Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917050 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644
« Reply #2010 on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »

Your cries have been acknowledged, O' mightly Lopunny.

***Make sure you have the latest version of Citadel too, balance changes have been made in the latest release***

The Plasma Launcher? That special weapon is meant to combat fighter wings and poorly shielded ships, just like the Hyperion can wreck an Onslaught. Its parent ship is also very fragile and difficult to keep repaired.

The Vixen Drone? You need graviton beams. It is meant to be a thorn in the side of frigate fleets, not just a wimpy drone attached to a wimpy little civilian-converted destroyer. It has also been nerfed as of the latest release to include a phase skimmer rather than a fortress shield, so that should make it easier to kill with standard weapons.

While the features above may need some balancing, you need to learn a very important lesson: You can't Blackrock your way out of every situation, sir. Good day.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 07, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »

I love the new version - the faction influence bar is pretty cool, just a little step ahead of the real thing. :)

My only gripe so far is just that Batavia doesn't have the Gadila Mk.2 available in any of it's fleets, and thus, can't be purchased anywhere.  Unless it was left out intentionally, I'd like to see it put in for the official version.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 07, 2014, 03:17:09 PM »

I love the new version - the faction influence bar is pretty cool, just a little step ahead of the real thing. :)

My only gripe so far is just that Batavia doesn't have the Gadila Mk.2 available in any of it's fleets, and thus, can't be purchased anywhere.  Unless it was left out intentionally, I'd like to see it put in for the official version.

Yeah it's funny. I had been thinking about it on and off for a couple of months, penciling out a few things, and then I read Alex's Dev Blog about Faction Relationships :P

Still, we'll see how it all pans out. The influence mechanic in Exerelin may be completely replaced by the Vanilla relationship implementation in StarSector 0.65 but I like having influence separate as if the player is a member of a faction, they should still have individual influence with other factions even if the faction they currently are a part of is in a never ending war with other factions.

Re. Gadila Mk.2 - It wasn't left out intentionally so I'll see about adding that back in for the next release :)

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 07, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »

--- game not starting ---

Also, it says Exigency is out of sync with the new Exerelin.

Glad you got it going :)

What version of Exigency and Exerelin do you have? I'm sure I updated Exerelin for Exigency v0.6... but I have been wrong before (like, 3 posts up...  :P)

Turns out this was my fault, I didn't have Exigency updated. All this moving and hectic real-life drama has me spinning in circles.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 07, 2014, 08:31:48 PM »

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved OhNoesBunnies. You might look into using the Version Checker mod, as more mod authors support it and players use it as well it will help alleviate these kinds of mixups. It also offers interesting statistics to mod authors if they use certain web hosts, and the next update of the VC mod will add an amazing new functionality :)

News from the future taken from the last page of his thread*
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:43:12 PM by MesoTroniK »

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 07, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »

Is this normal? Or a bug?
Spoiler

[close]

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 08, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »

That has nothing to do with exerelin. I believe it is the invisible fighter bug in the current SS version.

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:10 AM »

That has nothing to do with exerelin. I believe it is the invisible fighter bug in the current SS version.

More bugs.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
After destroying all (deployed) Carrier, or what else had flight deck, it vanished. It was funny to see. ;)

And here, Zaphide, I'm back with another error for you. ;)
Spoiler
25683617 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinOrbitalStationInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelect ed(ExerelinOrbitalStationInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:113)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinOrbitalStationInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(ExerelinOrbitalStationInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:92)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.Öõo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:36:20 AM by AMDAMK »

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 09, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

So  I thought it would be fun to start in a faction, earn enough rep to get all of their good stuff, then abuse the omnifactory and go unaligned.  After loading up the Atlas and Valkyrie and everything to board an abandoned station I get this wonderful error...

Spoiler
1897206 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.ExerelinUtils.getCrewXPLevelForFaction(ExerelinUtils.java:578)
   at exerelin.ExerelinUtils.handlePlayerBoarding(ExerelinUtils.java:434)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.runHourly(TimeManager.java:33)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:186)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

Is it not possible to play unaligned and take over the sector for yourself?
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 09, 2014, 12:40:16 PM »

Spoiler
So  I thought it would be fun to start in a faction, earn enough rep to get all of their good stuff, then abuse the omnifactory and go unaligned.  After loading up the Atlas and Valkyrie and everything to board an abandoned station I get this wonderful error...

Spoiler
1897206 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
[close]
[close]

Nope, so far as i know, you need a faction to gain the control over the sector.. but i can be wrong  8)

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 12, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Nope, so far as i know, you need a faction to gain the control over the sector.. but i can be wrong  8)

Well that sucks, was hoping to hear from Zaphide on this.  Granted I guess it doesn't matter which faction you are since you end up doing most of the work yourself, not that that is a bad thing.
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 15, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »

My biggest concern is the more mods we get the harder it is to load and more data being used...question is can the game handle all these teams in the future...i mean my computer is over average and has 16 gigs og ram but i can only have 6 systems and 5 stations on each

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 15, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »

It depends on how many planets and, especially, how many asteroid belts you have.  I've run 12 systems with 3 planets per system, 5 stations, and 4 asteroid belts (rather enjoyable, I highly suggest that setup) and I've run it fine all the way through a game with Batavia with 3 other factions, and I'm currently going though a playthough with Exigency and 6 other factions with the same setup.

Also, although I'm pretty sure you've been asked this a million times, but try to up your vparams memory allocation for Starsector and replace the contents of the jre folder with a 64-bit version of Java if you have it (not all computers are 64-bit, but if it is, do that - it'll vastly increase performance).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:20:31 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »

I for one like to keep the star count at one with as many factions as possible, just like in the good'ol days before multiple star systems existed.

Tallinu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 15, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »

The first post says this works with Interstellar Federation, but Keptin's thread only lists 0.6.1a and says he isn't updating it (supposedly Kazi was going to but who knows) - last post was ages ago. Can that version still be run, or is there any way to make it work even in part, to get those awesome ship hull designs? Maybe adding them to some faction's list of ships?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 141