Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923033 times)

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1170 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38:59 AM »

Played a little with 0.6.1 version of Exelerin. Though mining supplies seem an easy-mode thing, in reality it doesn't make any difference. Because:
- if I am using small fleet, I get from battles so many resources and waste so little, that it's hard to ever find situation when mining will really affect gameplay alot;
- supplies aren't that expensive, so mining supplies doesn't really give enough credits; after first few levels it is better to fight enemies;
- if I am mining, I need big cargo space, but that means I already have decent fleet. And when I already have decent fleet its better to fight.

So from my experience in Exelerin mining doesn't really gives anything special. It's more of an option for those who have very rough start or who lost alot of resources in the process of experimenting. If you aren't losing hard, you don't need mining. Sometimes I end up with several thousands of supplies just from one battle.
But getting experience from mining does seem interesting in perspective. There was one time at low level, when I wanted to engage one juicy fleet, but I needed one level up to do it. And few seconds of mining was enough to give me last bits of experience. This was rather interesting move.

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 11, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »

Thread safe would be great. At the moment, some of the messages are generated from other threads. Another option would be to use the CommandQueue to schedule messages to be run on the main thread only.

It should be pretty easy to provide a singleton logger class that passes messages through to the CampaignUI for display, but also stores them in a rolling (say 20 line or so) buffer that you could query and print from stations or somewhere else. Most of the core Java classes are thread-safe so that shouldn't be a problem.

It's too bad we can't stick something on the unused Officers or Outposts tab... or can we?

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 11, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »

Well mining allows me to forgo cargo ship and camp in enemy system without having to go all the way back to station to ressuply, when you bring the fight to them and you dont have a beach head in the system, having a few mining fighter can extend your deployement time by a lot.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 11, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »

--- mining ---

Well mining allows me to forgo cargo ship and camp in enemy system without having to go all the way back to station to ressuply, when you bring the fight to them and you dont have a beach head in the system, having a few mining fighter can extend your deployement time by a lot.

Yeah I don't really see mining as a primary thing-to-do yet. Perhaps when the mining and fleet cost systems get expanded it will become a bit more important.

Thread safe would be great. At the moment, some of the messages are generated from other threads. Another option would be to use the CommandQueue to schedule messages to be run on the main thread only.

It should be pretty easy to provide a singleton logger class that passes messages through to the CampaignUI for display, but also stores them in a rolling (say 20 line or so) buffer that you could query and print from stations or somewhere else. Most of the core Java classes are thread-safe so that shouldn't be a problem.

It's too bad we can't stick something on the unused Officers or Outposts tab... or can we?

I don't believe we can use those tabs yet unfortunately.

I don't think it would need to be a singleton class; just a static method would do that writes messages to CampaignUI and stores in a queue in SectorManager. The advantage to this is a) don't have to worry about messy statics across games and b) message queue would be saved across games.

StationInteractionDialog could then interrogate SectorManager to get the last 20 (or whatever the queue limit is) messages. Actually, this might be a good use for the Fleet Conference Dialog that darloth put together: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6971.0 as then you could access the message queue at the push of a key rather than having to fly to a station.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 12, 2013, 02:22:36 AM »

Is it normal to not find a single battleship for sale at your stations for two ingame years of play? I played one game where they showed up within a few months regularly, but on my other game, I didn't see a Conquest (playing Sindrian) at all during any point of my game, and I was about 2 years into it. Kinda sucked, cause all of the other AI fleets (both mine and enemy) were using battleships.

Is it also possible to edit which weapons a faction gets access to in their stations? I can understand that certain factions favor certain weapons, but honestly I find it more annoying than anything... for me it's one of those things where an attempt at realism is getting in the way of fun gameplay. If there was at least a chance of other faction weapons spawning at your stations, even in smaller quantities that would be fine (like your AI fleets are selling off spoils of war), but if it weren't for the omnifactory, you'd be almost entirely limited to your own faction's weapons if you're outfitting whole fleets.

I'm comfortable editing the files myself (I think) but I am not sure which files I'm looking for...

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 12, 2013, 02:32:27 AM »

It is normal. My only capital in several ingame years was superfreighter. While my allies have new capitals at their station every few months.

As for editing saves. Try selling to omnifactory some ships and weapons, wait for factory to start producing it, close game and open save. Now search near the end of the file (at least thats where omnifactory strings were in previous versions of the game, when I wanted to play with some ships which didn't spawn in fleets or stations) for these ships and weapons. Copy the block which describes what weapon or ship omnifactory has and change name/id to something else.

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 12, 2013, 07:11:21 AM »

Not sure if this belongs here. But im getting a consistent Null-Pointer exception in my save game now.

Not sure if this is a bug in the Exerelin mod code, or in the core starsector code. Since your in a better position to determine that, im posting this here.

Excerpt from my logfile:
Spoiler
Code
27391 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.CommRelayEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27391 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.NavBuoyEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27392 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.SensorArrayEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27602 [Thread-6] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Running LazyLib v1.61 for Starsector 0.6a
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_dagki_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_phasetele_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_dagki_emp_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_schwarm2_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_schwarm3_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_gravityplating_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_kyra_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_burndrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id bushi_phaseteleporter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_wraithii_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27624 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
27627 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 333,00 MB of texture data so far
27627 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
27784 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
37260 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading ..\\saves/save_Crandon_6066732850697116761...
45100 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
45883 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg into existing tex id 315
46292 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 345,00 MB of texture data so far
46293 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg (using cast)
95728 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:131)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getMembersListCopy(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinUtils.addRandomFactionShipsToCargo(ExerelinUtils.java:506)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemSupplyConvoySpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemSupplyConvoySpawnPoint.java:143)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.????00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

If there is anything else you need just let me know.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 12, 2013, 07:13:17 AM »

Anyone else find the 1 burn speed mechanic a tad annoying? I mean after you leave combat and return to the campaign map you get burn speed 1 for 5-10 seconds, that is more than enough time to get intercepted by almost any nearby hostile fleet. What's worse is that you get that speed even after selecting to disengage and play out a retreat combat mission. I dunno i just find it awkward and weird since the AI retreats with +4 added to it's base burn speed for 5 seconds.

daggertx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 12, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »

Hi,

Should I switch to 64bit Java? Thank you!!

Spoiler
69106 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [..\saves\save_John_5942256233324409444\descriptor.xml]
171542 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading C:\GAMES\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_John_5942256233324409444...
213399 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
213399 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/modAndPluginData/persistentData/entry[2]/map/entry[43]/FleetMember/fleetData/members/FleetMember[18]/captain/stats
line number         : 525549
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.rpg.Person
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
class[3]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData
class[5]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.void
version             : null
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/modAndPluginData/persistentData/entry[2]/map/entry[43]/FleetMember/fleetData/members/FleetMember[18]/captain/stats
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:85)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:77)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:89)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:77)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1052)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1036)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:921)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callR eadResolve(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:235)
   ... 84 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:209)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.StatBonus.<init>(StatBonus.java:21)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.setSkillLevel(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.setAptitudeLevel(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callR eadResolve(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:235)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
[close]

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 12, 2013, 08:03:32 AM »

Currently the Gedune, Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants mods dont work with Exerelin.

This is because the function 'addModdedFactionsToList' checks for 'Gen' files which in the latest version of those mods apparently have been renamed. I manually edited the ExerelinData file to make it work again. But i figured i'd post it here to let you guys know.

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 12, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »

DefiasOne: I have mixed feelings. On the one hand it is a known bug, when you disengage and have 1 burn, which will be fixed with next update of Starsector (and I think it will happen soon). But 1 burn after normal battle is how it should be, iirc. On the other hand having 1 burn adds some spice to the game. It gives nice feeling of walking on the edge, when you are raiding enemy territory. That joy when you have 3 stages of the battle, pursuit, and after that you are engaged by yet another fleet and you still emerge victorious with all ships non-combat ready after that.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 12, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »

--- other factions weapons ---

Not really possible without a lot of bother. The weapon lists are derived from the faction fleets.

The Independent Traders will drop off other factions ships/weapons if they visit your stations, and if you are allied with a faction you can shop at their stations. Also, your allies may send logistics convoys if your stations come under heavy attack and those convoys contain that factions ships and weapons.

Not sure if this belongs here. But im getting a consistent Null-Pointer exception in my save game now.

Not sure if this is a bug in the Exerelin mod code, or in the core starsector code. Since your in a better position to determine that, im posting this here.

Excerpt from my logfile:
Spoiler
Code
27391 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.CommRelayEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27391 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.NavBuoyEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27392 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.SensorArrayEffect] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
27602 [Thread-6] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Running LazyLib v1.61 for Starsector 0.6a
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_dagki_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_phasetele_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_dagki_emp_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_schwarm2_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_schwarm3_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27622 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id neutrino_gravityplating_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_kyra_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gedune_burndrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id bushi_phaseteleporter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27623 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id drone_wraithii_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
27624 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
27627 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 333,00 MB of texture data so far
27627 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
27784 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
37260 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading ..\\saves/save_Crandon_6066732850697116761...
45100 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
45883 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg into existing tex id 315
46292 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 345,00 MB of texture data so far
46293 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg (using cast)
95728 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:131)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getMembersListCopy(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinUtils.addRandomFactionShipsToCargo(ExerelinUtils.java:506)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemSupplyConvoySpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemSupplyConvoySpawnPoint.java:143)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.????00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
[close]

If there is anything else you need just let me know.

Currently the Gedune, Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants mods dont work with Exerelin.

This is because the function 'addModdedFactionsToList' checks for 'Gen' files which in the latest version of those mods apparently have been renamed. I manually edited the ExerelinData file to make it work again. But i figured i'd post it here to let you guys know.

Danthar, I suspect you are getting those issues because you are running an older version of Exerelin; try updating to the latest version. Unfortunately it is not save compatible but among other things it fixes the NullPointerException and the faction mod incompatibility.

Hi,

Should I switch to 64bit Java? Thank you!!

Spoiler
69106 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [..\saves\save_John_5942256233324409444\descriptor.xml]
171542 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading C:\GAMES\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_John_5942256233324409444...
213399 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
213399 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:85)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:89)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1052)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1036)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:921)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve() : Java heap space
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callR eadResolve(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:71)
   ... 84 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:209)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.StatBonus.<init>(StatBonus.java:21)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.setSkillLevel(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.setAptitudeLevel(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callR eadResolve(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:65)
[close]

Probably. Have you tried upping the memory settings on the game? If not, try that first. If you are playing with a large setup (many systems, stations etc) and/or many faction mods you may want to change to Java 64bit and even more memory.

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 12, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »

Is it normal to not find a single battleship for sale at your stations for two ingame years of play?

Same here.
It really sucks.
The biggest thing I can get is the Aurora Cruiser and while it's one of the (if not the) best cruisers it's no Odissey.

Maybe you need points in the 'Station industry' skill for bases to sell Battleships?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:57:37 PM by Giangiotto »

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 12, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »

Nah I've seen battleships for sale in one of my other saves after only a few months of in-game time, but that was last version, so maybe that changed in the latest one... I almost wish I could attack my own fleets just for the chance to board a Conquest and take it home, lol.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 12, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »

I've been playing with Exerelin and several of the supported faction mods for a while now.  My current campaign is 24 systems, 5 stations/system.  I think 9 factions total.

My character is up to level 42 now and one thing I am noticing that bugs me, is that a faction will send 30-50 fleets to capture an enemy station, while leaving 1-2 fleets to defend a station they own.  To make it even worse, factions will gang up on a station with their allies. 

When I get the notice that one of my stations is being boarded, that station is gone by the time I arrive and they are on to the next one.  When I get into the invaded system, there is literally 100+ fleets there, and maybe 4-8 of them are my faction.  This is no exaggeration.

I find the only thing that can possibly stop a station from getting capped is if I have a fleet strong enough that no enemy fleet will attack me, and I abuse the hell out of the 'Repair in Station' function.  I camp the station, blowing up enemy fleets as fast as I possibly can, while keeping an eye out for the dozens of Boarding Fleets that are incoming.  Eventually they give up and move on to some other target (probably one of my Allies stations).

With the current faction fleet behavior, there is no hope in hell that a faction can defend a station without my intervention.

I will say that yesterday while protecting a Junk Pirate (My Allies) station from invasion, there were about 15 enemy fleets on my screen and as I had the game paused, mousing over them looking for Boarding Fleets, I noticed that every single fleet on the screen said 'Hostile, running from your fleet'.  It made me feel pretty badass.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 141