Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917254 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic system and faction war mod
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 11:16:53 PM »

do u have lazylib?
mmm.... tartiflette

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 12:12:17 AM »

Whats that? I probably dont have it. So from you asking it, i'm assuming that i should get it right?

EDIT: Derp. I never read the full post. didnt see it says that it was a requirement.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:03:36 AM by Decer304 »
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:12 AM »

Whats that? I probably dont have it. So from you asking it, i'm assuming that i should get it right?

EDIT: Derp. I never read the full post. didnt see it says that it was a requirement.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5444.0
download it , EXTRACT it, put in mod folder , check in as a regular mode when starting game, have fun
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic system and faction war mod - V0.11
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 02:07:22 AM »

Thanks all for the feedback (especially gunny!), I've uploaded a new version with a few changes that should hopefully help out a bit.

Code
0.11 - Added faction weapon sets
     - Added delay on station capture
     - Increased faction respawn chance if wiped out
       - Player faction will respawn immediatly if wiped out
     - Added check to ensure planet name only applied once
     - A few other bits and pieces
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:09:41 AM by Zaphide »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 04:47:23 AM »

1'st game - so far so good, glad about capture delay :) wish i have more time to check it all out BUT... time is a penny & i need MY PENNY !!
but as for now i can tell there's no such issue with the camping just to NOT let any capture fleets to take over your last bastion (station) ;p
PS: hope there will be next version (if needed ;p) till weekend :) so i can play some
PS2: still problem with "Friendly's" player can ( i think) hunt them with no consequences
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 07:55:04 AM »

played as independents and on two separate saves are getting no supply convoys so i am stuck with captured buffalos and the starter ship any ideas
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

ganjou234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:42 AM »

I haven't tried the mod yet, but I wanted to ask a question. Does it include a feature where the faction you just conquered, after a few days, would try to retaliate with many gigantic fleets and you'd have to defend your newly claimed territory. Kinda like an event. EVENT : Hegemony Reclaimer fleet Inbound....

just askin :D  ???

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »

trying out the mod and loving it! I have to ask, is it possible to mix this and UC? I would love to see that happen but I have none of the skills needed to make it happen on my own. Anybody know how to do that/already done it? thanks!

edit: also, suggestion. I think it would be nice if we could set some constants at the beginning of the game rather than have it all be random. number of factions, number of planets, that kind of stuff.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »

hum...so i started a new game as tri-tach and got all factions to spawn.
i guess ship flying stupidly around a station for 90seconds (i timed it) is how you stop "ninja capping" (its horribly annoying to watch, especially when its with you first fleet after game start and enemy ship capture the base while turning around it for half the time (i also timed it).

and err...so im 20minutes in. everyone captured like 3 stations on average. i decide to attack hegemony atlas ship to delay them. after some raids i go back to HQ
and theres this huge out-of-system hegemony fleet camping my base (a planet with 3 stations around it).

erhm...i dont recall that faction having any trouble surviving up to now in my game. where the **** did that fleet come from ?

not to be vulgar, its just a nice mod that i cant enjoy because i keep encountering dumb/frustrating moment like those

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »

Having played for a while, this is definitely great.

Another few questions, though:
1. Are we supposed to be unable to buy weapons/ships from neutral/friendly factions? Their stations, even ones that've been established for quite a long time, only ever seem to have crew and cargo.
2. What sort of metric is used to determine how many fleets a station spawns, and is there a cap? So
2a. If we take weapons/fuel/cargo from defeated fleets and drop them in our own stations, will that improve them?
2b. If we have 1 station with say 2000 cargo, are we better off manually transporting 1000 cargo to a station with none?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »

trying out the mod and loving it! I have to ask, is it possible to mix this and UC? I would love to see that happen but I have none of the skills needed to make it happen on my own. Anybody know how to do that/already done it? thanks!

edit: also, suggestion. I think it would be nice if we could set some constants at the beginning of the game rather than have it all be random. number of factions, number of planets, that kind of stuff.

I like this concept, if you need any help integrating something from the community I have a lot of interesting stuff (like weapon_ids and ship_ids lists for all modded factions, divided by tiers and classes to have very specific drop lists).

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »

played as independents and on two separate saves are getting no supply convoys so i am stuck with captured buffalos and the starter ship any ideas

Sorry, that hasn't happened to me. :( Maybe delete the Exerelin mod folder (and maybe LazyLib) and re-download

I haven't tried the mod yet, but I wanted to ask a question. Does it include a feature where the faction you just conquered, after a few days, would try to retaliate with many gigantic fleets and you'd have to defend your newly claimed territory. Kinda like an event. EVENT : Hegemony Reclaimer fleet Inbound....

just askin :D  ???

Yep if a faction is knocked out (or doesn't start) it has a chance to come back with a large fleet and hopefully conquer a station.

You can but it is a bit fiddly. I've included some instructions in the first post but understandably they are not very straightforward. I'll try and work out a better way.

And yeah, I'll expand the constant selection at the start to include things like that. On my things to do list :)

hum...so i started a new game as tri-tach and got all factions to spawn.
i guess ship flying stupidly around a station for 90seconds (i timed it) is how you stop "ninja capping" (its horribly annoying to watch, especially when its with you first fleet after game start and enemy ship capture the base while turning around it for half the time (i also timed it).

and err...so im 20minutes in. everyone captured like 3 stations on average. i decide to attack hegemony atlas ship to delay them. after some raids i go back to HQ
and theres this huge out-of-system hegemony fleet camping my base (a planet with 3 stations around it).

erhm...i dont recall that faction having any trouble surviving up to now in my game. where the **** did that fleet come from ?

not to be vulgar, its just a nice mod that i cant enjoy because i keep encountering dumb/frustrating moment like those

No worries, all feedback is good! Out system attack fleets (other than the starting ones) will hang round and defend the station they conquer, which can be annoying at the start of the game. I might put a timer so that only happens after 6 months of game time or similar.

Having played for a while, this is definitely great.

Another few questions, though:
1. Are we supposed to be unable to buy weapons/ships from neutral/friendly factions? Their stations, even ones that've been established for quite a long time, only ever seem to have crew and cargo.
2. What sort of metric is used to determine how many fleets a station spawns, and is there a cap? So
2a. If we take weapons/fuel/cargo from defeated fleets and drop them in our own stations, will that improve them?
2b. If we have 1 station with say 2000 cargo, are we better off manually transporting 1000 cargo to a station with none?

1. No, other factions weapons and ships are only available via combat. The idea is to keep a factionish feel and make the starting faction choice meaningful.
2. Max 5 attack fleets and 5 defense fleets per station. They will differ in size depending on available resources.
2a. Crew, Fuel, Marines and Supplies are used to build fleets (the amount depends on the number of ships in the fleet). If you give supplies/fuel/crew/marines to your stations the should spawn faster/larger fleets but you need to have enough of each resource.
2b. I suspect so, but there are inter-system convoys that do this for you (to a degree). They trigger off at 2000 of a resource and transfer in lots of 500. So if you have 2000 fuel and supplies at a station a inter-system convoy will transport 500 fuel and 500 supplies, reducing the station to 1500 of each. Also, whatever planet type (gas, normal, moon) determines extra resources a station gets periodically. gas = fuel, normal planet = crew/marines and moon = supplies.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

This seems rather cool and unique :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »

nah it was just some of the other mods that conflicted lol got rid of those now it works :D
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 09:28:01 PM »

more language nitpicking I'm afraid :P

the prefix "inter-" means between, not within. So international means between nations and intercontinental means between continents

therefore, by calling fleets "inter-system" you're saying they operate between different systems, not that they operate within the system. For that, "in-system" would be more appropriate, and the current "out-system" could be named "inter-system" instead

damn that makes me feel like a nitpicking ****, again, great mod and all, I'm not saying it's bad by any means, hope you don't take it as such :)
mmm.... tartiflette
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 141