before or after the save since I had already made a later save by the time i realized that I was no longer a pirate, but by the time I had finally fought off the other enemy ships and boarders until peace once again reigned in the system, I looked at my fleets and stations and realized that I was independent.

Hopefully the in-depth story will help you to find the bug.

Also, I noticed that once the stations and fleets in the system get up to full power, it is near-impossible for fleets of other allegiances to get a foot-hold past all of the defense fleets when the new arrivals are immediately beset upon by an alliance of three. I noticed a poor antediluvian fleet arrive in the system to be attacked by that triple-threat, and the only thing that remained of them after just a couple in-game days was a fully armed antediluvian capital ship taking part in the attack of my own stations, having been captured by an already large council fleet. I suspect that the fleets such as this are going to need a bit of an increase in power before they are able to really affect much.

Also, I would love for there to be an option for even more than the current number of planets and stations available, even if it does result in a bit of overlapping.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, the regular attack fleets, while sent out in a time of war, will continue to fly around the opposing stations long after a peace has been reached.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:21:19 PM by sirboomalot »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »

@sarducardun

@sirboomalot

Ugh damn really sorry, silly dumb mistake on my part, unfortunately I play as Independent quite a bit and hadn't noticed it! Please grab new version 0.32, but you will need to start a new game :(

RE late game station attack fleets:
Yeah this is an issue. I've got an idea for a change that should alleviate some of this issue, just need to implement it. Next version :)

RE more game setup options:
Yep will do. Next version :)

RE attack/defense fleet not responding quickly to relationship changes:
Yeah another thing I have been meaning to implement. Next version :)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.32
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »

The front-page link is give'n me a 404 error...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »

The front-page link is give'n me a 404 error...

Sorry, laptop went to sleep before sync finished :( Should be up in a couple of minutes.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2013, 03:18:39 AM »

This mod takes SO many things right.

sarducardun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:17 AM »

New version works fine. Thanks a bunch for this awesome mod.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2013, 05:16:08 AM »

so far so good, but some old bugs still present like:
friendly faction attacks
2,3,4 ect. stations at one planet
& some issue : when NEW faction apears in the system they dont have a chance to start any action on totally occupied system, maybe add more fleets that will attack same station (do not spread them in all system) so maybe 3-4 attacking bigg fleets
& one last thing that just disturbed me , but words are not enough
Spoiler
[close]
                                                                                                                                                    ::)
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:46 AM »

friendly faction attacks
& some issue : when NEW faction apears in the system they dont have a chance to start any action on totally occupied system, maybe add more fleets that will attack same station (do not spread them in all system) so maybe 3-4 attacking bigg fleets
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah still a few annoying things...  :P

For the next version I've changed the faction-comeback a bit so they'll spawn up to three (approx 40% larger than they are now) fleets to take a station. Once/If it is conquered they will hang round for a while to help defend, and they will all put resources in so it should get off to a good start. I don't want to go too far and have a faction come in from Out-System and blitz the field though... :)

Unfortunately Friendly-faction attacks may not be that solvable by me. I'm working on a re-work of the faction relationship/diplomacy stuff that will hopefully let me do a few other interesting things, but a player attacking an ally, and not triggering 'hostile'... I'm not sure I'll be able to solve that one just yet... :(

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2013, 08:06:28 AM »

friendly faction attacks
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah still a few annoying things...  :P

For the next version I've changed the faction-comeback a bit so they'll spawn up to three (approx 40% larger than they are now) fleets to take a station. Once/If it is conquered they will hang round for a while to help defend, and they will all put resources in so it should get off to a good start. I don't want to go too far and have a faction come in from Out-System and blitz the field though... :)

Unfortunately Friendly-faction attacks may not be that solvable by me. I'm working on a re-work of the faction relationship/diplomacy stuff that will hopefully let me do a few other interesting things, but a player attacking an ally, and not triggering 'hostile'... I'm not sure I'll be able to solve that one just yet... :(

It's possible, I solved it like this:

Code
private void Betrayal_n_Resign() {
        CargoAPI player_cargo = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getCargo();
        if (player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent") < player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent_extra")) {player_factionapi.setRelationship("independent_extra", player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent"));}
        if (player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent_extra") < player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent")) {player_factionapi.setRelationship("independent", player_factionapi.getRelationship("independent_extra"));}
        if (player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates") < player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates_extra")) {player_factionapi.setRelationship("pirates_extra", player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates"));}
        if (player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates_extra") < player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates")) {player_factionapi.setRelationship("pirates", player_factionapi.getRelationship("pirates_extra"));}
        if ("Sovereign".equals(uscData.player_bloc_name)) {player_bloc_sum = player_factionapi.getRelationship(hegemony.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(interstellarFederation.getId());}
        else if ("Supremacy".equals(uscData.player_bloc_name)) {player_bloc_sum = player_factionapi.getRelationship(tritachyon.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(shadow_industry.getId());}
        else if ("Pirate".equals(uscData.player_bloc_name)) {player_bloc_sum = player_factionapi.getRelationship(pirates.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(junk_pirates.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(gedune.getId());}
        else if ("Corporate".equals(uscData.player_bloc_name)) {player_bloc_sum = player_factionapi.getRelationship(neutrinocorp.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(blackrock_driveyards.getId());}
        else if ("Invaders".equals(uscData.player_bloc_name)) {player_bloc_sum = player_factionapi.getRelationship(thulelegacy.getId()) + player_factionapi.getRelationship(valkyrian.getId());}
        if (player_bloc_sum < old_player_bloc_sum) {
            Global.getSector().addMessage("You betrayed the " + uscData.player_bloc_name + " Bloc! The factions turned hostile to you. Every communication is now blocked.", Color.RED);
            uscData.player_bloc_name = "HARDCORE";
            uscData.player_faction_name = "NOFAC";
            uscData.player_faction_id = "player";
            Bloc_Factions(uscData.player_bloc_name);
            player_factionapi.setRelationship(faction_1.getId(), -1);
            player_factionapi.setRelationship(faction_2.getId(), -1);
            player_factionapi.setRelationship(faction_3.getId(), -1);
        }

Basically checks each day if your relationship is even slightly lower the the day before and if that's true trigger the betrayal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 141