Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917047 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1845 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »

Deleted Citadel and Exerelin, downloaded lastest versions of both (Exerelin Dev) listed in the first post. Disabled all other mods and only running Exerelin, Citadel, ShaderLib and Lazylib.

Faction still doesn't show up.

I went to your bitbucket and downloaded the latest Master as the dev link in your first post is not the latest link.

Here is the Master I downloaded https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/get/master.zip

This build now has Citadel working in it. So using this the problem is solved.

Ah OK, my OP had a link to the specific commit.

Thanks, I've updated the OP with a more correct link :P
https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/get/master.zip

Ravencroft

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 22, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

Glad I could help and glad you could help. You have done a damn good job so please keep it going.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 23, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »

It worked! Quick question, where did the omnifactory and storage station go?

Nevermind, though I didn't see them when the system was fully occupied, but maybe I am blind.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:26:36 PM by Sunfire »

Golol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 24, 2014, 05:36:01 AM »

I need some help with the mod.
Right after starting out I only have a frigate (in videos I saw people starting with a small fleet, and I think remember it was that way when I tried exerelin some time ago) and I can't capture any stations the way it is described in the quick guide. Am I supposed to get bigger and bigger ships until I can "acces strategic command"? (the only option when I go to stations). There are barely any small fleets so i have no idea how I could build up.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 24, 2014, 07:51:53 AM »

Some of the station options are available only if you added points to the skills in the fifth apititude (scroll down below Industry).  I do not think they are worth the points if it interferes with your favored skill choices.

As for building up, it is hard because you very likely fight defense fleet-sized threats before you get all of the skills, equipment, and ships you want.  You need to play dirty and like a munchkin with overpowered ships.  (For Tri-Tachyon, Medusa and Paragon are good choices.)  Of course, if you can survive and repel the invaders, you will accumulate wealth and levels very fast.

Some tips:
  • Leadership, specifically Fleet Logistics, is mandatory.  It can be delayed until after level 30 if you want to go the Combat/Technology path.  You will fight plenty before you get a break to counterattack other factions yourself, and by then, your level will be close to or over 40.
  • If you ignore the fifth aptitude, Special Ops in the Leadership aptitude is mandatory when you want to take over stations with your fleet.
  • Stockpile a modicum of crew, marines, supplies, and fuel in your station when possible.  Your faction's stations will eventually gobble up excess it gets.  There may come times where you might need to sell some of your stockpiled goods to reinforce a station in danger, or you may need repairs badly, but you cannot use a beleaguered station because it used up the supplies spawning its fleets.
  • You should let your faction take over stations for you.  However, you need a presence in the system to encourage that, and you probably need to take over that first station in a system completely owned by another faction(s).
  • All alliances are temporary.  When you ally with another faction, buy out all of their marines as soon as possible.  When hostilities resume, take over the now weakened stations.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 24, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »

You *should* start off with an Atlas, Valkyrie (or troop carrier of your faction), and the frigate you choose to start off with.  If you didn't, try making a new game - I've never run into the bug yet.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Golol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 24, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »

I tried it countless times. some other strange things are:
-when I generate the map I can only choose the option that factions won't respawn, although i don't know if that's a bug
-when the game starts it says "you start out in the system blabla, but when i click next nothing happens. when i click leave I am somewhere in the hyperspace with a frigate

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 24, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »

Alright, so after some reading the text it gives you, you no longer start off with the ability to establish your own faction.  The text box that comes up when you start a new game gives you the system that your faction starts in.  Go to that system, find your Storage Facility, and go on as normal with the Mining Pods.

Was it that hard to try to go to the system that it told you in the text box?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 25, 2014, 02:03:29 AM »

Regarding the 'starting with a frigate instead of a frigate+atlas+troop ship' I removed that in the DEV as it was causing headaches to code around various little scenarios that popped up just because the player didn't actually have an initial station. So, I removed that in order to keep things simple :)

Also, the respawn option (in the initial setup options) has been temporarily removed as it would cause all sorts of problems if that code ran :P

Going forward, it is likely I will remove the 5th faction skill tree (which will also remove the restrictions on some actions such as 'Strategic Command') . I mostly agree with Megas, and feel that the skill point sacrifices aren't really worth it. The whole thing never really worked as well as I hoped :(

Golol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 25, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »

so i just have to go to the correct system and there i already have a faction?
good, because the uomoz game i played inbetween just left the early stage and from my point of view its barely different to usal starsector from that point on :D. now i can hopefully start an exerelin game.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 31, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »

Going forward, it is likely I will remove the 5th faction skill tree (which will also remove the restrictions on some actions such as 'Strategic Command') . I mostly agree with Megas, and feel that the skill point sacrifices aren't really worth it. The whole thing never really worked as well as I hoped :(
I 'like' some of them, in the gameplay sense of having to invest into them to get all functionality and also gating some of it with player level, the problem with them is not only having less skill points for your favourites, but also less aptitude, which is killer.

Have you taken a look at the skill tree in SS+? Its really rather well done ... there's a lot of nifty stuff in SS+ and the skill tree is one of the best parts. To get round the fact that the level skills are balanced around less skills, on non-aptitude levels you get 3 skill points. To make sure you have to spread them, it removes Navigation and spreads its per-level bonuses to level5/10 bonuses spread around lots of other skills.

At the very least, you could merge Fleet Management into Command Experience, merge the two diplomacy skills, merge Fleet Deployment and Station Industry, and place it all under leadership.

P.S. Loltrino rebel stompfleets wut wut
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:19:43 AM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »

Not really. Those are cargo drones that make up a lot of those fleets!

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 31, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »

Yeah, but it does have a fair few frigate drones, and there were 2 of those as soon as I started, before any defence fleets were formed.

Result: they were curbstomping my miners before they could leave to mine :D

Started a new game, which is going better, except figging nomads and tritach just setupup shop IN MAH PLANETS.

Btw, is it normal for my stations to be making a Higaran destroyer and Higaran PD weapons?
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »

Btw, is it normal for my stations to be making a Higaran destroyer and Higaran PD weapons?
It can happen. Things like auto fleets of your faction beating them up and bringing back their parts, or neutral traders bringing them.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 04, 2014, 01:49:16 PM »

is the Nomad Oasis available in this?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141