Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917211 times)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.621
« Reply #1395 on: October 30, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

246233 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - GC overhead limit exceeded
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.FastStack.<init>(FastStack.java:26)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.Path.apply(Path.java:185)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.getReferenceKey(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:37)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:55)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:89)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:77)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)

How do i fix that...and yes it compresses and yes its x512 x512...dont know if lower or higher is better

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.62
« Reply #1396 on: October 30, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »

--- GC overhead limit exceeded ---

--- GC overhead limit exceeded ---

Hmmm perhaps you two could PM me your save files? (if you are not using compression you'll need to ZIP them up and then upload them with mediafire or similar).

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 30, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

i am using compression amd still not helping...this is stupid...i have a gaming machine and this game cant even function on a basic level and now its unplayable...cant even send the COMPRESSED file the game is so big...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:24:09 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 30, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

Ah, the joys of playing huge mods with a game that isn't optimised yet ^_^

Really, really loving playing with this mod now, since making to appropriate changes! Even though when I end a play session corruption is pretty much assured, I'm still having tonnes of fun. Not running with save compression, and oddly enough the game runs pretty smoothly with 4 systems, and maxed out everything else.

As it turns out, repeatedly playing a huge war campaign is pretty good for spotting areas in need of balance/tweaking in my own mod ;)

I cannot wait for the day that StarSector is optimised for this sort of thing :D

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 30, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »

Lopunny,

I'm not sure about your level of understanding but, If you're using a 64-bit system you may need to modify and run the game from the batch file located in your starsector-core folder. Mine looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms512m -Xmx5g -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=mods -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

The REALLY important part which is right at the beginning is this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

Which points starsector at your 64-bit java. As starsector uses it's own native environment and is not supposed to run the level of crazy that's involved with exerelin.

And this:

-Xms512m -Xmx5g

Which tells Java how much memory should be applied to starsector. Really important as exerelin needs (from what I've discovered) at least 5g of ram to run at the max of everything and still be able to save and run at more than one fps on the strategic map.

Doing this may help you, I'm not sure. My level of Java voodoo is laymen at best. It worked for me however. I basically copied mine off of another person on the forums (can't find the post or their name or I would credit them). There may actually be some details in that long string of whooptie that I don't need or want so there's that. I pointed out the two most important parts however. If you need further elaboration I'll try to help, I'll be back here a couple times today at least. More if you're around and really need help.

I'm running this in windows on a macbook pro, so if I got it to work you should be able to as well. It's just a question of figuring it out. Also please try to remember that this game is alpha and REALLY unoptimized at this time.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 30, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »

Ah, the joys of playing huge mods with a game that isn't optimised yet ^_^

Yeah unoptimized mods on an alpha game that isn't optimzed... :D All good fun!

Really, really loving playing with this mod now, since making to appropriate changes! Even though when I end a play session corruption is pretty much assured, I'm still having tonnes of fun. Not running with save compression, and oddly enough the game runs pretty smoothly with 4 systems, and maxed out everything else.

The number of stations is the biggest contributor to memory use (as it dictates fleet counts among other things), so if you can bear to lower that you will probably have more stable games :)

I cannot wait for the day that StarSector is optimised for this sort of thing :D

Me neither, it's already such an amazing game :)

--- Windows Java 64bit JRE and memory instructions ---

Thanks dogamusprime, I will link to your write up from the OP. Just out of curiosity, what settings do you play with for 5GB memory use?

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »

Maximum Everything, with all of the listed compatible mods. It does ok with 4g, but sometimes when I try to load a save it just hangs right near the end(task manager listed it as trying to take 4.6g during this operation, so that's why I upped it) . Adding the extra gig solved that problem. I run the saves uncompressed as you suggested and it takes a little longer but always loads for me without fail.

It doesn't run perfectly as when the galaxy is fully populated I get a LOT of jerk and stutter. But considering that it's built around an alpha doing things it's not intended to do, it runs remarkably well.

One thing I've noticed, is that pirates seem to snowball later in the game if they establish a decent presence. Not sure if this is intended or not, or if I'm just getting this by coincidence in a series of games. They always seem to have a LOT of fleets. And I haven't played vanilla in so long that I can't remember if they even use caps or not  :-\. So I can see the extra fleets being a balance as I only see them rocking cruisers at most.

As an aside Zaph this mod is absolutely brilliant and I've loved every minute that I've played. The tiny bit of extra work to get it up and running was well worth it. If I have any problems I'll let you know right away.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:37:09 PM by dogamusprime »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »

Maximum Everything, with all of the listed compatible mods. It does ok with 4g, but sometimes when I try to load a save it just hangs right near the end(task manager listed it as trying to take 4.6g during this operation, so that's why I upped it) . Adding the extra gig solved that problem. I run the saves uncompressed as you suggested and it takes a little longer but always loads for me without fail.

Good to know, thanks :)

It doesn't run perfectly as when the galaxy is fully populated I get a LOT of jerk and stutter. But considering that it's built around an alpha doing things it's not intended to do, it runs remarkably well.

The jerk/stutter is probably due to some of the more intensive Exerelin scripts that are not that well optimised/spread evenly over time. They hopefully/eventually/probably will be at some point :)

One thing I've noticed, is that pirates seem to snowball later in the game if they establish a decent presence. Not sure if this is intended or not, or if I'm just getting this by coincidence in a series of games. They always seem to have a LOT of fleets. And I haven't played vanilla in so long that I can't remember if they even use caps or not  :-\. So I can see the extra fleets being a balance as I only see them rocking cruisers at most.

Yeah that's actually my experience too. Pirates were serious underdogs 0.54 so they got a few breaks (combat-freighter (mule), Venture in their mining fleets, slightly higher fleet size cap) but now their low resource cost, slightly larger, CR-cheap fleets seem to do really well! Their lack of a capital ships is kind of double-edged sword; their fleets are cheaper resource-wise but lack the 'punch' of some of the other factions fleets. Anyway, I'm not really sure how it all plays out in the auto-resolve but I do think it is more even compared to 0.54. Potentially some of the factions will get a slight re-balance around certain things, which I can now achieve more easily as of the last mod update :)

As an aside Zaph this mod is absolutely brilliant and I've loved every minute that I've played. The tiny bit of extra work to get it up and running was well worth it. If I have any problems I'll let you know right away.

Appreciated :)

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 31, 2013, 09:41:38 AM »

Hey Zaph,

When starting out in a smaller galaxy I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I start in a system with one or more other factions, they usually immediately declare war, or I declare war. This is fine except for the massive command fleets that they get at the start. Which just sit on top of my one solitary station and kill anything that comes out. The worst offender so far seems to be tri-tachyon. They start with at least four really good cap ships in that fleet. And my station kept pooping out cruiser commanded fleets to try to fight them. It was pretty sad.

Anyway, I end up having to restart over and over again until I can get into a system by myself. Not a really big deal just incredibly annoying. It's also not that big of a deal if I start further away from their home station, as the command fleet doesn't seem to wander much but, I always get sandwiched right next to them or they spawn right next to the only gas giant  :'(.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:15 PM »

Alright I managed to break my save! :D

First of all it's still awesome as always, thanks for the "wasted" hours! ;)

Secondly:
I get a NullPointerException right as the game finished loading the save.

The list of mods enabled:
Spoiler
  • Exerelin
  • LazyLib
  • --
  • Blackrock Drive Yards
  • Bushi
  • ASP Syndicate
  • Zorg
  • Hiigaran Descendants
  • Gedune
  • Junk Pirates
  • Nomades
  • Shadowyards
  • Kadur Theocracy
  • Neutrino Corp
[close]

The save + descriptors (settings.json compression enabled, I hope it isn't a problem :( ):
https://app.box.com/s/dfzbwh6gvfirkwjks4zo

The error message (+last few INFOs):
Spoiler
192475 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/blackrock.json]
192484 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/junkpirate.json]
192484 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/zorg_hive.json]
192491 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/shadowyards_hi.json]
192497 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/sindrian_diktat.json]
192498 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hegemony.json]
192500 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/regime.json]
192501 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hiigaran_descendants.json]
192501 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/tritachyon.json]
193109 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.FactionDirector.getFactionDirectorForFactionId(FactionDirector.java:160)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.setFleetAssignm ents$(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:112)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:157)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOoO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

And I'm on a 64 bit Linux running the 64 bit Sun Java 7, and I changed the memory parameters to: -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m.

I'll keep on playing from the backup so I lost ~20 minutes, nothing *too* serious :)
But I believe the most valuable information is the bug itself so I posted this anyways.

Thanks in advance!
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Garmine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »

When starting out in a smaller galaxy I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I start in a system with one or more other factions, they usually immediately declare war, or I declare war. This is fine except for the massive command fleets that they get at the start. Which just sit on top of my one solitary station and kill anything that comes out. The worst offender so far seems to be tri-tachyon. They start with at least four really good cap ships in that fleet. And my station kept pooping out cruiser commanded fleets to try to fight them. It was pretty sad.

I also had some problems with a Hegemony Command Fleet 'till they disappeared for some reason. I believe that if your first station spawned a Command Fleet of it's own these problems could be solved. :)

daggertx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 31, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »

Spoiler
58562 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.FactionDirector.getFactionDirectorForFactionId(FactionDirector.java:160)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.setFleetAssignm ents$(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:112)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:157)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.D.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Thank you!!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »

Hey Zaph,

Anyway, I end up having to restart over and over again until I can get into a system by myself. Not a really big deal just incredibly annoying. It's also not that big of a deal if I start further away from their home station, as the command fleet doesn't seem to wander much but, I always get sandwiched right next to them or they spawn right next to the only gas giant  :'(.

Yeah I'll look at spreading the starts out a bit more, or at least in a more sensible fashion. That initial AI command fleet is really just there to make sure the AI players don't get blown away straight away.

--- NullPointerException ---

Garmine, daggertx have you guys updated to Exerelin v0.621? It is save compatible with v0.62 and should hopefully fix this error.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 31, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »

Garmine, daggertx have you guys updated to Exerelin v0.621? It is save compatible with v0.62 and should hopefully fix this error.

Checked the modinfo.json just to be sure:
"version":"0.621"

So I afraid it is v0.621!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 31, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »

Checked the modinfo.json just to be sure:
"version":"0.621"

So I afraid it is v0.621!

Ah yeah OK I see it, thanks. I'll put up another save-compatible version with a fix tonight, and update the Zorg supported version too.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 141