Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922770 times)

Mr5by5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.642
« Reply #1980 on: September 29, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

Awesome, thank you!  I think I actually figured it out about an hour ago as I started to get a running tally of my marines getting killed when I was by the station.  One more question - I was away from my faction's last orbital and it got taken before I could leave the faction.  Will I be stuck as "The Last Nutrino Corp Patriot", or will I eventually be able to get into another faction?  I have decent enough relations with several other factions to be able to trade so I can still get by OK, but no dock repairs are available as of yet so I am stuck with waiting to repair on my own.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »

another freaki error..what team has the fox drone...you know i should recommend having them send you the mod folder then you can have a zip for us to get them all at once instead of doing this one at a time and mixing things up...would make this so much easier

Edit: Its citadel drone...might want to look into that
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:08:34 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 29, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »

Awesome, thank you!  I think I actually figured it out about an hour ago as I started to get a running tally of my marines getting killed when I was by the station.  One more question - I was away from my faction's last orbital and it got taken before I could leave the faction.  Will I be stuck as "The Last Nutrino Corp Patriot", or will I eventually be able to get into another faction?  I have decent enough relations with several other factions to be able to trade so I can still get by OK, but no dock repairs are available as of yet so I am stuck with waiting to repair on my own.

Well, you have made me think of something: you can't leave from your faction if you have no stations left, as it won't show the option unless you are at a station owned by your faction... :P Sounds obvious but I completely missed that! I will change that for the next release so you can leave your faction from any station :)

another freaki error..what team has the fox drone...you know i should recommend having them send you the mod folder then you can have a zip for us to get them all at once instead of doing this one at a time and mixing things up...would make this so much easier

Edit: Its citadel drone...might want to look into that

Yes that was my fault. I have updated the Citadel definitions for the next release. If you are super eager, you could grab the latest DEV :)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »

sure :) where is it at?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:29:29 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

sure :) where is it at?

https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads - Go to Branches - Download as ZIP/GZ/BZ2 (on fair right) the 'master' branch

It'll give the folder a weird name but that is no problem :)

As an added bonus, it will also support the latest Lotus Conglomerate (v2.0) release :)

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 30, 2014, 02:08:56 AM »

It is unlikely I'll implement a 'battle system' type feature like you suggest; that is probably more appropriate for a completely new mod

A new mod, yeah? Would be awesome, but i don't have the experience for that, actually, I'm only able to modifiyng varius stuff, vanilla/ Modded, and see then, how it works, is it not working, how i think, it should be work, i'll make it better/ improve it.

But it must be a testformat, like XML, then i can make it, like the modding in Star Wars - Empire at War/+ Forces of Corruption, the whole mods are in XML, so i'm able to learn it fast, what is working, what give me an error, what is not working corrrectly, etc.

Maybe i will lokk into it, so i can realzised (?) it. :)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 30, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

There seems to be this problem again...there has to be a way to fix this

258726 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.class.int(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.ØØ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 30, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »

There seems to be this problem again...there has to be a way to fix this

258726 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.class.int(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.ØØ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit your vmparamfile, it is needed for exerilin
Code
-Xms512m -Xmx1024m

Did that not work, try higher number, if you have replaced the jre folder with 64bit version.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »

@Lopunny Zen

What kind of settings are you playing with (num stations etc.) and (to echo AMDAMK) what are your memory settings? Also, are you using 64bit JRE?

-----

Actually, kind of a general question, would people prefer if I hid the higher options for game setup (systems, planets etc.)? Maybe they could be re-enabled with a settings toggle?

Mr5by5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 30, 2014, 11:41:21 PM »

@Lopunny Zen
  I don't know how computer savvy you are, but if you are running a 64 bit machine, odds are that you have both a 32 bit AND a 64 bit version of Java installed.  I ran into some similar issues when I first tried Okim's Project Ironclads mod.  Turns out  I used the wrong JRE file to update the game.  I have a 64 bit machine running Win 8.0 and I accidentally used the 32-bit Java JRE file located in the "Program Files (X86)" folder.  Apparently the 64-bit Java folder is located in the "Program Files" folder, not the "Program Files (X86)" folder.  I have not had any more out of memory errors with any of the mods I have tried so far - Ironclads, Uomoz's, and Exerelin's most excellent mod.

@Zaphide
  Speaking of Project Ironclads, Okim has a couple nice hull mods that he added early on under the Construction skill - extended cargo bay, extended tanks, and extended crew quarters.  They add an extra 10% capacity to the applicable section.  Any chance you would consider something similar?  I miss being able to add that little bit of extra cargo capacity early-game.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 30, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »

I usually go for 4 to 6 small systems, 9 planets, 4 belts and 10 to 15 stations... Anything bigger is too long for my taste.

Speaking of game creation, I believe the numbers are completely random within their maximum range, using the previous limit as a lower range could help making more balanced systems (like 10 to 15 stations instead of 1 - 15) And for the ones that prefer as it is, a "complete random" setting could be added.

Maybe also an option to cluster the systems could come handy. If you start alone in an isolated system, you have a huge advantage against the other factions, and a boring start...

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 01, 2014, 02:49:11 AM »

Actually, kind of a general question, would people prefer if I hid the higher options for game setup (systems, planets etc.)? Maybe they could be re-enabled with a settings toggle?

You could use Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory() and hide options based on the results.

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 01, 2014, 02:51:32 AM »

@Lopunny Zen

...(to echo AMDAMK) what are your memory settings? Also, are you using 64bit JRE?

Remember, i think, we have correct them. And yes, I#m using the 64bit JRE, because my
Code
-Xms5120m -Xmx6144m
now.

Oh yeah, more options. :D

Oh, and what i see when I playing on
  • 24 Systems
  • 3 Planets
  • 5 Stations
  • 10 Belts
  • And all faction's you know of! ( Could/ can be maybe 12-15 factions? don't know actually, too many mods. :D)
  • Small systems
, is, that the system and planets are (extrem) far apart... and when i played on lower settings
  • 2 Systems
  • 3 Planets
  • 5 Stations
  • 0 Belts
  • Small
  • 1 additional faction.

Too far travel... An options, that they are closer, would be god.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 01, 2014, 03:43:29 AM »

@Zaphide
  Speaking of Project Ironclads, Okim has a couple nice hull mods that he added early on under the Construction skill - extended cargo bay, extended tanks, and extended crew quarters.  They add an extra 10% capacity to the applicable section.  Any chance you would consider something similar?  I miss being able to add that little bit of extra cargo capacity early-game.

Yeah I have thought about this a few times. I figured maybe making a separate stand alone mod for a number of 'general purpose' hull mods might be better, then it can be used with Exerelin or without :)

For something like this, I might wait and see how the next StarSector release comes together before doing anything.

I usually go for 4 to 6 small systems, 9 planets, 4 belts and 10 to 15 stations... Anything bigger is too long for my taste.

Speaking of game creation, I believe the numbers are completely random within their maximum range, using the previous limit as a lower range could help making more balanced systems (like 10 to 15 stations instead of 1 - 15) And for the ones that prefer as it is, a "complete random" setting could be added.

Maybe also an option to cluster the systems could come handy. If you start alone in an isolated system, you have a huge advantage against the other factions, and a boring start...

The number of planets in a system (which is random 1 - max selected) and moons dictates the number of stations, in conjunction with the max chosen from the starting options.

As you suggest, switching this to a minimum selected value would be more straight forward :D

And yeah, the clustered/ring/spiral etc type layouts would be great, I just need to implement it :P

You could use Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory() and hide options based on the results.

Yeah, good idea, or at least I could warn :)

It seems checking for 32/64bit of the JVM isn't as exact as it could be, but that is another option too.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.643
« Reply #1994 on: October 02, 2014, 02:36:19 AM »

Another update!

Exerelin v0.643
Link: https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.643.zip
Mainly another bug fix release, with updated support for some recently updated faction mods.

This update is save-compatible, but updates to faction mods may not be.

Please post any and all feedback :)

Changes:
Code
v0.643
- Added support for Lotus Conglomerate (v2.0)

- Updated citadel support (0.7.2)
- Updated support for Exigency v0.6

- Changed base level influence with faction (if player is a member of faction) to 60, down from 70

- Fixed some potential thread safe violations
- Fixed un-selectable ships in retrieve ships station option
- Fixed not being able to leave current faction from another factions station
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:11:00 AM by Zaphide »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 141