Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922977 times)

TotenKopf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.63
« Reply #1590 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:01 AM »

Hello all!

First, I absolutely love Starsector, Exerelin, and all the contributions from various folks. Been playing with this the last couple weeks and I'm really looking forward to whats to come. I really appreciate the hard work... thank you all!

So, like I say, I've been playing Exerelin for a couple weeks. Just updated to v0.63. Looks like it's a pretty huge update and I can't wait to try it! The caveat? When I go to start a new game, instead of starting like Exerelin used to for me (selecting system size, number of stations, etc.), it opens the vanilla Starsector dialogue about what I used to do for a living (flying for the Hegemony defense fleet or what have you) but then after that it drops me into an Exerelin game. This is fine but It always starts me as the Sindrian and I can't choose the game parameters.

I decided to uninstall everything starsector related and redownload the game along with all the mods (Lazylib, factions, everything). Still no joy. Did I forget to do something this time through? Had everything working before, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Fellas! 

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »

Hi Totenkopf!

I had a similar problem before as well and it turned out that ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java file was broken in some way.
Did you delete all mods before reinstalling?
Did you make sure all mods used in Exerelin are up to date?
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Kroma BaSyl

• Ensign
  • Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 13, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »

Is v0.63 save compatible with the last version?

BTW, thanks again, loving the mod.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24:43 AM »

I don't think it is save compatible, my save was generating an error.
But, since I'm constantly changing data while updating DSTech, I'm not entirely sure.
Could be I broke my save in a different way ...

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »

The mod seems to start up fine: I hit new game, pick all of the settings (system size, asteroid belts, factions, so on so forth), but once I'm in game, I have but a brief moment before this error message pops up: "Fatal: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z Check starsector log for more info"
It seems that the error pops up no matter what options I pick, as long as Exerelin is being used.

EDIT: Scratch that. Updating seemed to solve the problem completely.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:54:07 AM by Lolpingu »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 13, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »

I can confirm that a clean download works properly for me

Peter1x9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 13, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »

Congrats on the new release!  I've been having lots of fun with it.  I can also confirm that a clean download works properly.

My one complaint about the mod is the placement of factions at the start of a new Exerelin campaign.  I normally start a game with 9 factions and 12 available solar systems (factions don't respawn).  Most of the time the campaign starts me in a system with 2-3 other factions, even though there are more systems than factions. 

Is there a way for you to assign each faction to its own starting system?  Ex: If (the number of solar systems > the number of starting factions) then (place each faction by itself in its own solar system) else (use the current method of placing factions). 

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »

--- Only get normal vanilla startup options ---

Hi TotenKopf,

Which other mods are you running with Exerelin? If this happens it is usually because another mod is overriding the CharacterCreationPlugin.

Is v0.63 save compatible with the last version?

BTW, thanks again, loving the mod.

Sorry it is not save compatible :(

Any bugfix release I put out for 0.63 should be save compatible though.

The mod seems to start up fine: I hit new game, pick all of the settings (system size, asteroid belts, factions, so on so forth), but once I'm in game, I have but a brief moment before this error message pops up: "Fatal: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z Check starsector log for more info"
It seems that the error pops up no matter what options I pick, as long as Exerelin is being used.

EDIT: Scratch that. Updating seemed to solve the problem completely.

Glad to hear you solved it :)

Congrats on the new release!  I've been having lots of fun with it.  I can also confirm that a clean download works properly.

My one complaint about the mod is the placement of factions at the start of a new Exerelin campaign.  I normally start a game with 9 factions and 12 available solar systems (factions don't respawn).  Most of the time the campaign starts me in a system with 2-3 other factions, even though there are more systems than factions. 

Is there a way for you to assign each faction to its own starting system?  Ex: If (the number of solar systems > the number of starting factions) then (place each faction by itself in its own solar system) else (use the current method of placing factions). 

Yeah it's on my todo list, I just haven't got to it yet :)

I'll also be adding the option to start in a half or fully populated sector, so that hlaf/all the stations are owned at the start of the game.

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 13, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »

DSTech still does not work for me, for whatever reason.

TotenKopf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 13, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »

--- Only get normal vanilla startup options ---

Hi TotenKopf,

Which other mods are you running with Exerelin? If this happens it is usually because another mod is overriding the CharacterCreationPlugin.

Thanks for the responses!

A little more info. Starsector is v0.6.1a RC2. Exerelin is v0.63. Lazylib is 1.7 I believe. I'm using a number of faction mods to include Blackrock, Bushi, hiigaran, junk pirates, and Vayra's Theocracy faction; even with only exerelin and and lazy lib in the Mod folder I still get this problem. Regardless, I deleted them all and downloaded them fresh last night so I'm going to assume they are current releases. Those are all of the mods I'm using.

I'll try deleting the current installation and installing fresh DLs in a different directory... who knows, right? Also... I would have thought I would have to enter my key again after reinstalling... weird? I'm not exactly computer savvy. Lets see how fast I can do this.

TotenKopf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 13, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »

Still can't seem to get it working. Everything fresh, installed in a different directory. Whats weird is that the mods are already checked when the game loads up... I seem to remember having to do that manually. Is the game storing data somewhere that is surviving the uninstall.exe?

Should I be looking at the ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java.bin? How can I verify everything is as it should be? It all looks like I remember it in game when I preview it. Unfortunately replacing the vanilla plug with the Exerelin one doesn't work ;) Sigh... frustration!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 13, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

Still can't seem to get it working. Everything fresh, installed in a different directory. Whats weird is that the mods are already checked when the game loads up... I seem to remember having to do that manually. Is the game storing data somewhere that is surviving the uninstall.exe?

Should I be looking at the ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java.bin? How can I verify everything is as it should be? It all looks like I remember it in game when I preview it. Unfortunately replacing the vanilla plug with the Exerelin one doesn't work ;) Sigh... frustration!

StarSector writes some things to the registry/preferences, which will most likely survive an uninstall :)

So just to confirm: You're running only Exerelin+LazyLib, and the game setup options don't come up at character creation?

ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java will replace the vanilla CharacterCreationPluginImpl as long as the Exerelin mod is loaded, but it doesn't sound like that is happening here. Is it possible for you to upload/PM me your starsector.log file? It will be located somewhere in the StarSector folder.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 13, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »

Please go here:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2711.msg125421#msg125421

and download the newest version of the mod.
Did you download the version from the first post of the thread?
If yes please delete and use the link provided, the other version is outdated and only works with Starsector 0.5.2a.

I hope that solves the problem,

cheers!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:10:31 PM by Tecrys »

TotenKopf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 13, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »

So just to confirm: You're running only Exerelin+LazyLib, and the game setup options don't come up at character creation?

Correct.

So I went through the registry and cleaned up some things that I thought were related to StarSector; Now my machine hangs after POST. Once I get this all sorted out I'll get you the aforementioned .log file as soon as I am able. Sorry to be a PITA, thanks for looking into this for me... This mod is really kick@ss!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 13, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »

Please go here:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2711.msg125421#msg125421

and download the newest version of the mod.
Did you download the version from the first post of the thread?
If yes please delete and use the link provided, the other version is outdated and only works with Starsector 0.5.2a.

I hope that solves the problem,

cheers!

I have added an additional note against DSTech Corp (with the link to your updated version) in the 1st post in this thread :)

Correct.

So I went through the registry and cleaned up some things that I thought were related to StarSector; Now my machine hangs after POST. Once I get this all sorted out I'll get you the aforementioned .log file as soon as I am able. Sorry to be a PITA, thanks for looking into this for me... This mod is really kick@ss!

Ah damn... I didn't mean you should change things in the registry (unless of course you are comfortable doing so) :(

System restore hopefully? :)

And no worries, you probably aren't the only person with the issue anyways :)
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 141