Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922827 times)

avallanch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1155 on: October 10, 2013, 01:20:10 AM »

im missing nomands from this release :)
other than that it is great!

You can just add them in, avallanch; they work with Exerelin "out-of-the-box".
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0

Although Trylobot has updated Nomads, I have been lax and haven't yet updated Exerelin :P

However if you want you can edit the Exerelin mod (not the Nomads mod) to have it pick up the latest Nomad versions.

You'll need to change data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinData.java, line 257:
Code
// Test for nomads
if(isFactionInstalled("nomad", "data.scripts.nom.world.SectorGenWithNomads"))
      possibleFactionList.add("nomad");
TO
Code
// Test for nomads
if(isFactionInstalled("nomads", "data.scripts.TheNomadsModPlugin"))
      possibleFactionList.add("nomads");

Change data/scripts/plugins/CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java, line 520:
Code
else if (factionId.equalsIgnoreCase("nomad"))
TO
Code
else if (factionId.equalsIgnoreCase("nomads"))

Change mod_info.json:
Remove this line:
Code
"data/world/factions/nomads.faction",

and delete the following file:
data/world/factions/nomads.faction

did everything earlier :) found it in some github rep:P
it couses a lot of errors and wont let you start as nomad

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 10, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »

I cannot seem to find a way to force the AI to increase it's fleet sizes. In the exelerin faction files I have tripled the max fleet points for every fleet composition as well as doubling the maximum allowable of each ship type and the fleets still seem to never include the larger battleships I have added... Additionally, it doesn't seem like the fleets are any bigger.. perhaps there is something going on in the exelerin fleet spawning scripts that I also need to modify?

Some info on how to make the fleets more challenging would be nice.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 10, 2013, 02:54:47 AM »

did everything earlier :) found it in some github rep:P
it couses a lot of errors and wont let you start as nomad

What are the errors? The steps I posted are just what we changed in the current DEV of Exerelin to get Nomads working. Perhaps try downloading the DEV? https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/get/master.zip

I cannot seem to find a way to force the AI to increase it's fleet sizes. In the exelerin faction files I have tripled the max fleet points for every fleet composition as well as doubling the maximum allowable of each ship type and the fleets still seem to never include the larger battleships I have added... Additionally, it doesn't seem like the fleets are any bigger.. perhaps there is something going on in the exelerin fleet spawning scripts that I also need to modify?

Some info on how to make the fleets more challenging would be nice.

Hmmm I thought that would work. Maybe stations don't have enough resources for the increased fleet sizes? The only fleet you should need to change is exerelinGenericFleet.

The code that removes capital ships first if a fleet can't be spawned due to resource constraints is in data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java, in method getBestFleetForStation(), line 147. You would need to remove the if part of that statement (down till line 185) and just leave the else part to run everytime.

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 10, 2013, 03:04:50 AM »

Oh, that would explain it then. Maximum mining speed of the miners is xxx and i'm assuming fleets are spawned on a sort of clock.. so what was happening in my game was probably that the stations were never getting enough resources, and even though the fleets were "spawning" with the battleships, the resource script of exelerin was hacking them off before actually getting spawned.

I have now tripled the mining speed of miners (I'm assuming that directly changing that option under the config file in exelerin is correct working right?)... hopefully this will ensure that the station absolutely has enough supplies.

PS: It doesn't seem that changing the default and modified burn speeds in the setting file does anything.. is this being overwritten somewhere? Would like all fleets to fly around faster.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:06:23 AM by Swizzlewizzle »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 10, 2013, 03:14:12 AM »

Oh, that would explain it then. Maximum mining speed of the miners is xxx and i'm assuming fleets are spawned on a sort of clock.. so what was happening in my game was probably that the stations were never getting enough resources, and even though the fleets were "spawning" with the battleships, the resource script of exelerin was hacking them off before actually getting spawned.

I have now tripled the mining speed of miners (I'm assuming that directly changing that option under the config file in exelerin is correct working right?)... hopefully this will ensure that the station absolutely has enough supplies.

PS: It doesn't seem that changing the default and modified burn speeds in the setting file does anything.. is this being overwritten somewhere? Would like all fleets to fly around faster.

Should do, although you'll also need fuel, crew and marines too, so you might have to amend those (unfortunately I haven't put those values in exerelin_config.josn yet. You will want to look at GasMiningFleetSpawnPoint:createTestTargetScript and StationRecord:increaseResources).

You want to change the settings.json in the Exerelin mod as it is overriding the StarSector core one.

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 10, 2013, 03:23:22 AM »

Any easier way to do this?

***Maybe there is a way to get stations to send out two or three mining fleets instead of 1?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:39:25 AM by Swizzlewizzle »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 10, 2013, 04:50:36 AM »

Any easier way to do this?

***Maybe there is a way to get stations to send out two or three mining fleets instead of 1?

Hmmm not really unfortunately. I'll be putting more of these settings in the config file but it's not really a priority at this point :)

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 10, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »

Zaphide, it seems that since Shadowyards Heavy Industries and Zorg have their own settings.json, Exerelin's own setting on compressSaveGameData got overwritten if people playing with either of it activated. They will be saving in regular .xml format unless they also edit the settings.json within the respective mods. You may want to notify people about that.

EDIT: AND edit "suppliesPerMarinePerDay" to 0.02, following the new 0.6.1a setting, or just remove the line altogether (this one apply to Exerelin too).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:38:15 AM by Andy H.K. »

Withering

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 10, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »

That 64bit java thing fixed my every save!

Thanks a bunch!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 10, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »

Zaphide, it seems that since Shadowyards Heavy Industries and Zorg have their own settings.json, Exerelin's own setting on compressSaveGameData got overwritten if people playing with either of it activated. They will be saving in regular .xml format unless they also edit the settings.json within the respective mods. You may want to notify people about that.

EDIT: AND edit "suppliesPerMarinePerDay" to 0.02, following the new 0.6.1a setting, or just remove the line altogether (this one apply to Exerelin too).

Thanks, I'll have a chat with MShadowy and Erick. I don't think they need to replace the whole settings.json file, as I believe they are just adding custom illustrations.

And yeah Exerelin doesn't need the whole settings.json file either. Will fix for the next release.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 10, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

in next release will the downloads for the factions be like the zorg mod...all that has is download and play

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 10, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »

in next release will the downloads for the factions be like the zorg mod...all that has is download and play

All the supported factions (except Blackrock Driveyards and ASP Syndicate which require minor changes) are download and play alongside.

If you want save compression and are using the Zorg or Shadowyards Heavy Industries mods you'll need to edit their settings/json file (see the OP for details).

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 10, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »

So i have been having a blast lately with this mod, the only thing i dont really like is the inability to *stick* to station during takeover, i mean if i want to mine, i simply click the asteroid and my ship will *orbit/follow* the rock, but i cant do so with station, my fleet will always do a complete stop after the menu wich i find really frustating and god these takeover takes forever.... i mean for one takeover, i need to snap out 5-6 respawn, run out of marines, go fetch more rinse and repeat 3-4 time in a row... thats over 600/800 marines total if not more, i dont mind the number, what i mind is the time it takes to deplete marines or take over them when you have to dance with the station.

Again i wouldnt really mind with the time if my fleet would *stick* to the station. Did i miss a control to do just that?

nektu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 11, 2013, 12:21:16 AM »

- Message history
    - I was thinking just wrap the StarSector message API in a class and have it retain a message history that can then be queried
    - Add a 'Few recent messages' function to StationInteractionDialogPlugin to view said messages
I want to get my feet wet regarding Starsector modding, and may as well try my luck with that.

I had a look at the message API, and all I could find were the "addMessage" methods in the CampaignUIAPI. Now, its trivial to just write a wrapper that provides "addMessage" methods and safes the messages before giving them to the CampaignUIAPI. But that would mean, that all the messages written by the faction mods added to exerlin will not be able to use it without changing their code (which is not a satisfying solution).

Am I missing something? Is it possible to somehow replace or extend the default-implementation of CampaignUIAPI?
Oh, and has that storage to be thread-safe?

Edit: I just found the issue in bitbucket - feel free to add your comments and clarifications there to keep this thread clean.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:26:11 AM by nektu »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 11, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »

So i have been having a blast lately with this mod, the only thing i dont really like is the inability to *stick* to station during takeover, i mean if i want to mine, i simply click the asteroid and my ship will *orbit/follow* the rock, but i cant do so with station, my fleet will always do a complete stop after the menu wich i find really frustating and god these takeover takes forever.... i mean for one takeover, i need to snap out 5-6 respawn, run out of marines, go fetch more rinse and repeat 3-4 time in a row... thats over 600/800 marines total if not more, i dont mind the number, what i mind is the time it takes to deplete marines or take over them when you have to dance with the station.

Again i wouldnt really mind with the time if my fleet would *stick* to the station. Did i miss a control to do just that?

I understand the frustration with the non-stick issue but I think I would rather keep the interactions on the campaign map, as the only other option at the moment is to move to a dialog system and I don't really like dialogs that much...

I'll have a look at increasing the combat amount per day to have things pass quicker, and I should be able to increase the allowed radius for a station board so that it is a bit more lenient if you are hovering over it or not.

- Message history
    - I was thinking just wrap the StarSector message API in a class and have it retain a message history that can then be queried
    - Add a 'Few recent messages' function to StationInteractionDialogPlugin to view said messages
I want to get my feet wet regarding Starsector modding, and may as well try my luck with that.

I had a look at the message API, and all I could find were the "addMessage" methods in the CampaignUIAPI. Now, its trivial to just write a wrapper that provides "addMessage" methods and safes the messages before giving them to the CampaignUIAPI. But that would mean, that all the messages written by the faction mods added to exerlin will not be able to use it without changing their code (which is not a satisfying solution).

Am I missing something? Is it possible to somehow replace or extend the default-implementation of CampaignUIAPI?
Oh, and has that storage to be thread-safe?

Edit: I just found the issue in bitbucket - feel free to add your comments and clarifications there to keep this thread clean.

I'll add this stuff to the BitBucket issue too.

It won't matter if other mods messages don't get saved; Exerelin should be running almost all of the campaign level scripts :)

Thread safe would be great. At the moment, some of the messages are generated from other threads. Another option would be to use the CommandQueue to schedule messages to be run on the main thread only.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 141