Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917107 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic system and faction war mod - V0.11
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

you may want to clean up system generation a little bit. that's four stations pretty much over top of each other. two to each planet, which are almost colliding. not a huge deal, just threw me for a bit.

also @ Uomoz I wish, but I haven't the foggiest idea where to start combining this and yours lol. if anyone else does and needs a bugtester or anything I will gladly step up, but I don't have the coding skills myself to do so lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »

more language nitpicking I'm afraid :P

the prefix "inter-" means between, not within. So international means between nations and intercontinental means between continents

therefore, by calling fleets "inter-system" you're saying they operate between different systems, not that they operate within the system. For that, "in-system" would be more appropriate, and the current "out-system" could be named "inter-system" instead

damn that makes me feel like a nitpicking ****, again, great mod and all, I'm not saying it's bad by any means, hope you don't take it as such :)

Haha your right, weird I never noticed that! I will change inter to just in but I think I will leave out system as out, a bit easier to identify when just looking at the names :)

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »

1. No, other factions weapons and ships are only available via combat. The idea is to keep a factionish feel and make the starting faction choice meaningful.
2. Max 5 attack fleets and 5 defense fleets per station. They will differ in size depending on available resources.
2a. Crew, Fuel, Marines and Supplies are used to build fleets (the amount depends on the number of ships in the fleet). If you give supplies/fuel/crew/marines to your stations the should spawn faster/larger fleets but you need to have enough of each resource.
2b. I suspect so, but there are inter-system convoys that do this for you (to a degree). They trigger off at 2000 of a resource and transfer in lots of 500. So if you have 2000 fuel and supplies at a station a inter-system convoy will transport 500 fuel and 500 supplies, reducing the station to 1500 of each. Also, whatever planet type (gas, normal, moon) determines extra resources a station gets periodically. gas = fuel, normal planet = crew/marines and moon = supplies.
Ah, okay. Thanks for elaborating.

therefore, by calling fleets "inter-system" you're saying they operate between different systems, not that they operate within the system. For that, "in-system" would be more appropriate, and the current "out-system" could be named "inter-system" instead
As a counter-nitpick, the opposite of inter- would be intra- (but the two words are pretty awkwardly similar).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:17:20 AM by Talkie Toaster »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »

Haha your right, weird I never noticed that! I will change inter to just in but I think I will leave out system as out, a bit easier to identify when just looking at the names :)
Why not: inner system and outer system?
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

trying out the mod and loving it! I have to ask, is it possible to mix this and UC? I would love to see that happen but I have none of the skills needed to make it happen on my own. Anybody know how to do that/already done it? thanks!

edit: also, suggestion. I think it would be nice if we could set some constants at the beginning of the game rather than have it all be random. number of factions, number of planets, that kind of stuff.

I like this concept, if you need any help integrating something from the community I have a lot of interesting stuff (like weapon_ids and ship_ids lists for all modded factions, divided by tiers and classes to have very specific drop lists).

Thanks Uomoz, I definitely want to expand it to include other factions and I would probably like to start with some of the ones from Uomoz Corvus! Exerelin already supports other factions, I was hoping to have it just pick up factions from other mods you had installed but I don't think that will be possible (yet), and that leaves bundling other mods with Exerelin. No problem but I want to get the OK from mod authors before bundling their stuff :)

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »

Those terms would both refer to 'intra-system' fleets. Really, in-system and out-system works best.

I've found an interesting little bug:
1. 0-count crew stack in a station
2. That apparently is infinitely large when picked up

Also, could the number of PD weapons per shipment get upped? It's actually quite hard to load out Eagles with enough PD playing as Independent.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 06:17:56 PM »

Those terms would both refer to 'intra-system' fleets. Really, in-system and out-system works best.

I've found an interesting little bug:
1. 0-count crew stack in a station
2. That apparently is infinitely large when picked up

Also, could the number of PD weapons per shipment get upped? It's actually quite hard to load out Eagles with enough PD playing as Independent.

Yeah can't quite seem to chase that issue down. I *think* it happens when crew gets reduced below 0 when two fleets spawn at once, very irritating when it happens tho :(

I'll look into the pd issue, I might just raise the chance of pd weapons a bit. I kind of like the idea of not having exactly what you need :)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 08:09:20 PM »

Yeah can't quite seem to chase that issue down. I *think* it happens when crew gets reduced below 0 when two fleets spawn at once, very irritating when it happens tho

shouldn't be.... I spawn 3 fleets at once and that never happened... but then again I never had crew drop so low either...

maybe add an if statement to set crew to 0 if under 0, just for good measure?

I'll look into the pd issue, I might just raise the chance of pd weapons a bit. I kind of like the idea of not having exactly what you need

while balance isn't quite there yet, I agree with the second point. The main reason I love this mod is I think it points nicely to what starfarer might be like in the future, what with all the constant warfare and making do with a makeshift fleet that's really poorly put together.

I was running a conquest with 3 main (large) guns for months before I got a hellbore off a dominator, then I ran 3 mjonir and a hellbore... That awkwardness is awesome in its own way ;D
mmm.... tartiflette

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.3
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »

Bit of an update. I had originally planned a 0.2 but got carried away and ended up doing most of my 0.3 planned work too!

Code
 - Added custom factions
   - shadowyards, syndicateasp, junkpirate, nomad, council, blackrock, antediluvian, valkyrian, lotusconglomerate, gedune
 - Added Exerelin system setup options when starting a new game
   - Number of planets, asteroid belts, stations, faction respawn
 - Added small wage paid weekly when playing with the option 'paying for things'
 - Changed out system faction fleets to not appear until 6 months have passed
 - Slightly reduced amount of fuel and crew generated in stations
 - Slightly reduced amount of all resources generated and delivered for players faction

- Added faction rebel blockades
   - Will target 1 or 2 of a leading factions stations and attempt to blockade it, wasting valuable resources for that faction
 - Added trade guild supply runs
   - Will attempt to deliver resources to a lagging faction to give them a bit of help
 - Changed out system fleets to conquer stations immediately at start of game
 - Changed out system fleets only come when faction is not in system
 - Changed station attack ships to spawn less
 - Changed as many references to player to say players chosen faction
 - Increased likelihood of pd weapons for independent
 - Renamed inter-system fleets to in-system fleets

Given the number of new factions there will no doubt be some balance issues and/or integration issues with the new community factions. Please let me know of any issues you encounter.

Again, many thanks to the community factions authors for allowing me to include their outstanding work :)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 02:43:42 AM »

hope there will be next version (if needed ;p) till weekend :) so i can play some

praise the lord
can't wait till i check it out :D... tomorrow  :(
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:11 AM »

I think i may have gotten a little carried away trying out this mod...  I'm not even sure when i started.

Does buying up all the AI personnel and supplies actually adversely affect their spawns? I couldn't tell for sure. Once i put it in my bases it'd spawn one or two large fleets the next day.

Is there a benefit to choosing pirates? Or is it self imposed challenge mode?

If i choose hegemony and a brown hegemony fleet shows up is it my ally? I haven't had a chance to interact with that fleet yet.

Fantastic mod  ;D I'm excited about .3
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 04:02:00 AM »

I think i may have gotten a little carried away trying out this mod...  I'm not even sure when i started.

Does buying up all the AI personnel and supplies actually adversely affect their spawns? I couldn't tell for sure. Once i put it in my bases it'd spawn one or two large fleets the next day.

Is there a benefit to choosing pirates? Or is it self imposed challenge mode?

If i choose hegemony and a brown hegemony fleet shows up is it my ally? I haven't had a chance to interact with that fleet yet.

Fantastic mod  ;D I'm excited about .3

By buying resources from the AI station you'll stop them from building fleets, but stations replenish resources and convoys deliver them so that may have happened in the meantime.

Pirates (and a few of the other factions) are definitely more difficult to get very far with! I'm undecided whether to tweak that too much at the moment, as it does rather nicely give different difficulty levels... :)

Hmmm the last scenario you mention shouldn't be possible, and it hasn't in any of my testing... Can you please make sure both you and them are Hegemony? If you both are then that's a bug... :( However, Rebel fleets will impersonate a faction and will be named something like "Rebel Hegemony Blockade Fleet", and they will be at war with you (if you are Hegemony) so that maybe what you are seeing?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 05:14:14 AM »

I think you forgot the variants folder for Shadowyards HI ... not a single one of theirs ships have weapons mounted.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.31
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »

I think you forgot the variants folder for Shadowyards HI ... not a single one of theirs ships have weapons mounted.

Damn, I had specified them as just the hull in the fleet, so yeah ships with no guns... Sigh...  :P

I have fixed and there is a new version 0.31.

Sorry for the bother!   :)

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.31
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:13 AM »

Hmm... this looks nice, maybe I'll check it out :P
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 141